lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
Gone Wild
 
bsa_bob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: mich
Posts: 592
Default do all 4 batteries have to run at...

SAME exact voltage? 12 volt......... give or take....... point or two. wouldn't make a difference in running would it? pack voltage is good bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 11-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
glassk's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hampton, GA
Posts: 441
Default Re: do all 4 batteries have to run at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
SAME exact voltage? 12 volt......... give or take....... point or two. wouldn't make a difference in running would it? pack voltage is good bob s
My 8 volts are 3 @ 8.60 , 2 @ 8.53 and 8.56, but my dash meter is 0.2 volts lower.
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2015, 03:18 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
bsa_bob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: mich
Posts: 592
Default Re: do all 4 batteries have to run at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassk View Post
My 8 volts are 3 @ 8.60 , 2 @ 8.53 and 8.56, but my dash meter is 0.2 volts lower.
Went out and checked mine again 48.1 pack volt ; 12.2-12.2-12.3 -12.5 with my voltage testor.When i hit the key- then the pedal.it now does all its supposed to accept the wheels-fr and rear run up aways then they just shut down, and won't move for a period of time. I do have the speed sensor out of it .anticipating the new sensor soon. this week bob s ---thanks glassic
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2015, 04:05 PM   #4
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oregon City, Or
Posts: 1,939
Default Re: do all 4 batteries have to run at...

48.1 volts is about 45% charge. TOO LOW TO RUN. Read the sticky about batteries at the top of this section.


.
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2015, 09:13 AM   #5
Gone Wild
 
bsa_bob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: mich
Posts: 592
Default Re: do all 4 batteries have to run at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
48.1 volts is about 45% charge. TOO LOW TO RUN. Read the sticky about batteries at the top of this section.


.
morning tag 50 i didn't see this tip on the battery section. What should voltage be??? If 48 volts isn't enough to run the cart??
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #6
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: do all 4 batteries have to run at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
morning tag 50 i didn't see this tip on the battery section. What should voltage be??? If 48 volts isn't enough to run the cart??
How long have you been here Bob?

At 100 % SOC a 48 volt pack will read at least 50.9 volts and at 50 % SOC (Nearly Dead) 48.4 volts.....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #7
Gone Wild
 
Yamahaman's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 223
Default Re: do all 4 batteries have to run at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
morning tag 50 i didn't see this tip on the battery section. What should voltage be??? If 48 volts isn't enough to run the cart??
Scroll down to you see voltages.
http://www.trojanbattery.com/tech-su...y-maintenance/
Yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2015, 10:02 AM   #8
Gone Wild
 
bsa_bob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: mich
Posts: 592
Default Re: do all 4 batteries have to run at...

[QUOTE=teecro;1218569]How long have you been here Bob?

At 100 % SOC a 48 volt pack will read at least 50.9 volts and at 50 % SOC (Nearly Dead) 48.4 volts.....[/QUOT


NOT long enough !! I see! my thinking isn't as good as it was. so Bear with me please If you don't want then, don't reply. otherwise i still need the help bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2015, 11:36 AM   #9
Gone Wild
 
glassk's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Hampton, GA
Posts: 441
Default Re: do all 4 batteries have to run at...

[quote=bsa_bob;1218576]
Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
How long have you been here Bob?

At 100 % SOC a 48 volt pack will read at least 50.9 volts and at 50 % SOC (Nearly Dead) 48.4 volts.....[/QUOT


NOT long enough !! I see! my thinking isn't as good as it was. so Bear with me please If you don't want then, don't reply. otherwise i still need the help bob s
That's why a lot of batteries get ruined,

http://www.batterystuff.com/kb/frequ...-13-volts.html

article on Battery volts,

All Lead acid batteries (Gel, AGM, Flooded, Drycell, etc) are made up of a series of 2.2 volt cells that are bridged together in series to reach their final desired voltage. For instance, a 6 volt battery will have 3 cells (3 x2.2= 6.6 volts), a 12 volt battery will have 6 cells (6 x2.2=13.2 volts) and so on.That 2.2 volts is the fully charged, straight off the charger number. The actual resting voltage, or the voltage a battery will settle at 12-24 hours after being removed from the charger, is closer to 2.1 volts per cell, or about 6.4 volts for a 6v battery, and 12.7 volts for a 12v battery. These numbers assume 100% healthy cells, and may vary a bit lower for older batteries.

so 4 x 12.7 is 50.8 volts,
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #10
Gone Wild
 
bsa_bob's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: mich
Posts: 592
Default Re: do all 4 batteries have to run at...

[quote=glassk;1218596]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post

That's why a lot of batteries get ruined,

http://www.batterystuff.com/kb/frequ...-13-volts.html

article on Battery volts,

All Lead acid batteries (Gel, AGM, Flooded, Drycell, etc) are made up of a series of 2.2 volt cells that are bridged together in series to reach their final desired voltage. For instance, a 6 volt battery will have 3 cells (3 x2.2= 6.6 volts), a 12 volt battery will have 6 cells (6 x2.2=13.2 volts) and so on.That 2.2 volts is the fully charged, straight off the charger number. The actual resting voltage, or the voltage a battery will settle at 12-24 hours after being removed from the charger, is closer to 2.1 volts per cell, or about 6.4 volts for a 6v battery, and 12.7 volts for a 12v battery. These numbers assume 100% healthy cells, and may vary a bit lower for older batteries.

so 4 x 12.7 is 50.8 volts,
I see now! . I am not maintaining quite enough voltage, is what it boils down to. Well i have "good' speed sensor coming this week , i will put that in and see if theres any or much change.Really looks like these batteries are going to get the axe in favor of 6 trojans thanks glassk for your patience bob s

ps which would you buy Gel AGM ,flooded or Dry cell
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Convert EZGO RXV from 4 12v Batteries to 8 6v Batteries Electric EZGO
Recharging Batteries---so charge recognizes batteries!! Electric EZGO
Batteries - Keeping LOTS of batteries charged Electric golf carts
charger reads, check batteries, and limit use with new batteries! Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.