lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-25-2015, 11:42 PM   #31
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,977
Default Re: Possible MCOR issues, replace or fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewginger2.5 View Post
I was looking at am293101, but does that also come with the 2 & 3 pin wiring harnesses to controller, etc?
It comes with a new MCOR4, a Conversion bracket, a drive bar, and a wire harness adapter (MCOR to MCOR4) to plug into your existing wire harness. Everything you need to make it plug and play.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 06-25-2015, 11:45 PM   #32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 33
Default Re: Possible MCOR issues, replace or fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It comes with a new MCOR4, a Conversion bracket, a drive bar, and a wire harness adapter (MCOR to MCOR4) to plug into your existing wire harness. Everything you need to make it plug and play.
Is there a discount for ordering through you from this forum?
brewginger2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2015, 11:53 PM   #33
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,977
Default Re: Possible MCOR issues, replace or fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewginger2.5 View Post
Is there a discount for ordering through you from this forum?
Yes. Enter promo code BGW
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2015, 12:00 AM   #34
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 33
Default Re: Possible MCOR issues, replace or fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes. Enter promo code BGW
Ordered, thank you TD, Sergio, and everyone else for your time and responses. Fingers crossed!!
brewginger2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2015, 12:01 AM   #35
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,977
Default Re: Possible MCOR issues, replace or fix?

That was quick. It'll ship tomorrow. Thank you sir.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2015, 07:58 AM   #36
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 33
Default Re: Possible MCOR issues, replace or fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That is great, the resistance does not mean much on the 3 wire throttle.

How is the Current Limit (CL) adjustment screw set on the controller?
Sergio, do you have any other ideas for testing? I ordered a new MCOR4 kit, but only half expecting anything different from before. What other tests could be done, or do you agree issue probably MCOR that needs replacing?

Last edited by brewginger2.5; 06-26-2015 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: grammar
brewginger2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2015, 09:14 AM   #37
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,575
Default Re: Possible MCOR issues, replace or fix?

As a matter of fact I do

To properly test the throttle signal, the system needs to be connected as the impedance of the throttle input pin interacts with the MCOR.

The FNR needs to be in Forward for the Controller to be activated due to the microswitch in the FNR.

Unfortunately, Series motors have no speed regulation and if you run them at Wide Open Throttle (WOT), with the wheels OFF the ground, they will self destruct.

Here is an idea to test the system in place:
Rear wheels OFF the ground (again just in case)
Key Switch ON
FNR in Neutral
Put a jumper between Controller #1 terminal (red wire) and Pack positive (by-passes the microswitch).
Set your meter for 20vDC scale
Using a back probe (like a Hat Pin) or just pull the connector on Terminal #3 (yellow wire) slightly off the terminal so You can measure the voltage while it is still connected.

Measure the voltage between Terminal #3 (yellow wire) and B- as You slowly press the pedal.

The voltage should go up smoothly from 0v to close to 5v when the pedal is all the way down.
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2015, 09:58 AM   #38
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 33
Default Re: Possible MCOR issues, replace or fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
As a matter of fact I do

To properly test the throttle signal, the system needs to be connected as the impedance of the throttle input pin interacts with the MCOR.

The FNR needs to be in Forward for the Controller to be activated due to the microswitch in the FNR.

Unfortunately, Series motors have no speed regulation and if you run them at Wide Open Throttle (WOT), with the wheels OFF the ground, they will self destruct.

Here is an idea to test the system in place:
Rear wheels OFF the ground (again just in case)
Key Switch ON
FNR in Neutral
Put a jumper between Controller #1 terminal (red wire) and Pack positive (by-passes the microswitch).
Set your meter for 20vDC scale
Using a back probe (like a Hat Pin) or just pull the connector on Terminal #3 (yellow wire) slightly off the terminal so You can measure the voltage while it is still connected.

Measure the voltage between Terminal #3 (yellow wire) and B- as You slowly press the pedal.

The voltage should go up smoothly from 0v to close to 5v when the pedal is all the way down.
Just to make sure that I don't blow anything up, and my comprehensive skills are correct, I completely take off the #1 connector, and have the jumper from #1 to pack +. Then test #3 and B- (on side of controller) with multimeter.

Last edited by brewginger2.5; 06-26-2015 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: clarified
brewginger2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #39
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,575
Default Re: Possible MCOR issues, replace or fix?

Quote:
Just to make sure that I don't blow anything up, and my comprehensive skills are correct, I completely take off the #1 connector, and have the jumper from #1 to pack +. Then test #3 and B- (on side of controller) with multimeter.
Correct, with the cart in neutral the controller will not need the Solenoid engaged as there will be no current flow out of the controller B+ to M-.
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #40
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 33
Default Re: Possible MCOR issues, replace or fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Correct, with the cart in neutral the controller will not need the Solenoid engaged as there will be no current flow out of the controller B+ to M-.
Great, thanks! I'll report back this evening.
brewginger2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
MCOR Issues? Electric Club Car
Difference between MCOR 1 and MCOR 2 Electric Club Car
Had to replace mcor not sure if its adjusted iht Electric Club Car
Possible battery issues or charger issues Columbia ParCar
powerdrive 2 issues and speed issues. Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.