lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps


Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #21
Sometime's............
 
smallblock450sl's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tacoma Washington
Posts: 10,991
Default Re: Yamahauler.....

Thanks guy's....Rodger/Crash/Rifter/Ritchie/"Spidey" (and I will say that "freaked me out"!) and all you other gear heads, If you have an idea, throw me a bone. I'd much rather try this myself. Thanks for the encouragement!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-19-2010, 04:45 PM   #22
Totally Wild
 
rifter's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 3,854
Default Re: Yamahauler.....

You need ideas on the 4 link brackets? If those are the tires you are going to use just give another 1/2 inch inside and mount them, they don't have to be on the tube section as long as you stay away from the gear housing flange you'll be fine. Wish I was closer I'd like to help on that one. The offer you got from your friend is good, you can still be the fabricator, just make use of his equipped shop, 2 brains, 2 views, 2 working.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #23
Sometime's............
 
smallblock450sl's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tacoma Washington
Posts: 10,991
Default Re: Yamahauler.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
You need ideas on the 4 link brackets? If those are the tires you are going to use just give another 1/2 inch inside and mount them, they don't have to be on the tube section as long as you stay away from the gear housing flange you'll be fine. Wish I was closer I'd like to help on that one. The offer you got from your friend is good, you can still be the fabricator, just make use of his equipped shop, 2 brains, 2 views, 2 working.
Thanks Rifter, ya that's what I was asking. Only 1/2 inch clearance of the tires is ok? That makes me feel better. I think with the 1/2", I'll only have to modify the inward bracket for the larger portion of the housing. Wish you were closer also, and with your help and experiance it would be fabbed in no time His "offer" is nice because of his knowledge and shop (he has all the equipment to fab, the problem is...I can't get him to commit to any dollar figure. He say's he wants to help build it, but, I'm not going to just throw money at him for things I want and maybe can do myself. Make sence? PS, really wanted to use these style brackets, but seem's the caliper will interfer with the coil over shock mounting. Could I install them on the top side of the housing, with the coil over mount holes on top? Thanks Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10768.jpg (9.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by smallblock450sl; 10-19-2010 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: more info
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #24
Sometime's............
 
smallblock450sl's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tacoma Washington
Posts: 10,991
Default Re: Yamahauler.....

Looked at the donor frame today. Seems it was hit pretty hard in the front end and seems some measurements are off. Will probably take it to our autobody guy that straigtens frames for us before really getting started on this engine/rear diff/suspension and stretching fabbing. Useually takes about a week. May get the engine to the shop and backhalf another old stripped frame to see how things work. Better to scrap a G16 frame then the G22 frame I plan to use. Rhome wasn't built in a day, right
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 03:18 AM   #25
ZZGONE
 
richie's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: central florida
Posts: 655
Default Re: Yamahauler.....

With the coil over bracket,could you put a solid spacer between the mounting tabs,thread the inside of the spacer and mount the shock off the backside?Run the bolt through the shock and into the threaded spacer?Wouldn't have anything to poke out the side next to the caliper.Just a thought.
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 06:10 PM   #26
Totally Bonkers!
 
Rodger's Rides's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Not For Public Knowledge!!!
Posts: 1,736
Default Re: Yamahauler.....

OK I have just pulled yet another chair. Dang I have missed out on a lot here!

Road Trip to Seattle! Who's in?
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #27
Sometime's............
 
smallblock450sl's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tacoma Washington
Posts: 10,991
Default Re: Yamahauler.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger's Rides View Post
OK I have just pulled yet another chair. Dang I have missed out on a lot here!

Road Trip to Seattle! Who's in?
Your "butt" getting big, you need 2 chairs Too have you and Rifter say, wish I was closer so you could help, is just beyond words. So many members I would really like to meet, I'd just sit back and learn.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #28
Totally Bonkers!
 
Rodger's Rides's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Not For Public Knowledge!!!
Posts: 1,736
Default Re: Yamahauler.....

Be careful of what you wish for...you might just get it!
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2010, 12:21 AM   #29
Totally Wild
 
rifter's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orlando Florida
Posts: 3,854
Default Re: Yamahauler.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Thanks Rifter, ya that's what I was asking. Only 1/2 inch clearance of the tires is ok? That makes me feel better. I think with the 1/2", I'll only have to modify the inward bracket for the larger portion of the housing. Wish you were closer also, and with your help and experiance it would be fabbed in no time His "offer" is nice because of his knowledge and shop (he has all the equipment to fab, the problem is...I can't get him to commit to any dollar figure. He say's he wants to help build it, but, I'm not going to just throw money at him for things I want and maybe can do myself. Make sence? PS, really wanted to use these style brackets, but seem's the caliper will interfer with the coil over shock mounting. Could I install them on the top side of the housing, with the coil over mount holes on top? Thanks Dave
The bracket in the picture? I'm not sure what kind of bracket that is. The 4 link bars mount on the housing so the bars are top and bottom about center, the shock mounts mount on the back of the housing, you can mount them anywhere as far as the top shock mount has a place to be mounted that gives the shock travel. I've never seen that mount before. If you can post a pic with the mount sitting on the housing where you would like to have it maybe I'll understand better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000785.JPG (171.8 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg P1000598.JPG (174.6 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg P1000597.JPG (174.7 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg P1000786.JPG (174.7 KB, 87 views)
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #30
Vegas modded 420
 
sho305's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West MI
Posts: 14,377
Default Re: Yamahauler.....

I would not feel bad about widening the body a little, or flaring the fenders/etc, but not sure what look you are going for. Just assuming at speed you might not want it too narrow, or maybe it does not matter.

Very nice project, that is top notch.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.