lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-08-2016, 03:19 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2
Default Advice needed for purchase of Precedent..

My wife and I are preparing to buy our first cart in the next few weeks. Just a few questions I need help with.

1. What year did the Precedent switch to 6-8volt batteries?
2. What is the going rate for a 2010-2012 Electric with lights and rear seat?
3. Any known issues i should look for?
4. Any other advice you have would be most helpful.
trinity1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 01-08-2016, 09:09 PM   #2
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 17
Default Re: Advice needed for purchase of Precedent..

i got a hell of a deal on my 2010.

3" a arm lift
14" SS rims with brand new low pro tires
rear seat
lights (didnt work)

$2900 OTD
-Kevlar- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2016, 09:45 PM   #3
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northeast Georgia
Posts: 142
Default Re: Advice needed for purchase of Precedent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1911 View Post
My wife and I are preparing to buy our first cart in the next few weeks. Just a few questions I need help with.

1. What year did the Precedent switch to 6-8volt batteries?
2. What is the going rate for a 2010-2012 Electric with lights and rear seat?
3. Any known issues i should look for?
4. Any other advice you have would be most helpful.
last year I paid $2400.00 for a 2011 Precedent completely stock and not long after that I had to spend $650.00 for new batteries ( 6 Trojan 875's ). The mcor was going bad so I installed a new mcor 2 to mcor 4 conversion from Revolution Golf cars ( site sponsor ), the mcor replacement is a very easy DIY project and seems to be a very common issue but is minor and is an easy fix. I am very happy with the cart overall. If you buy one with PD batteries in it you will be replacing them soon. Most used carts around here for sale have batteries in them that are on their last leg. Hope this helps a little
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2016, 09:47 PM   #4
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rio Verde, Az
Posts: 2,679
Default Re: Advice needed for purchase of Precedent..

My advice is assume you will be buying batteries soon when you figure out what you are willing to pay for a used cart.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2016, 10:00 PM   #5
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: Advice needed for purchase of Precedent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
My advice is assume you will be buying batteries soon when you figure out what you are willing to pay for a used cart.
Yes... I bought an 11 from a reputable refurber and was told the batteries were all load tested and good to go... Yeah right 2 batteries would not hold a charge for more than a few days...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2016, 10:19 PM   #6
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northeast Georgia
Posts: 142
Default Re: Advice needed for purchase of Precedent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
My advice is assume you will be buying batteries soon when you figure out what you are willing to pay for a used cart.
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2016, 10:38 PM   #7
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Northeast Georgia
Posts: 142
Default Re: Advice needed for purchase of Precedent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Yes... I bought an 11 from a reputable refurber and was told the batteries were all load tested and good to go... Yeah right 2 batteries would not hold a charge for more than a few days...
Teecro ...that is exactly what a dealer told me when I bought mine. He said the batteries had been tested and were up to club car's specs, so I left there thinking I got a great deal on a cart that had batteries that I could get a couple of more years out of ....turns out the batteries were just about gone when I bought the cart, I just didn't know it .Right after I bought it I took it to David Hicks and got him to do the rear lift flipping the brakes around and he took one look at my batteries and told me my batteries were about gone and he was right . I was a little bummed but lesson learned. Funny thing is I would have still bought the cart if the dealer had been honest with me .I think anyone buying a used cart should just set aside money for new batteries and call it a day .
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2016, 11:36 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 17
Default Re: Advice needed for purchase of Precedent..

I guess it goes both ways... when i bought mine i was told they needed to be replaced immediately because they were original factory batteries. i get 7-9 miles on them easy.
-Kevlar- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2016, 06:11 AM   #9
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: Advice needed for purchase of Precedent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kevlar- View Post
I guess it goes both ways... when i bought mine i was told they needed to be replaced immediately because they were original factory batteries. i get 7-9 miles on them easy.
7 to 9 miles is not all that bad but it is not all that good either...

How long have you had the cart and more importantly how long is it allowed to sit between charging?

Mine fooled me at first as they claimed the batteries might simply need charging due to being in transit etc. If used and charged every day the problem was kept hidden and at bay. My problem surfaced while I was at way at sea on the wife as it would sit upward of a week or more between use. With the stock power-drive charger plugged in waiting for a 14 day time cycle to complete before turning on again. Bucking and surging on her as she limped it home in our hilly neighborhood.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2016, 06:40 AM   #10
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 17
Default Re: Advice needed for purchase of Precedent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
7 to 9 miles is not all that bad but it is not all that good either...

How long have you had the cart and more importantly how long is it allowed to sit between charging?

Mine fooled me at first as they claimed the batteries might simply need charging due to being in transit etc. If used and charged every day the problem was kept hidden and at bay. My problem surfaced while I was at way at sea on the wife as it would sit upward of a week or more between use. With the stock power-drive charger plugged in waiting for a 14 day time cycle to complete before turning on again. Bucking and surging on her as she limped it home in our hilly neighborhood.

ive had it for a couple weeks now. It gets used moderately about 3-4 times per week. It stays plugged in. that distance is just fine for me and suits all my needs. I really couldnt imagine using it more than that.
-Kevlar- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
08 club car precedent build advice needed Electric Club Car
Looking to purchase.....advice needed Gas Yamaha
Precedent Lift Kit Advice Needed Electric Club Car
Precedent Access. rewiring advice needed Electric Club Car
Need advice on Precedent purchase Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.