lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2016, 08:51 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14
Default Help ID this Club Car (I think)

Hello All! Brand new to the forum here and hailing from New Bern NC. I just picked up a golf cart on craigslist and need some info on it.

Can you tell me the approx year, make, model?
Is this a aftermarket body?
Does anyone have a diagram or pic on how to wire it up? Had 3 12v batteries.
Will normal 12v deep cycle batteries work?

I'm sure alot of these are noob questions and yes, I will use the search button as soon I have an idea of what this is. Thanks so much for any help, and HAPPY CARTING!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1203.jpg (213.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1204.jpg (212.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1205.jpg (215.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1208.jpg (183.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1209.jpg (203.5 KB, 0 views)
FormulaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-27-2016, 09:22 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: Help ID this Club Car (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMatt View Post
Hello All! Brand new to the forum here and hailing from New Bern NC. I just picked up a golf cart on craigslist and need some info on it.

Can you tell me the approx year, make, model?
Is this a aftermarket body?
Does anyone have a diagram or pic on how to wire it up? Had 3 12v batteries.
Will normal 12v deep cycle batteries work?
I'm sure alot of these are noob questions and yes, I will use the search button as soon I have an idea of what this is. Thanks so much for any help, and HAPPY CARTING!!!
Not for long... Marine Deep Cycle Batteries are NOT meant for use in Golf Carts...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 10:45 PM   #3
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,895
Default Re: Help ID this Club Car (I think)

to BGW

That looks to be an 80s Club Car DS. The front body is definitely aftermarket, the rear appears stock. This should be the correct wiring diagram for that cart: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...e528185if2.jpg
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 11:05 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14
Default Re: Help ID this Club Car (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
to BGW

That looks to be an 80s Club Car DS. The front body is definitely aftermarket, the rear appears stock. This should be the correct wiring diagram for that cart:
Thanks so much! However, on the diagram, how would I hook up my 3 battery system?

Thanks again!
FormulaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 11:14 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14
Default Re: Help ID this Club Car (I think)

Also, did any come with the rear body with that storage locker behind the seat?
FormulaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 11:35 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14
Default Re: Help ID this Club Car (I think)

I think I found the ID plate...this means it is a 85 Club Car DS right? If so, what years of bodies will fit on this?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1210.jpg (137.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by FormulaMatt; 04-27-2016 at 11:46 PM.. Reason: more...
FormulaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 11:56 PM   #7
Dazed & Confused
 
crash test dummy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Z-HELLS FL
Posts: 14,063
Default Re: Help ID this Club Car (I think)

that is a 85 club car DS 36v ,
they came with six 6v batteries
you will not find a 3 battery diagram
but here is a way to hook it up

1981 to 2000.5 Year Model body will fit .
Attached Images
File Type: png 12v.png (49.8 KB, 0 views)
crash test dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 11:59 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14
Default Re: Help ID this Club Car (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
that is a 85 club car DS 36v ,
they came with six 6v batteries
you will not find a 3 battery diagram
but here is a way to hook it up

1981 to 2000.5 Year Model body will fit .
Oh ok, thanks! The previous owner said it was always a 3 battery system....must not have been the original owner then. I have to buy batteries; should I got back to 6 6v? Whats the advantage disadvantage to both?

Thanks again!!
FormulaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2016, 12:02 AM   #9
Dazed & Confused
 
crash test dummy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Z-HELLS FL
Posts: 14,063
Default Re: Help ID this Club Car (I think)

6v is what is needed
6v will give you the best run time
can you post a photo of the battery area ?
crash test dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2016, 12:06 AM   #10
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14
Default Re: Help ID this Club Car (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
6v is what is needed
6v will give you the best run time
can you post a photo of the battery area ?
Here we are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1201.jpg (153.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1202.jpg (125.3 KB, 0 views)
FormulaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.