lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-15-2015, 09:12 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 8
Default Intermittent throttle problem

2005 Club Car IQ, 48 volt regen. Ser # AQ0544-565199 (just to be sure I've got the make and model right). Cart sat dormant for about 3 years, replaced the batteries 3 weeks ago and have been using the cart most every day, a couple of miles a day to break the batteries in. Was out and about today and once in awhile it would fail to go. I would hear a click as I usually do and the cart would bump ahead, not really roll. It would do the same in reverse. After trying the throttle in both directions a few times it would travel as it usually does. When it fails to go I will hear a click and then a lighter click (lower volume). When it works normally the speed is as good as it ever is, although I have noticed occasionally it seems to stutter lightly as I'm travelling down the road. I did a search but not real sure about the different models. This is my mom's cart but I have inherited the maintenance and upkeep.Thanks for any assistance.
oldcaptainrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #2
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
Default Re: Intermittent throttle problem

Sounds like the MCOR may be failing. Unplug the two-pin connector at the MCOR and jump the two pins with a paper clip. If all works fine after that, the MCOR is your problem
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2015, 09:43 PM   #3
Old Sky Soldier
 
mrgolf's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,975
Default Re: Intermittent throttle problem

Could also be a problem with the throttle part of the mocr. Try key off press go pedal 20 times to floor or more and see if that helps, this would mean the mocr has film build up. You may be able to wear it off.
mrgolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2015, 10:00 PM   #4
Gone Wild
 
jjance's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chattanooga TN
Posts: 2,105
Default Re: Intermittent throttle problem

I've noticed on my cart when I have my solenoid disconnected for testing it will bump in F&R. Like the caps in the controller are discharging through the precharge resistor causing it to move. It could be your solenoid dropping out. (that second click)
Just my thoughts hope this might help.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2015, 07:03 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 8
Default Re: Intermittent throttle problem

OK guys I got a chance to piddle with this thing this afternoon. I used it all day and the problem would come and go; I could pat the pedal 15 or 20 times and it would work for awhile. I was able to put the paper clip on the mcor connector this afternoon and that seemed to correct the problem. I ran it for a couple of miles at various speeds and changed directions frequently and it seemed to work as it should. No hesitations and no stuttering at cruising speed. I assume the mcor is going out. Any suggestions on where to buy it and which one to buy. Thanks for your time and efforts. I appreciate it; this is my 1st golf cart that I have to maintain. As I stated in my op it is my mom's and probably won't be used that much.
oldcaptainrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2015, 08:54 AM   #6
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,961
Default Re: Intermittent throttle problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcaptainrusty View Post
OK guys I got a chance to piddle with this thing this afternoon. I used it all day and the problem would come and go; I could pat the pedal 15 or 20 times and it would work for awhile. I was able to put the paper clip on the mcor connector this afternoon and that seemed to correct the problem. I ran it for a couple of miles at various speeds and changed directions frequently and it seemed to work as it should. No hesitations and no stuttering at cruising speed. I assume the mcor is going out. Any suggestions on where to buy it and which one to buy. Thanks for your time and efforts. I appreciate it; this is my 1st golf cart that I have to maintain. As I stated in my op it is my mom's and probably won't be used that much.
We offer them, as do several other quality site sponsors. The item you'll need is part number AM293101 DS MCOR to MCOR4 conversion kit. This is because they no longer make the MCOR that is on your vehicle now. You'll have to convert to MCOR4. The conversion kit contains everything you need and it's easy to install.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #7
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 8
Default Re: Intermittent throttle problem

Thanks TahoeDawg. Just completed the order on your website, I'm a firm believer in supporting our forum vendors. Thanks to all for your time.
oldcaptainrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2015, 03:29 PM   #8
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,961
Default Re: Intermittent throttle problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcaptainrusty View Post
Thanks TahoeDawg. Just completed the order on your website, I'm a firm believer in supporting our forum vendors. Thanks to all for your time.
Thank you sir!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2
Default Re: Intermittent throttle problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Sounds like the MCOR may be failing. Unplug the two-pin connector at the MCOR and jump the two pins with a paper clip. If all works fine after that, the MCOR is your problem
I jumpered the plug on my 2005 Clubcar since it was having intermittent problems also, and it is now working fine. I assume my issue is also the MCOR and it looks like a new one is a couple hundred bucks.
What will it hurt jump to leave the jumper?
rrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2015, 08:34 PM   #10
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,961
Default Re: Intermittent throttle problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrowe View Post
I jumpered the plug on my 2005 Clubcar since it was having intermittent problems also, and it is now working fine. I assume my issue is also the MCOR and it looks like a new one is a couple hundred bucks.
What will it hurt jump to leave the jumper?
If the throttle signal ever starts to fail and fluctuate within the MCOR the car can take off running by itself.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Intermittent F+R Problem Electric EZGO
86 intermittent problem Gas EZGO
Intermittent Problem Electric Club Car
Intermittent throttle control and new to this forum... Electric Club Car
throttle problem,new controller,throttle works backwards Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.