lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Gone Wild Still Learnin
 
Honorstick's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 841
Default It Ain't Pretty but It Works

Hey folks check out what I built. It ain't the prettiest thing around but it really great for lifting the cart up to a comfortable height.

I built it out of 1 1/4" square tubing that I happen to have layin' around from an old barter session. The only thing I had to buy was a few fasteners and the A-frame trailer jack. All said and done it cost me less than $30 bucks to build and now I don't have to spend time jacking up this end, place on stands, jack up that end place it stands and still crawling around on the floor to work on the cart, just crank her up Place some supports (still need to make these) and go to work at an easily adjustable height.

It's base off from a snowmobile lift only slightly wider to balance the cart at it's balance point.

Hope you guys like it, feel free to copy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hoist1.jpg (122.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Hoist2.jpg (171.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Hoist3.jpg (164.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Hoist4.jpg (163.7 KB, 0 views)
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Never really finished
 
1moretoy's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,101
Default Re: It Ain't Pretty but It Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorstick View Post
Hey folks check out what I built. It ain't the prettiest thing around but it really great for lifting the cart up to a comfortable height.

I built it out of 1 1/4" square tubing that I happen to have layin' around from an old barter session. The only thing I had to buy was a few fasteners and the A-frame trailer jack. All said and done it cost me less than $30 bucks to build and now I don't have to spend time jacking up this end, place on stands, jack up that end place it stands and still crawling around on the floor to work on the cart, just crank her up Place some supports (still need to make these) and go to work at an easily adjustable height.

It's base off from a snowmobile lift only slightly wider to balance the cart at it's balance point.

Hope you guys like it, feel free to copy.
That's cool honorstick...I could have used one for my last cart. Don't really need one for my current one though
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Moderator
 
rib33024's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Lauderdale FL.
Posts: 13,553
Default Re: It Ain't Pretty but It Works

Thats a cool lift, got any pics of how it is crossed braced, hard to see the cross brace's in the pics you posted, if there is any, ?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
Gone Wild Still Learnin
 
Honorstick's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 841
Default Re: It Ain't Pretty but It Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Thats a cool lift, got any pics of how it is crossed braced, hard to see the cross brace's in the pics you posted, if there is any, ?
There's only 1 that goes across the end where the jack is and butts up against the frame of the cart.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
Gone Wild Still Learnin
 
Honorstick's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 841
Default Re: It Ain't Pretty but It Works

Just thought I'd post a link to the basic layout I used for building the cart lift.
http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobi...t/SledLift.htm
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
Getting Wild
 
onlyonmonday's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: East Of Tomah,Wisconsin
Posts: 119
Default Re: It Ain't Pretty but It Works

I have a suggestion.

Turn the tunes OFF when you take the pictures.


OH by the way.
The link does NOT work for me.
onlyonmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
Astronautilator
 
Gonkulor's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 1,494
Default Re: It Ain't Pretty but It Works

Cool beans Honorstick. BTW the link doesn't work more me either. I would really like to build one of these too. My only concern is how it locks or if it goes over center.

nice way to use your nawgin
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
Astronautilator
 
Gonkulor's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 1,494
Default Re: It Ain't Pretty but It Works

ahhh, this explains a lot. http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobi...t/SledLift.htm
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Gone Wild Still Learnin
 
Honorstick's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 841
Default Re: It Ain't Pretty but It Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyonmonday View Post
I have a suggestion.

Turn the tunes OFF when you take the pictures.


OH by the way.
The link does NOT work for me.
It was a long day, sorry for the shaky pics.

Not sure why the link didn't work but try the one gonk posted, it seems to work.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cart lift, work lift, work table
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
To pretty to get dirty Electric EZGO
I'm pretty sure it's a 2000. But is it a PDS or not? Electric EZGO
Pretty cool. Videos


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.