lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-30-2016, 05:32 PM   #1
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 242
Default Curtis 1515 / ERIC system

Anyone upgraded this controller yet or am I the Guinea Pig?

No obc etc. Stepping up to a admiral mot-a2 and a alltrax XCT500, 2 guage setup.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-31-2016, 11:40 AM   #2
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 192
Default Re: Curtis 1515 / ERIC system

I've done upgrades to Curtis 1268s successfully. The only thing I would say you need to watch out for shouldn't be an issue for alltrax....no speed sensor right?
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2016, 11:50 AM   #3
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 242
Default

There is a 3 wire triangle style plug off the motor that is connected. But no OBC and ERIC charging system.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2016, 03:25 PM   #4
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 6,476
Default Re: Curtis 1515 / ERIC system

This is the solution to your issue...... 103850301 - Main Vehicle Wire Harness for Pre-ERIC Excel Precedents.

The pin-out is different between that white controller versus the old grey Excel controller. The Alltrax XCT works perfectly with the grey controller. An OBC bypass would have to be performed on the wire harness prior to installation, which is as simple as jumping the blue wire to the white wire behind the 6-pin plug that would plug into the OBC. Once the harness is installed, it will plug into all factory connectors except for the wires from the charger receptacle. They will need to be routed to Battery #1 positive (red) and battery #6 negative (black). Harness install is very simple.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2016, 03:33 PM   #5
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 242
Default

THANK YOU; you guys are the best.

I called alltrax this afternoon and they said it should be plug and play; I will call back and ask about the bypass method... I'll give it a shot this weekend; fingers crossed.

If anyone else has ideas / concerns etc please share. Worst case I can save someone else headache later.

Also for those interested the xct has a can-bus that works in conjunction with a 48v lithium system. It is available through lithium systems LLC only for now. I'll add pricing / detail when that company calls me back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2016, 04:39 PM   #6
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 6,476
Default Re: Curtis 1515 / ERIC system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patela2oh View Post
THANK YOU; you guys are the best.

I called alltrax this afternoon and they said it should be plug and play; I will call back and ask about the bypass method... I'll give it a shot this weekend; fingers crossed.

If anyone else has ideas / concerns etc please share. Worst case I can save someone else headache later.

Also for those interested the xct has a can-bus that works in conjunction with a 48v lithium system. It is available through lithium systems LLC only for now. I'll add pricing / detail when that company calls me back.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does Alltrax know that you're referring to the White ERIC Excel controller and not the standard grey one? I'd make extra sure about that. They called the Excel system "i2" for years. (i2 is a body style, not a drive system). I spoke directly with an engineer at Club Car about the pinouts between the grey and the white controllers and confirmed that they are different.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2016, 05:32 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 242
Default

I was pretty clear but you never know.

I'll call again tomorrow to verify.

If I do this swap what controls the Eric charger / recharging?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2016, 11:14 PM   #8
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 6,476
Default Re: Curtis 1515 / ERIC system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patela2oh View Post
I was pretty clear but you never know.

I'll call again tomorrow to verify.

If I do this swap what controls the Eric charger / recharging?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ERIC charger has a mind of it's own. You don't need to do anything to it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2016, 01:33 PM   #9
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 242
Default

Thanks for making me call / email twice. I got a email back today from alltrax help desk with this:

That version of club car is a little tricky. We are in the process of putting together an installation kit for those Club Cars with the controller mounted behind the battery box. It looks like we will be about 2 weeks out on shipping these to dealers as we are waiting for the parts to arrive. I will notify you as soon as the kit becomes available.

Thanks,
R M
Technical support/Customer service


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2016, 02:16 PM   #10
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 6,476
Default Re: Curtis 1515 / ERIC system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patela2oh View Post
Thanks for making me call / email twice. I got a email back today from alltrax help desk with this:

That version of club car is a little tricky. We are in the process of putting together an installation kit for those Club Cars with the controller mounted behind the battery box. It looks like we will be about 2 weeks out on shipping these to dealers as we are waiting for the parts to arrive. I will notify you as soon as the kit becomes available.

Thanks,
R M
Technical support/Customer service


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're welcome, but the email above does not reflect the issue I was referring to. The controller has been mounted behind the battery box since the middle of 2008. Their controllers work great on those cars and I've had zero issues installing them on those cars as long as they have either the black IQ controller or the Grey Excel controller. Your controller location is not the issue. It's the orientation of the pins within the 16 pin connector that's going to cause your issue. That's what the wire harness is for that I was telling you about earlier in this thread. The wire harness is for a 2013 Precedent with the grey Excel controller and will fit perfectly into your cart. Your Alltrax XCT will be able to plug directly into the wire harness and run. No further investigation needed. Please feel free to call me if you have any further questions. 706 836 7210
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
2011 Curtis 1515-5201 contoller for sale Golf Carts and Parts
2011 Curtis 1515-5201 stock 250 amp controller value Electric Club Car
Difference between Curtis Controller 1510-5201 and 1515-5201 Electric Club Car
Club Car Precedent Curtis Controller 1515-5201 Golf Carts and Parts
curtis 1515-5201 for sale Golf Carts and Parts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.