lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2016, 08:11 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 45
Default Battery swap

I have a set of Trojan t 875 in my personal cart. They are one year old with no issues.I just bought brand new superstart 8gc batteries for a cart I'm selling. Got a good deal on them 110 apiece. Would you swap the 1 year old Trojans for the new super starts? They are made by a reputable company, the same one who makes dekka. Just looking for more longevity , and since I'm already buying new why not swap. Thoughts?
Volfan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-27-2016, 10:00 AM   #2
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rio Verde, Az
Posts: 2,679
Default Re: Battery swap

Compare AH specs. More is much better!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 45
Default Re: Battery swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Compare AH specs. More is much better!
Will do thanks
Volfan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 10:46 AM   #4
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: Battery swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfan60 View Post
I have a set of Trojan t 875 in my personal cart. They are one year old with no issues.I just bought brand new superstart 8gc batteries for a cart I'm selling. Got a good deal on them 110 apiece. Would you swap the 1 year old Trojans for the new super starts? They are made by a reputable company, the same one who makes dekka. Just looking for more longevity , and since I'm already buying new why not swap. Thoughts?
Can you buy the Trojan's for 110.00 each?

Just because they are "made" by a reputable manf does not mean they will be made to the same spec as any other brands they may make. Compair the amp hours as well as the weight...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 45
Default Re: Battery swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Can you buy the Trojan's for 110.00 each?

Just because they are "made" by a reputable manf does not mean they will be made to the same spec as any other brands they may make. Compair the amp hours as well as the weight...
Cannot buy the Trojans for that price, just the superstarts. I will compare specs. Basically the thought is if I'm buying new batteries, why not put the new ones in my cart and sell the others.... Just thinking...
Volfan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: Battery swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfan60 View Post
Cannot buy the Trojans for that price, just the superstarts. I will compare specs. Basically the thought is if I'm buying new batteries, why not put the new ones in my cart and sell the others.... Just thinking...
These? http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...itemDetailTab_

My complaint about these batteries is that they are not giving the 20 Amp Hour Rating we use to compare to other batteries.

Golf Cart Batteries are not rated in CCA
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 09:28 PM   #7
Old Sky Soldier
 
mrgolf's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,975
Default Re: Battery swap

To answer you question. Keep the Trojans in your cart.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 45
Default Re: Battery swap

Well that settles it, I'll keep the Trojans. Thanks for the advice.
Volfan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
4 ga battery cable swap...what kit is better? Electric Club Car
Battery swap = tray swap? Electric EZGO
Battery swap benefits? Electric EZGO
RXV not charging after battery swap Electric EZGO
swap 48v for 36v battery meter? Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.