lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium


Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-13-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Posts: 85
Default 2010 precedent leaf install-

Trying to get the last few pieces needed to make the lithium swap in my 2010 clubcar Limo cart

SO far I have 14 Leaf batteries, Chargery BMS (with temp sensor and shunt) and a 58.1v charger (although might re-visit the charger)

Getting ready to start building battery box, putting pack together and lining old battery tub

Have spent numerous hours reading and re-reading through all the build threads and trying to get a complete list together.


Where can I source some bus bars that span 4 cells? --The ones the came with my kit are only 2 hole (they were made to put together 2 separate 7 cell packs)

Is the mzj-400a Ok to substitute in place of the gigavac contactor?

BMS wires- Where can I get correct connectors for connecting to busbars? or will small ring terminals be OK?
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 01-13-2020, 05:56 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
Jkerle's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: West Columbia Texas
Posts: 966
Default Re: 2010 precedent leaf install-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro22 View Post
Trying to get the last few pieces needed to make the lithium swap in my 2010 clubcar Limo cart



SO far I have 14 Leaf batteries, Chargery BMS (with temp sensor and shunt) and a 58.1v charger (although might re-visit the charger)



Getting ready to start building battery box, putting pack together and lining old battery tub



Have spent numerous hours reading and re-reading through all the build threads and trying to get a complete list together.





Where can I source some bus bars that span 4 cells? --The ones the came with my kit are only 2 hole (they were made to put together 2 separate 7 cell packs)



Is the mzj-400a Ok to substitute in place of the gigavac contactor?



BMS wires- Where can I get correct connectors for connecting to busbars? or will small ring terminals be OK?
I ordered copper stock from mcmaster Carr 1/8in x 3/4in x 36in and made my own.

I actually just had a new gigavac contactor fail on me. The mjz400 will do everything the gigavac will just install a fly back diode across the coil terminals if the chargery BMS doesnt have internal suppression.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2020, 09:06 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
MCJEFE's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Lady Lake, FL.
Posts: 395
Default Re: 2010 precedent leaf install-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
I ordered copper stock from mcmaster Carr 1/8in x 3/4in x 36in and made my own.

I actually just had a new gigavac contactor fail on me. The mjz400 will do everything the gigavac will just install a fly back diode across the coil terminals if the chargery BMS doesnt have internal suppression.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
X2 on both.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2020, 07:32 AM   #4
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Pa.
Posts: 3,574
Default Re: 2010 precedent leaf install-

This may (or may not) help you out. The list from my build:

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2020, 11:05 AM   #5
Getting Wild
 
swb713's Avatar
Columbia
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 141
Cool Re: 2010 precedent leaf install-

Thanks for the list Dave.
This helps more people than just the OP.
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2020, 07:50 PM   #6
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Posts: 85
Default Re: 2010 precedent leaf install-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
This may (or may not) help you out. The list from my build:

I have your list already saved to my files. been workign to get all the parts here. Thanks for sharing that !

Can you clarify about the 2 Shunt mounts you ordered,.
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2020, 09:14 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Pa.
Posts: 3,574
Default Re: 2010 precedent leaf install-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro22 View Post
Can you clarify about the 2 Shunt mounts you ordered,.
Order two of these....makes life much easier. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Make sure you get the correct stud size.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
2010 Precedent front leaf spring break Electric Club Car
2010 CC Precedent EnviroAudio Speaker + Sub Install Electric Club Car
Where to install ScottyB voltage reducer on 2010 Precedent Electric Club Car
2010 CC Precedent Install Diagram Electric Club Car
2010 Precedent Radio and Lights Install Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.