lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint


Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-02-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,322
Default Primer or just adhesion promoter

So I am going to paint my 92 CC DS with truck bedliner. I'm wondering if I really need to use primer or if the adhesion promoter by itself would be fine?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Primer or just adhesion promoter

No responses, but I see quite a few people viewed, so here is what I did.

I ended up just using the adhesion promoter and then spraying the bed liner. Bit of juggling involved since the adhesion promoter is supposed to be top coated within 10 minutes. I did it in small sections, then threw on a second coat before the bed liner fully cured, to make sure there were no "streaks" or anything.


So far it looks to have worked well. Time will tell for the long haul....
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
Getting Wild
 
bwc_oh33's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 75
Default Re: Primer or just adhesion promoter

Id love to see some pics! Toying with the idea of spraying my DS


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwc_oh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2018, 09:25 AM   #4
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Primer or just adhesion promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwc_oh33 View Post
Id love to see some pics! Toying with the idea of spraying my DS


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is my build thread I have going.
92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

Post #29 has pictures and description of the process. I'm happy with how it turned out. I have not finished the build, so I can not speak to it's real world durability yet. However, it has stood up to tools and such being placed on it.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2018, 11:05 AM   #5
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: venice
Posts: 1,197
Default Re: Primer or just adhesion promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
No responses, but I see quite a few people viewed, so here is what I did.

I ended up just using the adhesion promoter and then spraying the bed liner. Bit of juggling involved since the adhesion promoter is supposed to be top coated within 10 minutes. I did it in small sections, then threw on a second coat before the bed liner fully cured, to make sure there were no "streaks" or anything.


So far it looks to have worked well. Time will tell for the long haul....
This is what I did to both of my G1's. The 80 body being all fiberglass and the 84 having the plastic front clip. Over a year in on the 84 and it still looks good. Knock on wood I think if anything my paint choice would be the issue.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2018, 06:00 AM   #6
Getting Wild
 
bwc_oh33's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 75
Default Re: Primer or just adhesion promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Here is my build thread I have going.

92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread



Post #29 has pictures and description of the process. I'm happy with how it turned out. I have not finished the build, so I can not speak to it's real world durability yet. However, it has stood up to tools and such being placed on it.


Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwc_oh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2019, 07:20 AM   #7
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Primer or just adhesion promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
This is what I did to both of my G1's. The 80 body being all fiberglass and the 84 having the plastic front clip. Over a year in on the 84 and it still looks good. Knock on wood I think if anything my paint choice would be the issue.

What was your paint choice? Looking around for real world durability of the Raptor bed liner, can't seem to find much. Find plenty on applying it, but not much in the way of how it stands up to use as a paint...
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #8
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: venice
Posts: 1,197
Default Re: Primer or just adhesion promoter

I used Krylon colormaster. I couldn't find the Krylon Fusion anywhere at the time. Now it seems to b everywhere. The spray tip on the colormaster sucks canal water. The fusion however sprays very nicely.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2019, 11:17 AM   #9
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Primer or just adhesion promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
The spray tip on the colormaster sucks canal water.
Well that's an expression I've never heard before!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #10
lost in the woods
 
CP241's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: GA
Posts: 2,905
Default Re: Primer or just adhesion promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
What was your paint choice? Looking around for real world durability of the Raptor bed liner, can't seem to find much. Find plenty on applying it, but not much in the way of how it stands up to use as a paint...
This may help someone with choices :)

CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
ABS-Adhesion Promoter & Primer? Or Promoter then Paint? Body and Paint
Body appears to have factory paint is primer/adhesion promoter needed? Body and Paint
where to buy adhesion promoter Gas Harley Davidson
Adhesion Promoter or primer sealer? Body and Paint
Adhesion promoter Body and Paint


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.