lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-26-2015, 11:57 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Alabama
Posts: 30
Default Club Car DS Floor mat and dash question

What is the best club car ds floor mat? Mine is old and worn. Should I just put a mat over top, or replace the original one? How hard is this to do?

Also, Thought about buying the Club car dash kit but haven't read or heard great things about it. Hear its cheaper and noisy. Anyone have experience with this?
Bigsampson556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 06-27-2015, 12:14 AM   #2
Gone Wild
 
theboss20's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Buckeye, Az
Posts: 646
Smile Re: Club Car DS Floor mat and dash question

I replaced mine with a new one and the install was easy but it helps if it's warm out lay it out in the sun and let it soften up. Some of them were glued in but most were not. The upper end towards the windshield slides up under a lip and you want to be sure it's clean so the mat will slide up in there. I used weather-strip glue in a few places but the mat us heavy enough that it's not a issue. I also replaced my dash and the one I ordered was well made and looked great.
theboss20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2015, 12:38 AM   #3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Alabama
Posts: 30
Default Re: Club Car DS Floor mat and dash question

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
I replaced mine with a new one and the install was easy but it helps if it's warm out lay it out in the sun and let it soften up. Some of them were glued in but most were not. The upper end towards the windshield slides up under a lip and you want to be sure it's clean so the mat will slide up in there. I used weather-strip glue in a few places but the mat us heavy enough that it's not a issue. I also replaced my dash and the one I ordered was well made and looked great.
Can you post a link to the dash you bought? Also, did you just cut your old mat off? Thanks for the comment.
Bigsampson556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Alabama
Posts: 30
Default Re: Club Car DS Floor mat and dash question

bump
Bigsampson556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2015, 12:36 PM   #5
Gone Wild
 
theboss20's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Buckeye, Az
Posts: 646
Smile Re: Club Car DS Floor mat and dash question

I am looking for the link...yes on cutting the mat...I just used a razor knife and sliced it from the brake and go pedals to the left and right edge and then it came out it two pieces...
theboss20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2015, 12:44 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
theboss20's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Buckeye, Az
Posts: 646
Smile Re: Club Car DS Floor mat and dash question

Link: www.nivelparts.com part number 20118...just put that number in the search box...or search like this: 98 CC DS dash and then click the next page for other choices...they have 5 or 6 different dashes. They are fairly easy to install with the right tools and a good thickness. Let me know if you need any more info. Most of the site sponsors will recognize the Nivel part number.
theboss20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2015, 01:01 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
jjance's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chattanooga TN
Posts: 2,105
Default Re: Club Car DS Floor mat and dash question

My dash kit was noisy. The doors rattled when going down the street. I bought some quarter inch weather stripping at the hardware store and that fixed that.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Alabama
Posts: 30
Default Re: Club Car DS Floor mat and dash question

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
Link: www.nivelparts.com part number 20118...just put that number in the search box...or search like this: 98 CC DS dash and then click the next page for other choices...they have 5 or 6 different dashes. They are fairly easy to install with the right tools and a good thickness. Let me know if you need any more info. Most of the site sponsors will recognize the Nivel part number.
Thanks for posting. Thats the one I'm looking at, just want it black. Haven't read the best reviews though, so I wanted some hear some other responses. I will be using this cart for hunting, so I need to be extremely quiet. My roads I use are very bumpy and hilly. Didn't want the dash making extreme amounts of noise.
Bigsampson556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Alabama
Posts: 30
Default Re: Club Car DS Floor mat and dash question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
My dash kit was noisy. The doors rattled when going down the street. I bought some quarter inch weather stripping at the hardware store and that fixed that.
Thats a great idea. Thank you for your response. Other than doors rattling, you like the dash?
Bigsampson556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2015, 01:53 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
theboss20's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Buckeye, Az
Posts: 646
Post Re: Club Car DS Floor mat and dash question

Another thought...you could use weather strip adhesive when you mate the dash to the aluminum support that way any twisting oh the body would be cushioned by the weather strip stuff...it's messy but it works just don't go overboard with the amount. Also cabinet dots...the little self adhesive rubber bumpers that you use to keep the kitchen cabinet doors from banging also work on the glove box doors. Ace hardware has them.
theboss20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
dash question Electric EZGO
source for club car floor mat Electric Club Car
floor mat and rivet question Gas EZGO
Club Car Dash - Lockable Dash Insert Doors for Sale Golf Carts and Parts
Dumb question about the pedals and floor mat Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.