lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-11-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 43
Default fully charged wont run full speed

I have an 08 cc Precedent IQ. New Trojan batteries about a year old. Cart stays plugged in all the time. Reading on batteries is 12.90 or higher on all four. It was in storage over the winter and stayed plugged in to the charger. When I took it out for a spin I noticed that when I hit the pedal it would quickly jump out of the gate but then quickly speed down to half speed. I was getting 17 miles per hour. The breaking does not kick in, it just acts like it backs down from full speed then with pedal all the way down will maintain of speed of about 7 or 8 miles per hour. Occasionally out of no where it will kick in the jump up to full speed just out of no where, then ease down to the 7 or 8 speed. If you are not paying attention it will jolt you when it kicks in. Acts erraticallyj now. Any suggestions?
angriffnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 06-11-2015, 11:28 AM   #2
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: fully charged wont run full speed

Sounds like the speed sensor is failing, do the test below:

DS IQ or Precedent Speed Sensor Test
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 43
Default Re: fully charged wont run full speed

again, really appreciate the knowledge. will test tonight and check back. Thank you
angriffnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2015, 01:06 PM   #4
Gone Wild
 
Lakebit's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 163
Default Re: fully charged wont run full speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by angriffnole View Post
I have an 08 cc Precedent IQ. New Trojan batteries about a year old. Cart stays plugged in all the time. Reading on batteries is 12.90 or higher on all four. It was in storage over the winter and stayed plugged in to the charger. When I took it out for a spin I noticed that when I hit the pedal it would quickly jump out of the gate but then quickly speed down to half speed. I was getting 17 miles per hour. The breaking does not kick in, it just acts like it backs down from full speed then with pedal all the way down will maintain of speed of about 7 or 8 miles per hour. Occasionally out of no where it will kick in the jump up to full speed just out of no where, then ease down to the 7 or 8 speed. If you are not paying attention it will jolt you when it kicks in. Acts erraticallyj now. Any suggestions?
I experienced this problem after not using my cart for a month I operated the pedal about 20 times with the key switch off which cleaned the MCOR, cart started running great again I'm having to repeat this procedure every couple of days if I don't use it daily

Thinking it may be time to order a new MCOR from David at Revolution
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2015, 08:14 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 43
Default Re: fully charged wont run full speed

Sergio, I ran the test you suggested. When I put the switch in run under the seat and turned the key on, I drove it about 100 yards then got out of the cart and started to push it. No beeps, no braking, no nothing. I know this feature was working when I put it in storage last December. I tried it on a level surface and a gentle incline. No breaking or beeping of any kind. So I am thinking you are right sir. Any ideas on where to get that part? Thanks again
angriffnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2015, 08:17 PM   #6
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: fully charged wont run full speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by angriffnole View Post
Sergio, I ran the test you suggested. When I put the switch in run under the seat and turned the key on, I drove it about 100 yards then got out of the cart and started to push it. No beeps, no braking, no nothing. I know this feature was working when I put it in storage last December. I tried it on a level surface and a gentle incline. No breaking or beeping of any kind. So I am thinking you are right sir. Any ideas on where to get that part? Thanks again

http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/

TahoedawgZ71 is RevolutionGoldCarts.com and sells them for both motors.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2015, 08:43 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: fully charged wont run full speed

This is just speculation, but if the cart was left with the Tow/Run on Run, the speed sensor would have remained powered.

There would be a 50% change the Hall effect inside the speed sensor would have been ON depending which magnet pole last passed over the sensor.

The Hall effect sensor could have easily failed due to the continued duty cycle caused by the extended ON time.

TahoedawgZ71 sells the good quality sensors, lots of folks post here about the poor quality of the cheap Chinese sensors sold on eBay.
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 43
Default Re: fully charged wont run full speed

Sergio, do you think its probably still the speed sensor. In storage I left it in the tow position.
angriffnole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2015, 09:02 PM   #9
Gone Wild
 
theboss20's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Buckeye, Az
Posts: 646
Smile Re: fully charged wont run full speed

Now that is good info...if you are leaving the cart for any extended time period the run/tow switch should be in the TOW position.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: fully charged wont run full speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by angriffnole View Post
Sergio, do you think its probably still the speed sensor. In storage I left it in the tow position.
Long shot but sometimes electrical connections can oxidize and it would not take much resistance to cause problems with the very low current signals used by the speed sensor.

Put the cart on Tow, disconnect the speed sensor 3 pin connector at the motor.

Spray some contact cleaner if you have in the connector and plug it back in.
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Ezgo fully charged but won't start Electric EZGO
Batteries are fully charged but no power Electric EZGO
48v pack 2 Batteries not fully charged Electric EZGO
G-19 fully charged - Suddenly died Electric Yamaha
Fully charged Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.