Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/)
-   Electric Club Car (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/)
-   -   Dual headlights for a precedent? (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/106675-dual-headlights-precedent.html)

Kermit8matt 06-01-2015 11:33 PM

Dual headlights for a precedent?
 
Our city recently enacted stricter rules on carts and my standard headlight upgrade kit that came with my 07 Precedent is not good enough. You need to have two separate lights not just two separate bulbs in one housing like I have now.
Does anyone have any ideas on this? I'm thinking about mounting an LED light below the bumper and linking it to the other headlight. Would that be easy enough to wire? Any other ideas or kits anyone has seen?

scooterman 06-02-2015 08:10 AM

Re: Dual headlights for a precedent?
 
ould do something liek this,

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ed-lights.html

Kermit8matt 06-02-2015 03:26 PM

Re: Dual headlights for a precedent?
 
Without a brush gaurs I don't know where the best place would be to mount the lights though. Maybe under the bumper? So did you wire them to come on with your headlights or are they separate?

scooterman 06-02-2015 03:36 PM

Re: Dual headlights for a precedent?
 
I tried locating them all over the place, didn't like the options, If I do the same on the other cart (in my sig) I'd go with a chrome sleeker guard as long as it has mounting tabs for lights. I wired them to the same switch but ran separate wires, the big center light is LEDS also.

jjance 06-02-2015 07:30 PM

Re: Dual headlights for a precedent?
 
See my avatar. Club Car Phantom Body. Tahoe got them

TahoeDawgZ71 06-03-2015 02:13 AM

Re: Dual headlights for a precedent?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjance (Post 1161890)
See my avatar. Club Car Phantom Body. Tahoe got them

:thumbup:

theboss20 06-03-2015 03:36 PM

Re: Dual headlights for a precedent?
 
I would question the intent of the City...if a motor vehicle came equipped from the factory in a certain way the City cannot mandate changes to that original design...they can stipulate new carts be to a certain standard but retrofitting is usually outside their parameters. I would check it out.

Gregorio 06-03-2015 04:00 PM

Re: Dual headlights for a precedent?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by theboss20 (Post 1162270)
I would question the intent of the City...if a motor vehicle came equipped from the factory in a certain way the City cannot mandate changes to that original design...they can stipulate new carts be to a certain standard but retrofitting is usually outside their parameters. I would check it out.

Didn't the feds create a new class of vehicle (NEV) to standardize the rules and prevent this from happening? If the cart meets the federal rules, the town should not be able to exclude it based on equipment.

BorisM 06-03-2015 04:06 PM

Re: Dual headlights for a precedent?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregorio (Post 1162287)
Didn't the feds create a new class of vehicle (NEV) to standardize the rules and prevent this from happening? If the cart meets the federal rules, the town should not be able to exclude it based on equipment.

Town rulings are administrative and can easily overrule federal laws. Look at gun laws/permits as an example.

Gregorio 06-03-2015 04:11 PM

Re: Dual headlights for a precedent?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BorisM (Post 1162294)
Town rulings are administrative and can easily overrule federal laws. Look at gun laws/permits as an example.

That is a different situation. Federal motor vehicle standards apply everywhere in the country. There are no cases where a local jurisdiction can make them more stringent. Only the states can do that but rarely do. It is a matter of uniformity otherwise, car manufacturers would have to build separate models for each state in which they are sold. Only things like front license plates and smog controls are different between states. The former is easily handled by the dealer. The latter is done at the factory.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.