lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-17-2015, 06:25 AM   #1
Gone Wild
 
LarryLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 183
Default 2006 Club Car President

Guys I am picking up a nice 48 volt President and I need some advice. The cart will not be lifted but it will have Low Profile 12" tires and wheels with a rear seat. Which way should I be looking at for speed upgrades? The Program 5 upgrade or a Bandit motor? I am looking for speeds @25mph.
LarryLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:54 AM   #2
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Okatie, SC
Posts: 309
Default Re: 2006 Club Car President

Just did the code 5 programmer from SCS. Easy to do ,make sure connector under dash is clean. Had to clean mine. Used toothpick with alcohol. Will eventually get a PQ Bandit motor. They now have code 5's for the PQ Bandit.
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: 2006 Club Car President

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLive View Post
Guys I am picking up a nice 48 volt President and I need some advice. The cart will not be lifted but it will have Low Profile 12" tires and wheels with a rear seat. Which way should I be looking at for speed upgrades? The Program 5 upgrade or a Bandit motor? I am looking for speeds @25mph.
Ask for a "PH" Bandit motor, your speeds will be more then you hoped for.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2015, 04:22 PM   #4
Gone Wild
 
LarryLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 183
Default Re: 2006 Club Car President

Hecky what sort of speed were you able to get with just the Program 5? Also where did you get the programmer and what cost?
LarryLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2015, 04:24 PM   #5
Gone Wild
 
LarryLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 183
Default Re: 2006 Club Car President

Scuba you say the Program 5 and a PH Bandit are compatable? Also what does the PH stand for? I am certainly OK if it is a little quicker but I don't want to overload the system either.
LarryLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2015, 04:34 PM   #6
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: 2006 Club Car President

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLive View Post
Scuba you say the Program 5 and a PH Bandit are compatable? Also what does the PH stand for? I am certainly OK if it is a little quicker but I don't want to overload the system either.
I don't have Code 5 and don't need it.

A PH Bandit motor when used in a 2006 Precedent will get you well over your 25 mph wish. A regular Bandit motor will get you 24-25 MPH, again without any Code 5 or speed magnet changes.

Call PQ and when speaking with them mention you'd like a PH motor, like the one Scubabud purchased. $225 I believe is the price with core exchange, maybe a bit more.

My cart does over 30 MPH with 22" tires.

If you want 21-22 mph for just $30 and 5 minutes of your time purchase a Speed Magnet for your motor. I know TahoeDawgZ71 sells them and he's a vendor here on BGW.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 384
Default Re: 2006 Club Car President

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
I don't have Code 5 and don't need it.

A PH Bandit motor when used in a 2006 Precedent will get you well over your 25 mph wish. A regular Bandit motor will get you 24-25 MPH, again without any Code 5 or speed magnet changes.

Call PQ and when speaking with them mention you'd like a PH motor, like the one Scubabud purchased. $225 I believe is the price with core exchange, maybe a bit more.

My cart does over 30 MPH with 22" tires.

If you want 21-22 mph for just $30 and 5 minutes of your time purchase a Speed Magnet for your motor. I know TahoeDawgZ71 sells them and he's a vendor here on BGW.
Is the PH motor for an Excel PH cart
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2015, 07:29 PM   #8
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Okatie, SC
Posts: 309
Default Re: 2006 Club Car President

Larrylive.. paid 140 from SCS the maker of the Code 5 programmer.

Scudabud what is a PH Bandit?? What motor did you start with GE or ADC? Are you still able to run the stock controller and cables?? AT the Shelby Control Systems site they have listings for Code 5 for PQ Bandit.
Now if i get a PQ Bandit I can upgrade my programmer for $20 for the new file.
140+20+225=<400. Not bad, over 25 mph <400
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2015, 07:35 PM   #9
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Okatie, SC
Posts: 309
Default Re: 2006 Club Car President

Scudabud .. your extra speed must come from the taller tire you are using. The PH PQ has the extra torque to drive them. What is the terrain you drive on most of the time? Here in Sun City SC it is flat=flat and all roads are paved. Have to get a GPS to check my top speed.
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #10
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: 2006 Club Car President

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
Is the PH motor for an Excel PH cart
Actually YES
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
2006 club car president will not charge Electric Club Car
2006 Club car president shocks Gas Club Car
2006 President Elec (differential Locker) Electric Club Car
2006 President Elec (differential Locker) Lifted Golf Carts
Club Car President. Big Block Talk!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.