lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-14-2015, 05:49 PM   #11
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11
Default Re: Stuttering on acceleration - 98 Club Car Electric

So replacement time?
clubcar98guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 11-14-2015, 05:51 PM   #12
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11
Default Re: Stuttering on acceleration - 98 Club Car Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
more than likely you dropped a cell in these batteries
So replacement time?
clubcar98guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2015, 05:51 PM   #13
Old Sky Soldier
 
mrgolf's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,976
Default Re: Stuttering on acceleration - 98 Club Car Electric

Not to beat a dead horse, but I would lay odds you have a 16-12 volt reducer and it is hooked to the two lower batteries. Where are the people who say running a reducer on just two batteries has little to no effect on battery life.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2015, 05:53 PM   #14
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11
Default Re: Stuttering on acceleration - 98 Club Car Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but I would lay odds you have a 16-12 volt reducer and it is hooked to the two lower batteries. Where are the people who say running a reducer on just two batteries has little to no effect on battery life.
Sorry as I'm super newbie here. What are you saying should be done, replace batteries that are bad and locate the reducer and take it off?

I'm just unclear if the voltage readings I got mean battery replacement for certain first and foremost.
clubcar98guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2015, 06:04 PM   #15
Old Sky Soldier
 
mrgolf's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,976
Default Re: Stuttering on acceleration - 98 Club Car Electric

We have had several threads about using no reducer, or a 16-12 volt reducer vs a 48-12 volt reducer, and still an extra battery for lights etc.

Nothing to do with you or your cart, just guessing you have a 16-12 volt reducer.

Some believe that set up can cause two of the batteries to go bad before the rest. Some say it does not make enough difference to worry about.

I bought a cart that had the 16-12 volt reducer and had to replace the batteries that were three years old. 4 of them were usable but I could not fine two three year old batteries.

All it takes is for someone to leave the lights on a few times to completely kill the two batteries.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #16
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11
Default Re: Stuttering on acceleration - 98 Club Car Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
We have had several threads about using no reducer, or a 16-12 volt reducer vs a 48-12 volt reducer, and still an extra battery for lights etc.

Nothing to do with you or your cart, just guessing you have a 16-12 volt reducer.

Some believe that set up can cause two of the batteries to go bad before the rest. Some say it does not make enough difference to worry about.

I bought a cart that had the 16-12 volt reducer and had to replace the batteries that were three years old. 4 of them were usable but I could not fine two three year old batteries.

All it takes is for someone to leave the lights on a few times to completely kill the two batteries.
Cool thanks.

Can you school me on what dropping a cell means and if that = time to buy a new battery?
clubcar98guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2015, 06:34 PM   #17
Dazed & Confused
 
crash test dummy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Z-HELLS FL
Posts: 14,035
Default Re: Stuttering on acceleration - 98 Club Car Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubcar98guy View Post
Cool thanks.

Can you school me on what dropping a cell means and if that = time to buy a new battery?
1 cell is equal to 2.122 volts
8volt battery has 4 cells
a full charged 8 volt battery is 8.49 volts
a 48v cart fully charged is 50.9 volts
here is a SOC chart that shows volts after 12hr rest


dropping a cell mean one cell in your battery is not fully charging

as Mr Golf says if a 16>12v reducer is used on only 2 batteries
it can lead to premature battery failure ... what happens is your 2 batteries hooked to reducer become discharged more than the rest of the pack
then you charge them and they only get charged to the pack voltage which over charges the others but not fully charging the 2

i would get a new pack and go with a 48 > 12v reducer
crash test dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #18
Gone Wild
 
Yamahaman's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 223
Default Re: Stuttering on acceleration - 98 Club Car Electric

If your batteries are only six months old and only two are showing bad I think I would do some hard thinking about just replacing those two.I know it's not generally done and if they were a lot older but only six months is something to think about.If you replace those two and get three plus years out of the whole battery pack your money ahead in my book.Then go to Scotty's and get a good 48-12V reducer to eliminate your battery problem.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/12v-reducer--.html
Yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #19
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 11
Default Re: Stuttering on acceleration - 98 Club Car Electric

Much appreciated guys. Thanks for the advice.
clubcar98guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Club Car stuttering after deep water Electric Club Car
TXT PDS motor stuttering Electric EZGO
Stuttering acceleration on 2001 G14 Electric Yamaha
96 electric ezgo western acceleration problem Electric EZGO
94 electric Club Car acceleration problems Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.