lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps


Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-14-2019, 01:54 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 16
Question Adding v-groove pulley

so i have seen guys running alternators on their clone swaps but how are you getting the extra v-belt pulley on the clutch? know the original one had one with it but mine is shot and have picked up a clutch kit already. is there a way to add one or will have to order an original? huge difference in price.
Mansonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-14-2019, 05:44 AM   #2
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD
 
raydhd's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ray BY The Bay NJ
Posts: 5,338
Default Re: Adding v-groove pulley

Vegascarts has a billet unit. I don't know if they still sell the original cast unit which was pretty cheap.P.S. I see they sell them on E bay for $17.50 with free shipping.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2019, 07:34 AM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 14
Default Re: Adding v-groove pulley

Vegascarts have a good one now that will work just have to make a mount for your alternator

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
richy717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2019, 10:41 AM   #4
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 16
Default Re: Adding v-groove pulley

Found it, thank you. That makes it alot easier.
Mansonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2019, 07:42 AM   #5
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 87
Default Re: Adding v-groove pulley

I bought one with a clamp on collar and keyway. I cut the collar off, put the pulley on, slid the original key in, put the clutch on and tightened the clutch bolt down. The pulley is wedged in tight and doesnt move at all. Has worked great for a year now. Cost me 14.00 for the pulley

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
mdbuggynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2019, 09:48 AM   #6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 385
Default Re: Adding v-groove pulley

If I understand correctly, you reduced the collar width to reduce the space it would take up on the shaft? That'w what I did on mine. My pulley was purchased from a store here in Ontario that's like Harbor Freight in the US. It was $15. I ended up with the clutch about 3/4" further out on the shaft so I had to move the engine over so the clutch belt lined up again. My 'cradle' is just a 1/2" thick aluminium plate. Not adjustable but works pretty well.




Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbuggynut View Post
I bought one with a clamp on collar and keyway. I cut the collar off, put the pulley on, slid the original key in, put the clutch on and tightened the clutch bolt down. The pulley is wedged in tight and doesnt move at all. Has worked great for a year now. Cost me 14.00 for the pulley

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2019, 12:59 PM   #7
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 74
Default Re: Adding v-groove pulley

Here’s how this one is. Vegascarts pulley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E428020A-6566-4D6C-9219-A2212525C2A7.jpg (228.2 KB, 0 views)
gman3850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2019, 06:56 PM   #8
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 87
Default Re: Adding v-groove pulley

Here is my 15.00 ebay special on the Predator 420 I am buiding..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
mdbuggynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2019, 05:59 AM   #9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 385
Default Re: Adding v-groove pulley

Where do you plan on mounting your generator? I tried positioning mine up top where the original gas tank was on the clone but it was too high to clear the cart seat. I could have mounted it lower in that location by shortening up the adjustment arm (turnbuckle) but it was still gonna be too tall and the electrical connections on the gennie also interfered with the throttle. I'm going to try putting it down in front now. Concern there is how far ahead I can go before running out of room? I have the cart apart so I can't just eyeball it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbuggynut View Post
Here is my 15.00 ebay special on the Predator 420 I am buiding..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2019, 06:05 AM   #10
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 87
Default Re: Adding v-groove pulley

Quote:
Originally Posted by army View Post
Where do you plan on mounting your generator? I tried positioning mine up top where the original gas tank was on the clone but it was too high to clear the cart seat. I could have mounted it lower in that location by shortening up the adjustment arm (turnbuckle) but it was still gonna be too tall and the electrical connections on the gennie also interfered with the throttle. I'm going to try putting it down in front now. Concern there is how far ahead I can go before running out of room? I have the cart apart so I can't just eyeball it.

I have mine mounted up above the transaxle. I have to modify the bracket since the hemi head interferes with the bracket now ( it was mounted for an old Briggs opposed 1

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
mdbuggynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alternator
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Adding generator pulley beside drive clutch Big Block Talk!
S/Gen pulley and drive pulley alignment issues Gas Harley Davidson
Clutch pulley contacts starter pulley/belt Gas Harley Davidson
MCOR/Throttle linkage issue slowing my groove Electric Club Car
Spring on Primary Clutch wearing groove in Belt Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.