lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-13-2018, 09:02 PM   #1
Addictive Personality
 
BrutalSoldier's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Rio Linda, Ca.
Posts: 1,301
Default LMAO @ Vegas Carts

So I start out with an immediate issue on a new 460 with the start/alt bracket failing. I contact them and the weakness is admitted but somehow I still end up paying to have a new one shipped to me. Get the second bracket, put it on and it fails. Now when I contact them this time you would think the would mention something about the start/gen setup in a CC DS causes a lot of vibration at high rpms but no just an offer to sell me another bracket. I say no thanx and fix and reinforce broken bracket #2. Bracket works great for awhile then off snaps a nipple on the block the bracket attaches to. Contact them again and quickly find out they have no intention on any kind of warranty and even act like it's my fault or I am trying to get something free.
Today I notice on Facebook several different questions and concerns about vc products. I guess my simple harmless responses didn't fit the propaganda they are trying to maintain because my posts were promptly deleted and I was blocked. Someones true colors came out.
Now I am sure this will be removed and I will probably get blocked here but I have said my piece.
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 08-14-2018, 09:25 AM   #2
HBR
Gone Wild
 
HBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 582
Default Re: LMAO @ Vegas Carts

I follow several golf cart groups on FB. Did you post about the problems with the S/G bracket on one of those?
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2018, 01:00 PM   #3
go to cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 67,695
Default Re: LMAO @ Vegas Carts

All companies have problems. Especially companies who engineer modifications. Trust me - I know from experience. It's not the problem that counts. It's what the company does after the problem that counts.
I suggest you contact them and let them know this will be your 3rd bracket. Has anybody else reported a similar issue. (I seem to remember you were the 1st customer for this kit, or not? ) and ask them what their suggestion is for a permanent solution
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2018, 01:30 PM   #4
.........................
 
rib33024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Lauderdale FL.
Posts: 14,726
Default Re: LMAO @ Vegas Carts

It sucks your are having problems. Not sure why you would think. Because you tell us the problem you are having with VC, that your post would be removed and you would not be allowed back here. That's not the way it works here at BGW




Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalSoldier View Post
So I start out with an immediate issue on a new 460 with the start/alt bracket failing. I contact them and the weakness is admitted but somehow I still end up paying to have a new one shipped to me. Get the second bracket, put it on and it fails. Now when I contact them this time you would think the would mention something about the start/gen setup in a CC DS causes a lot of vibration at high rpms but no just an offer to sell me another bracket. I say no thanx and fix and reinforce broken bracket #2. Bracket works great for awhile then off snaps a nipple on the block the bracket attaches to. Contact them again and quickly find out they have no intention on any kind of warranty and even act like it's my fault or I am trying to get something free.
Today I notice on Facebook several different questions and concerns about vc products. I guess my simple harmless responses didn't fit the propaganda they are trying to maintain because my posts were promptly deleted and I was blocked. Someones true colors came out.
Now I am sure this will be removed and I will probably get blocked here but I have said my piece.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #5
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 260
Default Re: LMAO @ Vegas Carts

Guys,

Much like BGW, we do not erase or block comments on social media, especially when they are on public pages. The authority is not present.

We are more than happy to replace a part once. Any more than that causes questions as to what was happening when it broke and how it broke. It does not help knowing that more than likely the cart is doing wheelies and then some.

Like the OEM engine that was replaced, everything has limitations. Some people find the limitations faster than others. If a bracket broke and was repaired/reinforced by the end user and then broke again, this should tell you abuse has to be a factor.

Although fun, golf carts do have limits and will never be a side by side. We try to deliver a quality product and for 90% of people we do. The other 10% we try to make happy but it is not always possible.
AaronW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2018, 12:03 AM   #6
Admin
 
spriddle's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 25,264
Default Re: LMAO @ Vegas Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronW View Post
Guys,

Much like BGW, we do not erase or block comments on social media, especially when they are on public pages. The authority is not present.

We are more than happy to replace a part once. Any more than that causes questions as to what was happening when it broke and how it broke. It does not help knowing that more than likely the cart is doing wheelies and then some.

