Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/)
-   Electric Club Car (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/)
-   -   Ausco Disc Brake Install (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/119637-ausco-disc-brake-install.html)

thompson521dc 06-20-2016 07:24 PM

Ausco Disc Brake Install
 
Everything about this install is very straight forward. My only question is can somebody please tell me how to install the brake cable extensions. When I ordered the kit from carts unlimited I added the brake cable extensions but I do not know how to install them. My left side brake cable looks like it is going to be just a little too short.

thompson521dc 06-21-2016 07:53 PM

Re: Ausco Disc Brake Install
 
5 Attachment(s)
Anybody?? Now I'm stuck. I've got the brakes mounted but the left side brake line is too short. the right side is plenty long enough? I'll attach some pics. Any help or even ideas are appreciated. The pics have pictures of the "extensions" that are included

Attachment 137623

Attachment 137624

Attachment 137625

Attachment 137626

Attachment 137627

Epb 06-21-2016 08:27 PM

Re: Ausco Disc Brake Install
 
That fitting looks like it goes in the new bracket, essentially giving the end of the sheathing a new seat. If the cable itself is still too short u will need to adjust the turnbuckle.
it would be best to loosen the entire brake cabling then fit and then adjust.

Have you emailed scottyb?

thompson521dc 06-22-2016 04:24 AM

Re: Ausco Disc Brake Install
 
Quote:

Have you emailed scottyb?

I have. He directed me here.

Thanks for your reply. I'll take a look at that after work today.

scottyb 06-22-2016 08:04 AM

Re: Ausco Disc Brake Install
 
1 Attachment(s)
I directed him here hoping somebody who had installed the extensions could help. These cable sleeve extensions go on the forward end of the cables where they mount to the equalizer.
They are shown in the install PDF by Ausco on page 8 here > http://www.auscoproducts.com/images/...structions.pdf

thompson521dc 06-22-2016 10:02 AM

Re: Ausco Disc Brake Install
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 1287744)
I directed him here hoping somebody who had installed the extensions could help. These cable sleeve extensions go on the forward end of the cables where they mount to the equalizer.
They are shown in the install PDF by Ausco on page 8 here > http://www.auscoproducts.com/images/...structions.pdf

Thanks Scotty. I went over those directions several times and I never caught that. I ended up ordering a passenger side brake cable today. The extra length should solve my problem. Thanks again.

scottyb 06-22-2016 10:16 AM

Re: Ausco Disc Brake Install
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thompson521dc (Post 1287780)
Thanks Scotty. I went over those directions several times and I never caught that. I ended up ordering a passenger side brake cable today. The extra length should solve my problem. Thanks again.

I hoped we would get some better pics from the members here. Maybe still will :thumbup:

thompson521dc 06-24-2016 06:26 PM

Re: Ausco Disc Brake Install
 
This just keeps getting better. So I get my passenger brake cable in (to put on the driver side). I'm getting my brakes adjusted and close to test driving. I push the brakes and the end pulls right off the brake cable (the brand new one). Glad it happened in my garage and not going down a steep hill.

Also I don't have the club car brake tool but a 13mm line wrench worked very well.

Anyway my friend from work is going to try to weld it back on in the morning.

teecro 06-24-2016 06:39 PM

Re: Ausco Disc Brake Install
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thompson521dc (Post 1288641)
This just keeps getting better. So I get my passenger brake cable in (to put on the driver side). I'm getting my brakes adjusted and close to test driving. I push the brakes and the end pulls right off the brake cable (the brand new one). Glad it happened in my garage and not going down a steep hill.

Also I don't have the club car brake tool but a 13mm line wrench worked very well.

Anyway my friend from work is going to try to weld it back on in the morning.

Hate to ask but was it a genuine Club Car part from a vendor here or?

thompson521dc 06-24-2016 07:13 PM

Re: Ausco Disc Brake Install
 
Everything Carts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.