lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-13-2016, 11:03 AM   #61
Carts Unlimited .net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 65,692
Default Re: MY Alltrax XCT 500 Nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haftafish8780 View Post
That would be great! Hooking to the computer all the time can be such a pain
This was always the plan. It just takes time to bring a reliable user friendly product to market. I think they have done that with the XCT and their always free program software downloads
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-14-2018, 01:04 AM   #62
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 56
Default Re: MY Alltrax XCT 500 Nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This was always the plan. It just takes time to bring a reliable user friendly product to market. I think they have done that with the XCT and their always free program software downloads
I can't open link to post #56 above, reference to modifying heat sink to allow keeping rear cover over controller. I just installed controller and there is not.enough space to keep cover clipped in place.

Also the 16 pin connector is very tight, pulling on controller. Is there an extension piece for that?

Found this thread looking up cause of surging in low speed, though looks like controller has to have time to learn in cart parameters? This is 2013 precedent...

Thanks again,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
sandbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2018, 01:37 AM   #63
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 56
Default Re: MY Alltrax XCT 500 Nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbuggy View Post
I can't open link to post #56 above, reference to modifying heat sink to allow keeping rear cover over controller. I just installed controller and there is not.enough space to keep cover clipped in place.

Also the 16 pin connector is very tight, pulling on controller. Is there an extension piece for that?

Found this thread looking up cause of surging in low speed, though looks like controller has to have time to learn in cart parameters? This is 2013 precedent...

Thanks again,

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...DoeN2Rdyj5QZri

Found the paper on precedent install... Looks like need to reroute harness and modify cover. Hope I didn't put this on wrong thread...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
sandbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2018, 09:30 PM   #64
Gone Wild
 
Htownblue's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 566
Default Re: MY Alltrax XCT 500 Nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbuggy View Post
https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...DoeN2Rdyj5QZri

Found the paper on precedent install... Looks like need to reroute harness and modify cover. Hope I didn't put this on wrong thread...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I modded my cover by cutting a larger hole for wire clearance etc. and cut a gap to allow the AllTrax fan to get fresh air.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2018, 08:30 AM   #65
Carts Unlimited .net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 65,692
Default Re: MY Alltrax XCT 500 Nightmare!

The Alltrax should not be covered. There is a harness extension available from Alltrax. I don't find it necessary. Contact your dealer for one if needed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2018, 11:23 AM   #66
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 56
Default Re: MY Alltrax XCT 500 Nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The Alltrax should not be covered. There is a harness extension available from Alltrax. I don't find it necessary. Contact your dealer for one if needed.
Does water etc not get up into wire harnesses with the cover off? I only drive on wet roads occasionally though still wonder if solenoid is weather resistant etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
sandbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #67
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 103
Default Re: MY Alltrax XCT 500 Nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The Alltrax should not be covered.
For those of you that might be considering a Precedent installation, here are the manufacturers installation instructions.

https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...torial-WEB.pdf

I have not experienced any problems from following them. This includes closely monitoring the controller temperature and fan status, using the alltrax software, during long sustained runs.
1sharphook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2018, 02:07 PM   #68
Carts Unlimited .net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 65,692
Default Re: MY Alltrax XCT 500 Nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
For those of you that might be considering a Precedent installation, here are the manufacturers installation instructions.

https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...torial-WEB.pdf

I have not experienced any problems from following them. This includes closely monitoring the controller temperature and fan status, using the alltrax software, during long sustained runs.
OH GOD NO! You didn't post that link. Honestly, the manufactures install document is the worst advice anyone could get. Period.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #69
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 56
Default Re: MY Alltrax XCT 500 Nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
OH GOD NO! You didn't post that link. Honestly, the manufactures install document is the worst advice anyone could get. Period.
Which part(s) of precedent install document are you concerned with specifically Scott?

Just drove over a mile in heavy downpour without issue and cover is not clipped in.

The install document does put the fan very close to the top of the cowling which does seem questionable. Do you suggest mounting controller in different position Scott. I did not receive install instructions relating to position of controller on heat sink with controller...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
sandbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #70
Carts Unlimited .net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 65,692
Default Re: MY Alltrax XCT 500 Nightmare!

I don't agree with any part of the Alltrax install starting with the Multiflex adapter that is not needed and ending with the spacers and extensions not needed. It's a ridiculous document that makes a complex process out of a simple task. And tries to collect $50 for a couple of plastic spacers and a 12" harness adapter, which if you cut a couple of zip ties loose... is simply not needed.
Alltrax has posted video of this controller running a cart while it is submerged in a tub of water. It has built in thermo-plastic cooling towers and needs circulating air to cool. It does not need to be mounted to the CC heat sink. I and others have tossed out the heat sink and mounted the controller to the plastic splash guard.
There is no right and wrong way, I suppose. This is not rocket science. It is aftermarket modification... which sometimes in the case of larger components leads to outside the box thinking.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Wiring Nightmare Electric Club Car
05 TXT PDS Nightmare Electric EZGO
EZGO DCS Nightmare! - Please Help Electric EZGO
03 IQ nightmare Electric Club Car
'03 IQ is a still a Nightmare Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.