lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-14-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Aj92592's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 58
Default More speed

Hi all I have a2007 48v regen club car. I'm looking to get more speed out of it. What are some steps I can do to speed her up?
Thanks
Aj92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #2
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houma, Louisiana
Posts: 483
Default Re: More speed

I feel the best bang for the buck is the Plum Quick Bandit motor upgrade. Got me from 14.5MPH to 21MPH with nothing else done to the cart at all. Just put the motor in and took off. Maybe others will have different opinions, but I would definitely do it again.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2015, 09:51 PM   #3
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,981
Default Re: More speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj92592 View Post
Hi all I have a2007 48v regen club car. I'm looking to get more speed out of it. What are some steps I can do to speed her up?
Thanks
What's the serial number for your car? The Regen2 system was discontinued in 2001. A 2007 should be an IQ. Just trying to clear up any confusion before I start making recommendations.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2015, 05:32 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tomball, TX
Posts: 24
Default Re: More speed

While on speed subject, my 2010 Excel (SN=PH1036) what can I do to get more speed? Does Bandit make a motor I can swap out for ADW that I have?
clkelley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2015, 05:53 PM   #5
Gone Wild
 
mymonstertruck's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 508
Default Re: More speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley78 View Post
While on speed subject, my 2010 Excel (SN=PH1036) what can I do to get more speed? Does Bandit make a motor I can swap out for ADW that I have?
You only have a few options.

1.get a plum quick bandit for $225 which is what I highly suggest.
2. Get an IQ wire harness and replace the excel harness. This will alow you to change the controller out for a controller of your choice basically more options.
3 contact FSIP and buy either the curtis controller or the GE controller for roughly $500-600 bucks.
4. Just have a code 4 programed into your stock controller for around $130.00 and you will get speeds around 19.6mph.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #6
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,981
Default Re: More speed

I agree with mymonstertruck. All of those are good options.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 06:01 AM   #7
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: More speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymonstertruck View Post
You only have a few options.

1.get a plum quick bandit for $225 which is what I highly suggest.
2. Get an IQ wire harness and replace the excel harness. This will alow you to change the controller out for a controller of your choice basically more options.
3 contact FSIP and buy either the curtis controller or the GE controller for roughly $500-600 bucks.
4. Just have a code 4 programed into your stock controller for around $130.00 and you will get speeds around 19.6mph.
I went with option # 3 here as well as a PQE motor that I bought from mymonstertruck to which I found the install of the 500 amp Curtis controller fairly straight forward and it gives me great speed as well as pretty darn good hill climbing strength. I live is a very hilly hood and there were roads I could not climb befor installing the controller; I also see speed of 30 to 33 without issue to which for a brief moment going down hill full speed with the wind to my back I swear I saw 40 on the GPS....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 09:18 AM   #8
Gone Wild
 
mymonstertruck's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 508
Default Re: More speed

If your on a budget I would install a plum quick Bandit. If you choose option 3 be prepared to spend $$$ and lots of labor installing. You will gain torque and speed with the bandit. The code 4 will only give you speed and not much at that.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 11:50 AM   #9
Getting Wild
 
txpres's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Hills, TX
Posts: 144
Default Re: More speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
I went with option # 3 here as well as a PQE motor that I bought from mymonstertruck to which I found the install of the 500 amp Curtis controller fairly straight forward and it gives me great speed as well as pretty darn good hill climbing strength. I live is a very hilly hood and there were roads I could not climb befor installing the controller; I also see speed of 30 to 33 without issue to which for a brief moment going down hill full speed with the wind to my back I swear I saw 40 on the GPS....
Are you seeing these speeds with stock gearing? Or do you have the 8:1 gears?
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #10
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,981
Default Re: More speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpres View Post
Are you seeing these speeds with stock gearing? Or do you have the 8:1 gears?
Stock gearing. I had the same setup and the same results on my personal cart.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
MCOR? Speed Sensor? Controller? Cart Runs at half speed. Advice, please. Electric Club Car
08 precedent electric speed sensor problem. Cart starts at proper speed then slows . Electric Club Car
Golf cart slowly losses speed and come to stop but in 5 mins back to full speed?? Electric Club Car
1204 controller, half-speed forward full speed reverse Electric EZGO
1985 G1 Runs fine low speed , high speed run for a mile then fall on its face Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.