lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 59
Default Charger Problem..??

Club Car, 2007, DS Attempted to charge it today. Plugged the charger in the Amp needle moved scale, waited 30 seconds and dropped to ZERO. Yellow battery light was on.
Test of batteries, 8.50 on each of the 8 batteries, general voltage, was 51 volts.
I charged it OK 6 days ago. And tested the system, all batteries were 9.96 DCV, overall voltage was 59.4
SG on all batteries was 1300 with the exception of one that was 1.290
Bad charger??
-Bill
Bill In Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 06-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #2
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 59
Default Re: Charger Problem..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill In Georgia View Post
Club Car, 2007, DS Attempted to charge it today. Plugged the charger in the Amp needle moved scale, waited 30 seconds and dropped to ZERO. Yellow battery light was on.
Test of batteries, 8.50 on each of the 8 batteries, general voltage, was 51 volts.
I charged it OK 6 days ago. And tested the system, all batteries were 9.96 DCV, overall voltage was 59.4
SG on all batteries was 1300 with the exception of one that was 1.290
Bad charger??
-Bill
This may help .... The Yellow battery light ..
When the charger kicks out, the Battery light has a cadence..
off 3sec..on 30sec..off 3sec..on 5sec...off 3sec..on 30sec..off 3sec..on 5sec.. off and on and on...
Bill In Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2015, 12:38 AM   #3
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,966
Default Re: Charger Problem..??

The onboard computer is responsible for controlling your charger. If the charger clicks on and the ammeter rises, odds are very good that the charger is fine. It's simply following the command of the onboard computer. I think it's a lot more likely that this is your issue.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 59
Default Re: Charger Problem..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The onboard computer is responsible for controlling your charger. If the charger clicks on and the ammeter rises, odds are very good that the charger is fine. It's simply following the command of the onboard computer. I think it's a lot more likely that this is your issue.
Thanks ..As I understand it the main reason for the OBC is to control the charger...mine is not..
BUT, I'm in a tight, I have 18 hole family event tomorrow that I can't miss ... Can I disconnect all cables from the 48VDC plus and minus terminals so that the 6 batteries sit there isolated, and use my alligator clipped Stanley 12 to 48 volt charger on it... Charge it up/ reconnect the cables then worry about the OBC Momday..???

-Bill
Bill In Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2015, 09:13 AM   #5
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,561
Default Re: Charger Problem..??

No need to disconnect any cables, you can plug the 48v charger directly to pack positive and negative.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2015, 10:07 AM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 59
Default Re: Charger Problem..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
No need to disconnect any cables, you can plug the 48v charger directly to pack positive and negative.
OK ...Sounds Good ......

Thanks Guys..

-Bill
Bill In Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Ezgo charger problem now a cart problem Electric EZGO
charger problem Electric EZGO
G19 48v charger problem help... Electric Yamaha
Charger Problem! Electric Club Car
Charger problem Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.