lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 21
Default Top speed

What's the best way to get around 28 mph with club car precedent, has 12 inch wheels with low profile tire, 48 volt cart with 4 12 volts, don't won't to lift cart, just looking for the smoothest ride and top speed for this cart should change motor, and controller or one or the other?
crzyyamahacarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-18-2016, 08:38 AM   #2
Cave Dweller
 
Swan's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Always On The Move
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: Top speed

IMO change both if it is still stock
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: Top speed

For that much speed your going to need a Landry List starting with a full set of 4 or 2 gauge cables, an HD Solenoid, a 400 or 500 amp Controller as well as a bigger motor... Might think about doing something to the brakes too if you think you really need to travel that fast.... Also be warned that these things were never meant to go as fast as we can make them go and they do indeed get squirrelly.... Mine can easily break 30 and I find that I rarely do much more than 20 MPH anymore...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #4
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ft Myers
Posts: 379
Default Re: Top speed

I doubt you will get that speed with 12V batteries...they just dont have the amp output that 6 8V batteries have even if you upgrade controller and motor. You might reach that speed on a very long straightaway but 1275's just dont have the Ah rating for what the controller will be trying to pull from them. My suggestion would be do the 8V conversion first and if you have an IQ model you can use a speed magnet to get about 24mph. Without a solid battery pack that has a high amp reserve you wont get high speeds no matter what you do period.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 08:50 AM   #5
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: Top speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmar143 View Post
I doubt you will get that speed with 12V batteries...they just dont have the amp output that 6 8V batteries have even if you upgrade controller and motor. You might reach that speed on a very long straightaway but 1275's just dont have the Ah rating for what the controller will be trying to pull from them. My suggestion would be do the 8V conversion first and if you have an IQ model you can use a speed magnet to get about 24mph. Without a solid battery pack that has a high amp reserve you wont get high speeds no matter what you do period.
I thought about commenting on the 4/12 battery pack but was not sure enough to back myself up... But I agree I'd want to start with a 6/8 battery pack too.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Cartguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 65
Default Re: Top speed

I'm getting a solid 24mph with just the speed code 5. It has reached 26 on a long straight but it'll do 24 fairly easy. All stock except 12" wheels with low pro tires and the sc5
Cartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 10:24 AM   #7
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: Top speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartguy View Post
I'm getting a solid 24mph with just the speed code 5. It has reached 26 on a long straight but it'll do 24 fairly easy. All stock except 12" wheels with low pro tires and the sc5
Keep in mind that not all carts can take advantage of the SC5 or even the cheap speed magnet that the IQ carts can; if a person has an Excel cart the means to the end is different....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 11:26 AM   #8
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ft Myers
Posts: 379
Default Re: Top speed

If you have an excel cart its not much different you just have to pay for speed code. $100 plus whatever the installer charges you.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 11:36 AM   #9
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: Top speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmar143 View Post
If you have an excel cart its not much different you just have to pay for speed code. $100 plus whatever the installer charges you.
And if SC4 does not net you enough speed and you decide on a new controller for the increase in torque and speed via amp delivery then you have wasted your money...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2016, 12:36 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ft Myers
Posts: 379
Default Re: Top speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
And if SC4 does not net you enough speed and you decide on a new controller for the increase in torque and speed via amp delivery then you have wasted your money...
Not exactly, you can sell the controller on ebay and get more with the open speed codes then an unlocked one.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
MCOR? Speed Sensor? Controller? Cart Runs at half speed. Advice, please. Electric Club Car
08 precedent electric speed sensor problem. Cart starts at proper speed then slows . Electric Club Car
Golf cart slowly losses speed and come to stop but in 5 mins back to full speed?? Electric Club Car
1204 controller, half-speed forward full speed reverse Electric EZGO
1985 G1 Runs fine low speed , high speed run for a mile then fall on its face Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.