Like the OEM engine that was replaced, everything has limitations. Some people find the limitations faster than others. If a bracket broke and was repaired/reinforced by the end user and then broke again, this should tell you abuse has to be a factor.

Although fun, golf carts do have limits and will never be a side by side. We try to deliver a quality product and for 90% of people we do. The other 10% we try to make happy but it is not always possible.
Thanks for responding Aaron. I think that shows that you guys are concerned and willing to try and resolve any issues that arise if you can.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2018, 12:08 AM   #7
Admin
 
spriddle's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 25,264
Default Re: LMAO @ Vegas Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
It sucks your are having problems. Not sure why you would think. Because you tell us the problem you are having with VC, that your post would be removed and you would not be allowed back here. That's not the way it works here at BGW
Well said rib. Not sure why anyone here would think any different.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #8
Addictive Personality
 
BrutalSoldier's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Rio Linda, Ca.
Posts: 1,301
Default Re: LMAO @ Vegas Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronW View Post
Guys,

Much like BGW, we do not erase or block comments on social media, especially when they are on public pages. The authority is not present.

We are more than happy to replace a part once. Any more than that causes questions as to what was happening when it broke and how it broke. It does not help knowing that more than likely the cart is doing wheelies and then some.

Like the OEM engine that was replaced, everything has limitations. Some people find the limitations faster than others. If a bracket broke and was repaired/reinforced by the end user and then broke again, this should tell you abuse has to be a factor.

Although fun, golf carts do have limits and will never be a side by side. We try to deliver a quality product and for 90% of people we do. The other 10% we try to make happy but it is not always possible.
Why lie?? My posts on the VC facebook page were removed and I no longer have an option to comment on posts. And of course you would point out how I use my cart but fail to mention that the problem existed within the first 30 min of simple break-in driving. You boast about these engines but fail to warn of issues (excessive heat and vibration and others) and then blame the consumer when something fails. Even your instructions basically warn that your company is not responsible for parts failure once installed. That the failures are a consumer error. What happen to the days when the customer was always right? At the end of the day I have to thank you for giving me the middle finger after only purchasing 2 engine kits. I was actually ready to get a 3rd but started seeing the writing on the wall and got myself a 670. And HF gave me a warranty covering everything except running it out of oil and it blows. At least HF knows how to stand behind the Chinese knock-offs they sell.
Now I would like to take a moment to apologize to the rest the members. This is a great forum and better served with real cart issues. But after ignored e-mails then blocking me on Facebook I became frustrated. I guess the take-away is unless you have great mechanical skills to modify the kits to fit correctly and only plan on doing golf course driving a VC engine won't be for you.
P.S. What do you call the video posted by VC showing 1 of there fresh installs doing wheelies right there at their shop?? False Advertising??
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #9
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 379
Default Re: LMAO @ Vegas Carts

Brutal soldier join the club

I have had two different starter/generator brackets break.

I contacted and had to pay for the replacement(which while a new design still broke)
I have both for proof.
They was on a vc460 in a 91 club car ds.
I always had issues till I went key start in my cart and sadly pulled my vc460(which had carb issues at the time)
It was a obvious design flaw with the first one but the second one broke just in front of the bracket for the starter/generator.(which forced me to go key start due to having the engine already and not wanting to pay for another obviously flawed bracket)
I’ve got a buddy who has a family member who can weld I’m going to take both brackets to him soon and get both properly fixed then I’m selling them with my vc460 and factory starter/generator.(which is why for those who are wondering why I haven’t posted any pics or updates on my for sale ad yet)
I really hated to give up pedal start but I had nothing but problems with the engine and brackets while I had it in use with the vc460.
I want to get a 625 but I’m waiting till they release the rev kit for it as I don’t want to be limited to 4K rpms.
general01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Vegas Carts 460 Clone Engine Swaps
Vegas Carts belt for Clone/HD driven carts - BRAND NEW Golf Carts and Parts
Wow wow wow vegas carts Clone Engine Swaps
Vegas Carts 440 Videos


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.