lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-04-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Forrest109's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 39
Default cart slower after new cables

I have a 2007 Club Car Precedent and I just upgraded all of the battery cables from 6 ga to a 2 ga and the 6 ga wires from the controller to the motor the same. The cart ran great before I rewired it. I changed 1 wire at a time to make sure I put them back correctly. My problem is now the cart takes off strong but when I have the gas all the way down it seems to slow down. I can stop and take off again and it does the same. The cart also goes in reverse with no problems and seems to go just as fast in reverse as it does in forward. I have 4 12 volt batteries that are about 1 year old, and they are all in good condition and the cables are tight. Not having any major voltage drops and it also has a brand new club car speed sensor and magnet. Just seems weird it was find before I put the bigger cables on the cart. The cart has a Curtis Model 1510A Controller and an EX9-4002 Motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Forrest109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-04-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rio Verde, Az
Posts: 2,681
Default Re: cart slower after new cables

Something is not right - 2 ga cables should give you better performance.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2016, 06:01 PM   #3
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,989
Default Re: cart slower after new cables

Sounds like a speed sensor problem. You didn't buy one of the cheap ones on eBay did you? If you did, that's the problem. They're infamous for failing immediately after installation.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2016, 06:03 PM   #4
Old Sky Soldier
 
mrgolf's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,978
Default Re: cart slower after new cables

I'm guessing, you somehow pulled the connector off the speed sensor.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2016, 10:15 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
Forrest109's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 39
Default Re: cart slower after new cables

I replaced the speed sensor and didn't buy the cheap one. Borrowed a new one in the package from my neighbor. Had club car logo on it.... The magnet that was with it was flat on one side and had a groove on the other side. Everything that I read that it didn't matter what side went out??? I put the grove to the inside and flat side towards the sensor... That's how my old one was.... Is there a way to check the mocor at the 16 pin connector using a volt meter on the yellow and the white/blue wire or do you have to check it at the mcor? Thanks for the help
Forrest109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #6
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,989
Default Re: cart slower after new cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest109 View Post
I replaced the speed sensor and didn't buy the cheap one. Borrowed a new one in the package from my neighbor. Had club car logo on it.... The magnet that was with it was flat on one side and had a groove on the other side. Everything that I read that it didn't matter what side went out??? I put the grove to the inside and flat side towards the sensor... That's how my old one was.... Is there a way to check the mocor at the 16 pin connector using a volt meter on the yellow and the white/blue wire or do you have to check it at the mcor? Thanks for the help
The factory magnets have grooves on both sides. If the magnet came with the sensor I have my doubts about it being a factory sensor. What color are the three wires on the sensor? Green, Black, Red, or Blue, Black, Red?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #7
Not Yet Wild
 
Forrest109's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 39
Default Re: cart slower after new cables

The wires are green black and red, and magnet was in a separate bag than the sensor was
Forrest109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #8
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,989
Default Re: cart slower after new cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest109 View Post
The wires are green black and red, and magnet was in a separate bag than the sensor was
That's good. The aftermarket sensors have a blue wire instead of the green one. The magnet is typically installed with the groove facing outward towards the sensor. It shouldn't make a difference, but it's worth a try to flip it over and see if it helps.

You can check the MCOR at the 16 pin connector like you describe. You should get 6800 ohms at zero throttle and 1100 ohms at full throttle.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild
 
Forrest109's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 39
Default Re: cart slower after new cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
That's good. The aftermarket sensors have a blue wire instead of the green one. The magnet is typically installed with the groove facing outward towards the sensor. It shouldn't make a difference, but it's worth a try to flip it over and see if it helps.

You can check the MCOR at the 16 pin connector like you describe. You should get 6800 ohms at zero throttle and 1100 ohms at full throttle.

This may sound like a stupid question but do I put the red lead on the yellow wire and black on the white/blue wire or which way? I appreciate the info a lot!
Forrest109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #10
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,989
Default Re: cart slower after new cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest109 View Post
This may sound like a stupid question but do I put the red lead on the yellow wire and black on the white/blue wire or which way? I appreciate the info a lot!
Doesn't matter. Put the meter on 20k ohms. Polarity is not important
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slow after new cables, slow cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Cart battery cables Electric Club Car
EZGO txt series cart is slower in reverse??? Electric EZGO
going slower Electric Club Car
It's Slower Electric EZGO
cart slower down hill than up hill Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.