lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-23-2015, 08:55 PM   #31
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
93yellowclubcar's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 4,094
Default Re: Project Deception 1992 CC DS

Sweet! A late model 92, very likely one of the first of the 36 volt controller carts produced by CC. When they came out with 48 volt in 95 they still continued to make 36 volt carts until 03, but they reverted to the V-glide and coil setup! That's why your cart is semi-rare and IMO really cool.
93yellowclubcar is offline  
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #32
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !
Posts: 142
Default Re: Project Deception 1992 CC DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Sweet! A late model 92, very likely one of the first of the 36 volt controller carts produced by CC. When they came out with 48 volt in 95 they still continued to make 36 volt carts until 03, but they reverted to the V-glide and coil setup! That's why your cart is semi-rare and IMO really cool.
This cart project has turned special for me thanks to you.At first it was a pain in the arse and just a way of keeping my mind off my little girl while she's 5k miles away, but know i'm looking forward to every aspect of this resto.
Blitzkrieg is offline  
Unread 05-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #33
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 341
Default Re: Project Deception 1992 CC DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Polished Aluminum
When I get around to buying wheels, if I don't want to worry about rusting, is polished aluminum the way to go or are there other options as well?
klanel is offline  
Unread 05-25-2015, 11:16 AM   #34
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 341
Default Re: Project Deception 1992 CC DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Jumped to the back as i knew the rear leaf spring bolts were going to give me hell and they did. Tried heat and PB Blaster and then said fock it, gimme my cut off wheels On with the pics.
Mine were stuck as well. Tried PB Blaster and ended up beating them out part way with a hammer, then the rest of the way with another bolt. Will get some new bolts.
klanel is offline  
Unread 05-25-2015, 11:53 AM   #35
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mi
Posts: 368
Default Re: Project Deception 1992 CC DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by klanel View Post
When I get around to buying wheels, if I don't want to worry about rusting, is polished aluminum the way to go or are there other options as well?
I always lean toward polished aluminum as you can always bring the finish back easily. Anything painted or chrome you can not easily fix it. I had a set of polished slot mags from the late 60's and a few hours with a polishing ball and they looked new. Just make sure they don't have a clear coat on them.
alwhite00 is offline  
Unread 05-25-2015, 12:27 PM   #36
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !
Posts: 142
Default Re: Project Deception 1992 CC DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
I always lean toward polished aluminum as you can always bring the finish back easily. Anything painted or chrome you can not easily fix it. I had a set of polished slot mags from the late 60's and a few hours with a polishing ball and they looked new. Just make sure they don't have a clear coat on them.
Clear coat, oh good point that sh!t always yellows and flakes off. I forgot about that, thanks dude. Do the godfather wheels come without clear coat. Those are the wheels you have correct?
Blitzkrieg is offline  
Unread 05-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #37
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mi
Posts: 368
Default Re: Project Deception 1992 CC DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Clear coat, oh good point that sh!t always yellows and flakes off. I forgot about that, thanks dude. Do the godfather wheels come without clear coat. Those are the wheels you have correct?
no clear coat on them. I took a polishing cloth and aluminum polish to them when I got them and it turned black. (no clear coat)
alwhite00 is offline  
Unread 05-25-2015, 03:45 PM   #38
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !
Posts: 142
Default Re: Project Deception 1992 CC DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
no clear coat on them. I took a polishing cloth and aluminum polish to them when I got them and it turned black. (no clear coat)
Good deal , i'll make it a point to ask them wed. when i order the tires and wheels. Our carts will be twin brothers of different mothers of another sort. I think i'll keep it for myself,,, i'll tell my daughter i sent hers to the junk yard like she already thinks,,,,, and then bought this new one for myself. You already know i can't do that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sh!t.
Blitzkrieg is offline  
Unread 05-25-2015, 04:42 PM   #39
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mi
Posts: 368
Default Re: Project Deception 1992 CC DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Good deal , i'll make it a point to ask them wed. when i order the tires and wheels. Our carts will be twin brothers of different mothers of another sort. I think i'll keep it for myself,,, i'll tell my daughter i sent hers to the junk yard like she already thinks,,,,, and then bought this new one for myself. You already know i can't do that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sh!t.
As long as she doesn't see this thread.
alwhite00 is offline  
Unread 05-26-2015, 10:27 PM   #40
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !
Posts: 142
Default Re: Project Deception 1992 CC DS

Got a call today from the shipper about 2pm, my new body set will arrive tomorrow between 2 and 6 pm. Finally something that will show progress,that doesn't involve grease pics to follow tomorrow.
Blitzkrieg is offline  
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
1992 Club Car DS - Renovation Project Electric Club Car
1992 ezgo marathon clone project Clone Engine Swaps
1992 ds Electric Club Car
1992 EZGO Project Gas EZGO
New Project-1992 Gas Ez Go Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.