lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
Getting Wild
 
Lovnlivin's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 92
Default '97 CC DS project for my folks

Hi all,

I just bought this '97 CC DS for my folks who are both in their mid 70's to drive around in their subdivision of 1-3 acre lots. I gave it to them about a month ago but told them I'd be taking it back when the weather turns cold so I can doctor it up into a "Husker Hopper" as we're all big Cornhusker football fans.

Well, the weather turned so I brought it home yesterday!

This is totally new for me so I'll have a lot of questions as I move along but here's my plans so far:
48v/12v reducer
Blue Sea fuse block
12v Dash socket
Headlight/tail light kit
HD Rear leaf-spring kit
I opted against a lift kit so it stays lower to the ground, thinking it would be easier for the folks, grandkids and great grandkids to climb on the rear seat step.
Horn that plays the Husker fight song (very cool!), as well as Auld Lang Syne, Happy Birthday, Jingle Bells and the Star Spangled Banner
Rear seat kit
Medusa Red 10" wheels with 205/50-10 low profile 4 ply golf cart tires (I'll be asking more about this later)
Re-upholster the seats
Custom paint, likely with a candy apple Husker-red with a few flames or maybe ghost flames if I can figure that out.

This is before tear-down. A perfectly good and running golf cart


After tear-down, getting ready for a good pressure washing!


Banged up rockers


Once I got this thing torn down I realized how beat up it was and now wondering if I should just put a paint job on it, make a few bucks and find one in better shape. Still a dilemma at this point but I'm really concerned about the beat up rockers and if they make add-on rockers that would cover those up.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling and add more questions and photos as I go on.
Lovnlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 11-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
TAT
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 194
Default Re: '97 CC DS project for my folks

Welcome to the addiction. I do believe they make covers for the rockers.
TAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2014, 03:11 PM   #3
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
Default Re: '97 CC DS project for my folks

HERE is a set from site sponsor Golf Cart King
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
Default Re: '97 CC DS project for my folks

I personally wouldn't sell it. It is a great platform to build on. I loved my 99 Series and love my 95 Series. I think they may be better than the IQ carts
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #5
Getting Wild
 
Lovnlivin's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 92
Default Re: '97 CC DS project for my folks

Thanks for your replies, and CCF, thanks for the link on the rocker panels!

Years ago I owned the golf cart pictured, to use at campgrounds until I found out they're illegal at campgrounds here in Nebraska. I don't know the specs on it but I hooked up to and launched my dad's 22' pontoon with it. Never slid while backing it down the ramp and it pulled the trailer out and up the ramp without ever spinning a tire! It was electric but I don't know how many volts. I just know it was an '89 Club Car with a ton of torque! I sure wished I still had that one!



So I've decided to keep the one I have now and this weekend got the pressure washer out to give it a good bath. Then got the voltage reducer, fuse block and horn installed but not yet wired. I've also decided to replace the stock 6g battery cables with 4g cables.

The arctic front/polar vortex showing up this week won't help with progress but it also won't slow me down! I'm too stoked to get going on this project!

More later,

Keith

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 11-10-2014 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: spelling
Lovnlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
Photoshop Guy
 
Springbok's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canal Fulton, OH
Posts: 2,911
Default Re: '97 CC DS project for my folks

Illegal at campgrounds? By state law? All campgrounds? All carts or just gas carts? More details please.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #7
Getting Wild
 
Lovnlivin's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 92
Default Re: '97 CC DS project for my folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Illegal at campgrounds? By state law? All campgrounds? All carts or just gas carts? More details please.
Actually Kansas AND Nebraska!

All motorized vehicles must be registered for use on public roadways to be allowed in/on public roads, which includes public campgrounds.

At 3 different campgrounds it was less than one hour that it took the park ranger to happily show me the rule book. And this rule (technically) also includes motorized skateboards, scooters, etc., and my other toy shown below, which was one of my favorites But the park rangers had a field-day with me

This bar stool racer would top out at 42 mph


LOL, I think I just hi-jacked my own thread!
Lovnlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
Default Re: '97 CC DS project for my folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovnlivin View Post
Thanks for your replies, and CCF, thanks for the link on the rocker panels!

