lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium


Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-29-2018, 04:28 AM   #121
Gone Wild
 
Jkerle's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: West Columbia Texas
Posts: 911
Default Re: The rescue build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4ever View Post
I like the angled side plates. Give it great mounting surfaces. Also allows more heat transfer for the charger. I donít think the stock fan really does much good. Mine sucks air in from the top and blows out the sides.

If this was around thanksgiving I could have dropped off my engine lift for you to use, should be back in Angleton around then. Or my chain fall. Harbor fright (not freight) sells a cheap one that works pretty good. Used it to lift a water heater into and out of an attic and to pull old fence posts that were set in concrete. It is not fast, but much easier on the back.

Either way, looking really good!
Thanks man! I've been leaving the seat propped open on my other cart when I charge it. I tend to forget to unplug the charger every now and then so the batteries would deff get heat soaked over time. The lazy life seat doesnt use the OEM hinges so I need to come up with an easy way to prop it up. I feel like removing the seat completely to charge is kind of a pain.



Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-29-2018, 08:33 AM   #122
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Pa.
Posts: 3,432
Default Re: The rescue build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
I cannot believe this worked
Archeimedies (sp)..."Give me a lever long enough and I can move the earth!"

You may have started something here......I still need to install my "light weight" 7 module pack!!

BTW, I see you have the Elcon TC charger. I can only assume you had them "hard wire" it with the upper limit of pack voltage.

Should you ever purchase a BMS that (like the ZEVA) uses CAN Bus to monitor the charger, you can send your current charger to California and they will re-program it to work with the ZEVA. Then you can change the upper limits on your charger. (You prolly already know this)
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2018, 09:02 AM   #123
Gone Wild
 
Jkerle's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: West Columbia Texas
Posts: 911
Default Re: The rescue build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Archeimedies (sp)..."Give me a lever long enough and I can move the earth!"

You may have started something here......I still need to install my "light weight" 7 module pack!!

BTW, I see you have the Elcon TC charger. I can only assume you had them "hard wire" it with the upper limit of pack voltage.

Should you ever purchase a BMS that (like the ZEVA) uses CAN Bus to monitor the charger, you can send your current charger to California and they will re-program it to work with the ZEVA. Then you can change the upper limits on your charger. (You prolly already know this)
I should have used a bigger lever. My back is in sad shape today.

I am using the TC charger. Its adjustable via canbus to work with the zeva. The vendor I went through gave me 2 options hard coded at what ever voltage I wanted with out canbus enable or canbus enable but with out the hard coded limit. I wanted canbus enable with a hard coded upper limit of 58.0v just for added protection and user error but they wouldn't do it. O well my other cart has been converted over a year with out any issues so I'm not worried about it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2018, 10:54 AM   #124
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,383
Default Re: The rescue build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
I cannot believe this worked

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Being a deer hunter, I already had this installed. Worked out great for removing the engine and installing the battery pack.

battlift - Copy.jpg

IMG_1354 - Copy.JPG

You did a good job figuring out how to do it. Good ole' American ingenuity!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2018, 11:16 AM   #125
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Pa.
Posts: 3,432
Default Re: The rescue build thread.

On this older pic of my cart, (I don't currently have the front basket on, and I also updated the front brush guard with a Grizzley) you can see my Grizzley "roll cage." Now, I know that in an event of a rollover (which should never happen) that roll bar\cage won't "hold" the cart's weight (but with 400-lbs of less weight, it will have a better chance) but it's better than the factory roof struts.

However, as you can see from the pic, I've drawn some red arrows that I think would work to hoist my battery box into the cart. I have a snatch block for my winch which I could mount at the top. I think the roll cage would have no issues supporting the weight.....I just need to figure out what kind of bar to slide across the roll cage. I'm lazy when it comes to wanting to remove the lexan top.....but if I gotta.....maybe I gotta.

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2018, 03:25 PM   #126
Gone Wild
 
Jkerle's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: West Columbia Texas
Posts: 911
Default Re: The rescue build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
On this older pic of my cart, (I don't currently have the front basket on, and I also updated the front brush guard with a Grizzley) you can see my Grizzley "roll cage." Now, I know that in an event of a rollover (which should never happen) that roll bar\cage won't "hold" the cart's weight (but with 400-lbs of less weight, it will have a better chance) but it's better than the factory roof struts.

However, as you can see from the pic, I've drawn some red arrows that I think would work to hoist my battery box into the cart. I have a snatch block for my winch which I could mount at the top. I think the roll cage would have no issues supporting the weight.....I just need to figure out what kind of bar to slide across the roll cage. I'm lazy when it comes to wanting to remove the lexan top.....but if I gotta.....maybe I gotta.

It shouldn't be to bad Dave. I think the total weight of my pack and all the other components was around 120lbs. You should be well under half of that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #127
Gone Wild
 
Jkerle's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: West Columbia Texas
Posts: 911
Default Re: The rescue build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Being a deer hunter, I already had this installed. Worked out great for removing the engine and installing the battery pack.

Attachment 177386

Attachment 177387

You did a good job figuring out how to do it. Good ole' American ingenuity!
That hoist is slick! I like the electric conversion aswell gas is over rated!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #128
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 343
Default Re: The rescue build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
It shouldn't be to bad Dave. I think the total weight of my pack and all the other components was around 120lbs. You should be well under half of that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Looking at that roll cage, I see no reason why a strap (or heavy rope) tied between the top bars would not hold the weight of your battery pack. Only issue I see is swinging the pack into the cart. If it was sitting on the floor board, lifting it into the battery bucket would be easy with a strap, snatch block and your winch.

Maybe lift it onto a platform even with the floorboard, slide it onto the floorboard, then lift it into the battery bucket? Or wait for some young strapping boys to help. Usually plenty of young boys in most neighborhoods.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2018, 07:40 PM   #129
Gone Wild
 
Jkerle's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: West Columbia Texas
Posts: 911
Default Re: The rescue build thread.

Well a bit earlier than expected but it moves!!! Next step is to check the charger out.

Still alot of wiring to do for lights and zeva sleep but the big win is the mcor is good I was afraid it would have been flooded.

This weekend it should be rolling!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #130
Gone Wild
 
Jkerle's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: West Columbia Texas
Posts: 911
Default Re: The rescue build thread.

Pulled the trigger on some floor mat material. Good reviews from a few other members who have used a similar product hopefully the brown color doesnt clash with the seats.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
TXT Build Thread Members Rides
04 TXT PDS Build Thread Electric EZGO
Build thread question Gas EZGO
Trkbilder's Build Thread Members Rides


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.