lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-03-2016, 02:37 PM   #51
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 90
Default Re: Power Surging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Any Reading from B- or Purple wire should be the same, is the Purple wire connected to B-?

Any reading from the Green wire should increase when the Resistor is inline with the Green wire.

I never used the Controller Pro software, but It looks like the warnings on Alltrax site are related to to the USB-Serial adapter driver compatibility, since You have a cable that works with your system already, try the software.
Yes, the purple wire is connected to B-.
Are some of my readings off?
I have a cable at work with a driver installed on my work laptop, so I downloaded the software onto work laptop. Will try to communicate with it today.
My intention is to leave green to black with no resistor inline and bypassing the micro switch, unless you say otherwise.
Ribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #52
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,206
Default Re: Power Surging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribber View Post
Yes, the purple wire is connected to B-.
Are some of my readings off?
I have a cable at work with a driver installed on my work laptop, so I downloaded the software onto work laptop. Will try to communicate with it today.
My intention is to leave green to black with no resistor inline and bypassing the micro switch, unless you say otherwise.
You posted Yellow to B- is 7800 and the Yellow to Purple is 7900, they should have been the same if they are indeed the same connector.

You also said "Readings were identical" with or without the resistor, that is impossible on any reading taking from the Green wire as the resistor would be in series with those measurements.

I am going to assume these were just oversights...

Your readings are otherwise within the proper range for all of the measurements.

You are correct on the proposed changes to the wiring and disabling HPD on the controller.
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #53
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 90
Default Re: Power Surging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You posted Yellow to B- is 7800 and the Yellow to Purple is 7900, they should have been the same if they are indeed the same connector.

You also said "Readings were identical" with or without the resistor, that is impossible on any reading taking from the Green wire as the resistor would be in series with those measurements.

I am going to assume these were just oversights...

Your readings are otherwise within the proper range for all of the measurements.

You are correct on the proposed changes to the wiring and disabling HPD on the controller.
The 7800 was a typo.
But the readings were the same with/without resistor.
For the sake of testing, I was using a jumper with clips on ends. Maybe the resistor leads weren't getting a good connection?
Regardless, if I get the HPD disabled and the cart operates, I won't use a resistor.
Ribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2016, 06:25 PM   #54
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 90
Default Re: Power Surging?

Just my luck, the RS232 end on my cable won't fit into the Alltrax hole where the port is (pic). I'm assuming I need to buy a cable? Can you recommend one that will work with this controller and Windows 7? No Radio Shack here, so will probably have to order.
I know these cables/drivers can be finicky according to the application. We've had trouble with them at work before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161003_180948.jpg (225.4 KB, 0 views)
Ribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2016, 06:43 PM   #55
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rio Verde, Az
Posts: 2,512
Default Re: Power Surging?

My Alltrax has a USB port not RS232.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2016, 06:45 PM   #56
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,206
Default Re: Power Surging?

Since the difficult part is finding a cable/driver to work on the older operating systems, I would keep the cable you have.

Just buy a DB9 extension cable, they are as little as $1.50 as "add on" items or $5 items on Amazon prime.
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2016, 07:14 PM   #57
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 90
Default Re: Power Surging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Since the difficult part is finding a cable/driver to work on the older operating systems, I would keep the cable you have.

Just buy a DB9 extension cable, they are as little as $1.50 as "add on" items or $5 items on Amazon prime.
I can't get the software to recognize the controller. The cable/serial adapter I have works (does on work equipment anyway) and is recognized on my PC. I am pressing the pedal to power the controller and get LED blinks, but they will not talk. Any suggestions? I followed the instructions on Alltrax site and don't see why it won't communicate.
Alltrax does recommend a certain brand cable/driver, so maybe I should order it?
Ribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2016, 08:32 PM   #58
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,206
Default Re: Power Surging?

Just to double check, the pedal power comes from the FNR micro-switch, so if you are on Neutral, the micro-switch needs to be manually depressed while the pedal is down.

Hopefully one the folks that has the Controller Pro software will chime in to confirm the usb-serial adapters known to work.
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2016, 08:41 PM   #59
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 90
Default Re: Power Surging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Just to double check, the pedal power comes from the FNR micro-switch, so if you are on Neutral, the micro-switch needs to be manually depressed while the pedal is down.

Hopefully one the folks that has the Controller Pro software will chime in to confirm the usb-serial adapters known to work.
I had it in Forward with the rear jacked up (in case it decided to take off). The LED's lit up, so I'm assuming I had power at the controller.
Ribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2016, 03:12 PM   #60
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 430
Default Re: Power Surging?

If the HPD is the issue you can eliminate it by splicing in a wire between the key switch and MCOR micro switch and taking it directly to the controller small pin 1, just unplug the existing red wire. It means that when you turn on the key it powers up the controller before the micro witch in the MCOR is activated by the pedal movement. I did that to my NPX controller to eliminate HDP problems that Alltrax advised another contributor was an occasional issue with Club Cars. Have had no further problem for 5 yrs.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
G16 surging Electric Yamaha
02 Txt surging Electric EZGO
Surging CC Electric Club Car
Power surging headlights? Gas Yamaha
G22 surging Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.