lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #11
Gone Wild
 
bsa_bob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: mich
Posts: 592
Default Re: marinco plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Nice plug

Three more holes besides the body hole. I can make wiring ,look like its factory, so cuttiing it doesn't bother me. Also easier to plug in, than the "dangling cord inside in the dark and looking for it everytime jmo thanks all bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 01-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #12
Moderator
 
rib33024's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Lauderdale FL.
Posts: 13,151
Default Re: marinco plugin

I think your looking at the plug wrong, both plugs are the same, only the one with the "dangling cord" is where you would plug in your onboard charger and you would not have to cut the cord on the charger to wire it to the plug. Hope this helps



Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
Three more holes besides the body hole. I can make wiring ,look like its factory, so cuttiing it doesn't bother me. Also easier to plug in, than the "dangling cord inside in the dark and looking for it everytime jmo thanks all bob s
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #13
Gone Wild
 
bsa_bob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: mich
Posts: 592
Default Re: marinco plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
I think your looking at the plug wrong, both plugs are the same, only the one with the "dangling cord" is where you would plug in your onboard charger and you would not have to cut the cord on the charger to wire it to the plug. Hope this helps

if i have an extension cord hanging on my wall ,as i see it i can bull into my garage reach over grab the female ended cord and plug it in to the female marinco plug ..on top ..without opening the seat each time aaayy? bob s thank s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #14
Moderator
 
rib33024's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Lauderdale FL.
Posts: 13,151
Default Re: marinco plugin

That is the way both of the plug work, the one with the cord on the back of it and the plug with out a cord, not sure what you mean about lifting the seat,



Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
if i have an extension cord hanging on my wall ,as i see it i can bull into my garage reach over grab the female ended cord and plug it in to the female marinco plug ..on top ..without opening the seat each time aaayy? bob s thank s
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2015, 06:04 PM   #15
Gone Wild
 
bsa_bob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: mich
Posts: 592
Default Re: marinco plugin

Iwill bore a hole in the f/glass ,right at the corner of the seat ,in this case right side,place this maranco.Then i won't be lifting the seat to plug in all the time. The chargers wires Will be hanging down from the charger Already plugged into wall with a female end ,ready to flip the little cap and plug her in. bo s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #16
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Okatie, SC
Posts: 309
Default Re: marinco plugin

I used one of these, spliced it to the Granite cable. Mounted unit on the wall.
http://www.solarcapitalist.com/image...MountBlack.jpg
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2015, 07:04 PM   #17
Cave Dweller
 
Swan's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Always On The Move
Posts: 6,702
Default Re: marinco plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
Iwill bore a hole in the f/glass ,right at the corner of the seat ,in this case right side,place this maranco.Then i won't be lifting the seat to plug in all the time. The chargers wires Will be hanging down from the charger Already plugged into wall with a female end ,ready to flip the little cap and plug her in. bo s
that will work fine
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2015, 07:28 PM   #18
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 391
Default Re: marinco plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
Iwill bore a hole in the f/glass ,right at the corner of the seat ,in this case right side,place this maranco.Then i won't be lifting the seat to plug in all the time. The chargers wires Will be hanging down from the charger Already plugged into wall with a female end ,ready to flip the little cap and plug her in. bo s

Not sure if I fully understand whats going on here but is sounds like the plug won't be for a 120v application. If so that seems very dangerous. What if someone plugs a regular extension cord into that "Marinco" plug and then plugs it into the 120v wall outlet?
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2015, 07:31 PM   #19
Moderator
 
rib33024's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Lauderdale FL.
Posts: 13,151
Default Re: marinco plugin

I think i see what your trying to do now. i thought you were putting an on board charger on the cart, and using the maranco.to run the on board charger





Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
Iwill bore a hole in the f/glass ,right at the corner of the seat ,in this case right side,place this maranco.Then i won't be lifting the seat to plug in all the time. The chargers wires Will be hanging down from the charger Already plugged into wall with a female end ,ready to flip the little cap and plug her in. bo s
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2015, 01:07 AM   #20
Gone Wild
 
Gwagon's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 224
Default Re: marinco plugin

I think Marinco rocks! I just purchased these today for my 12v acc. batt. Didnt know they made the 48v charger, definately, gonna look into it next.


thanks


Gwagon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3560.jpg (59.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3561.jpg (115.8 KB, 0 views)
Gwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
National Plugin Day Announcements


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.