lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #1
Gone Wild
 
thetoddjohnson's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 507
Default DS wheelbase extension confusion

Does anybody know if the wheelbase extension kit from Jake’s will work on a ’94 DS without using the “conversion kit” that is needed for older carts?

On Jake’s website it indicates that 1992 and older need the conversion:

http://www.jakesliftkits.com/product.asp?sku=7260

On Nivel’s website it indicates that 1996 and older need the conversion:

http://www.nivelparts.com/pages/product.aspx?sku=7260

Clearly one of the websites has a typo. Does anyone know when Club Car made a change to the a-arm setup?

Thanks,

TJ
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
thetoddjohnson's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 507
Default Re: DS wheelbase extension confusion

Don't be shy guys. Some of you know orders of magnitude more about carts than I'll ever know. Please?
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #3
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
Default Re: DS wheelbase extension confusion

I do know that the DSs saw a front end change in 1993. If the kit is for 1993+ and your cart is a 94, it should work. After the change in 1993, the front end stayed the same until the death of the DS in 2012-13
CCFanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #4
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
93yellowclubcar's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 4,094
Default Re: DS wheelbase extension confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
I do know that the DSs saw a front end change in 1993. If the kit is for 1993+ and your cart is a 94, it should work. After the change in 1993, the front end stayed the same until the death of the DS in 2012-13
Except the hubs.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2015, 09:33 PM   #5
Gone Wild
 
thetoddjohnson's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 507
Default Re: DS wheelbase extension confusion

I knew I could count on you guys.

Thanks,

TJ
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2015, 09:37 PM   #6
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
Default Re: DS wheelbase extension confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Except the hubs.
Correct, the hub change was mid 03, but that doesn't affect you here, TJ
CCFanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2015, 09:38 PM   #7
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,866
Default Re: DS wheelbase extension confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Except the hubs.
Yep which I believe changed in 04...
Ok I was close
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2015, 09:40 PM   #8
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
93yellowclubcar's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 4,094
Default Re: DS wheelbase extension confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Correct, the hub change was mid 03, but that doesn't affect you here, TJ
Yep, if you're just going forward and not up, the stock hubs are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Yep which I believe changed in 04...
Ok I was close
Happens to me all the time Jake.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2015, 02:39 PM   #9
Gone Wild
 
thetoddjohnson's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 507
Default Re: DS wheelbase extension confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Yep, if you're just going forward and not up, the stock hubs are fine.



Happens to me all the time Jake.
I'm actually going forward and down. Hahahaha. When I got the cart it had on what I'm calling a "Cletus & Bubba Special Lift Kit". It looks homemade. The cart rides like crap, it rubs in turns, and since I only use it on paved roads I don't need it lifted so high.

I purchased the wheelbase extension kit to be able to put tall tires on an unlifted cart. I'm hoping to use the donut spares out of 1980's era Honda Civics.

I know that the a-arms changed in 93. In this thread it has been pointed out that hubs also changed that year. Did the spindles change as well? I've searched all over BGW and the Interweb-at-large and I can't find any details regarding what actually change to the DS's front end in 1993. Does anybody know where I can get those details?

Thanks,

TJ
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #10
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
Default Re: DS wheelbase extension confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoddjohnson View Post
I'm actually going forward and down. Hahahaha. When I got the cart it had on what I'm calling a "Cletus & Bubba Special Lift Kit". It looks homemade. The cart rides like crap, it rubs in turns, and since I only use it on paved roads I don't need it lifted so high.

I purchased the wheelbase extension kit to be able to put tall tires on an unlifted cart. I'm hoping to use the donut spares out of 1980's era Honda Civics.

I know that the a-arms changed in 93. In this thread it has been pointed out that hubs also changed that year. Did the spindles change as well? I've searched all over BGW and the Interweb-at-large and I can't find any details regarding what actually change to the DS's front end in 1993. Does anybody know where I can get those details?

Thanks,

TJ
The only things that changed in 93 were the A-Arms, and I think the Delta tower. The hubs, and the spindles did not change until mid 2003
CCFanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Jakes Wheelbase Extension to fix rubbing Lifted Golf Carts
Jakes Wheelbase Extension Kit Gas Club Car
Jakes wheelbase extension kit Gas Club Car
JAKE'S Club Car "DS" wheelbase extension kit Golf Carts and Parts
wheelbase Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.