Years ago I owned the golf cart pictured, to use at campgrounds until I found out they're illegal at campgrounds here in Nebraska. I don't know the specs on it but I hooked up to and launched my dad's 22' pontoon with it. Never slid while backing it down the ramp and it pulled the trailer out and up the ramp without ever spinning a tire! It was electric but I don't know how many volts. I just know it was an '89 Club Car with a ton of torque! I sure wished I still had that one!



So I've decided to keep the one I have now and this weekend got the pressure washer out to give it a good bath. Then got the voltage reducer, fuse block and horn installed but not yet wired. I've also decided to replace the stock 6g battery cables with 4g cables.

The arctic front/polar vortex showing up this week won't help with progress but it also won't slow me down! I'm too stoked to get going on this project!

More later,

Keith

FWIW: That is a 36v DS. I have a 90 (36v) with the same setup as yours and it has tons of torque. I am able to spin the tires on the lawn
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2014, 05:38 AM   #9
Photoshop Guy
 
Springbok's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Canal Fulton, OH
Posts: 2,911
Default Re: '97 CC DS project for my folks

I can't find any info that says golf cart use in Nebraska campgrounds is largely illegal. Now if you're referring to public parks...as in government-run state parks, that I could more easily digest. But our family owns a campground here in Ohio and it is private. It's not open to the public, you must pay a fee to get in and must further pay for at least an overnight campsite in order to bring in a golf cart.

I found this website for a campground in Nebraska, and all they say is that golf cart drivers must be 16 and have a driving permit. That's it. Which is basically the same thing our policy states. Their policy reads:

"No ATV or motor bikes are permitted. Golf carts are permitted. Must be 16 years of age to drive a golf cart with a valid drivers permit."

http://www.riversidervcamp.com/index.php?pr=Policies

Most campgrounds obviously cater to out-of-state guests, so I would think that if golf carts were largely illegal, this campground would have said something about it on their website, warning potential out-of-state guests that their golf carts must remain on the trailer during their stay (?)

Sorry for the hijack...
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2014, 12:25 PM   #10
Getting Wild
 
Lovnlivin's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 92
Default Re: '97 CC DS project for my folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
I can't find any info that says golf cart use in Nebraska campgrounds is largely illegal. Now if you're referring to public parks...as in government-run state parks, that I could more easily digest. But our family owns a campground here in Ohio and it is private. It's not open to the public, you must pay a fee to get in and must further pay for at least an overnight campsite in order to bring in a golf cart.

I found this website for a campground in Nebraska, and all they say is that golf cart drivers must be 16 and have a driving permit. That's it. Which is basically the same thing our policy states. Their policy reads:

"No ATV or motor bikes are permitted. Golf carts are permitted. Must be 16 years of age to drive a golf cart with a valid drivers permit."

http://www.riversidervcamp.com/index.php?pr=Policies

Most campgrounds obviously cater to out-of-state guests, so I would think that if golf carts were largely illegal, this campground would have said something about it on their website, warning potential out-of-state guests that their golf carts must remain on the trailer during their stay (?)

Sorry for the hijack...
No worries on the hijack Sprinbok, I'm the one that started it

The link you sent was for a private campground. The link below is from the Nebraska Game and Parks. What I was referring to regarding "campgrounds" would be our State Parks which is what we mainly have here, at least in the SE Nebraska area.
http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/Parks/...egulations.asp

(From the above link)
IT'S UNLAWFUL TOÖ.
Vehicle Operation
Exceed the posted speed limit.
Operate a vehicle anywhere other than designated roads, trails, parking areas or campgrounds.
Park other than in designated locations
Operate any unlicensed motor vehicle, including minibikes and three, and four-wheeled ATVís, golf carts and motorized scooters.
Allow person(s) to ride on any exterior portion of a vehicle not designed for use by passengers.
Lovnlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.