lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-09-2017, 09:57 PM   #21
revolutiongolfcars.com
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 9,793
Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Hahahahaha.. Tell me how you really feel about them.. All jokes aside thats what I like to hear. I dont know much about this so I have to rely on someone who does. I give you a call tomorrow and again thanks for the help..
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:51 PM   #22
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

I got kind of frustrated with the cart and had a lot of other work to do so I pushed it aside for a while. I do not mind to replace all the parts but do not want to if it is just something simple.

Can someone tell me how to test the solenoids on my cart. It has 2 different solenoids. One on the right that the positive from the batteries comes into and one on the left side of the controller. If these test good then I have no choice but to just replace it all I guess.. Thanks for the help
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2017, 06:14 PM   #23
Old Sky Soldier
 
mrgolf's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,624
Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

The solenoid on the left is for dynamatic braking. It has a coil on it. The cart will run just fine without it. To check to see if it is your problem just hook both large cables to the same side and it is out of the system.
To check the solenoid unhook the wires and using jumpers run a wire from pack positive to one of the small thermals, and another from pack negative to the other small one. When connected the solenoid should click and close. Once it is closed you should have connection between the two large post. If you have this you need to find why it is not getting power under normal operation. If it does not click and have connection it is bad and needs replaced. If the right one is bad you can switch it with the left one and the cart will likely run. The coil stays on the left side.
mrgolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2017, 07:56 PM   #24
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

I ran the jumpers to the solenoid and it clicks Everytime. When I hook everything back up and use the pedal it clicks sometimes and sometimes not???
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #25
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

I went ahead and checked the solenoid on the left and it clicks too.
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2017, 08:16 PM   #26
Old Sky Soldier
 
mrgolf's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,624
Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

When the solenoid clicks does the cart run?
mrgolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #27
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

No sir. My dad was actually driving it and I was standing there watching him come to me and it just stopped. I have been fooling with it since. I don't mind scrapping the entire electrical if I have too but don't want to miss something simple
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2017, 08:51 PM   #28
revolutiongolfcars.com
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 9,793
Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
No sir. My dad was actually driving it and I was standing there watching him come to me and it just stopped. I have been fooling with it since. I don't mind scrapping the entire electrical if I have too but don't want to miss something simple
That system is very unreliable and outdated. They only used it for a few years. If it runs sometimes, but not others, it's very possible you simply have a throttle device issue. Does your 2000 have an MCOR on it or a V-Glide under the seat?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #29
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 28
Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

Mine has the v-glide.. I actually took it apart and looked at it not really knowing what I was looking at and it looked like the brushes were making contact good. If that is how you explain it...
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2017, 12:02 AM   #30
revolutiongolfcars.com
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 9,793
Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Mine has the v-glide.. I actually took it apart and looked at it not really knowing what I was looking at and it looked like the brushes were making contact good. If that is how you explain it...
I was going to suggest replacing the MCOR first before we went ahead with the entire conversion kit, since it's part of the kit. But the V-Glides are pretty bulletproof. I doubt that's your issue. It's about a 99% chance of controller failure and a 1% chance of something else. Take it off and use it for a boat anchor. Put something on your cart that's gonna work like you want it to.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Club Car trouble shooting web site Electric Club Car
1996 club car ds electrical trouble shooting Electric Club Car
Help Trouble shooting 2002 Club Car Electric Club Car
Trouble shooting club car Gas Club Car
2000 TXT trouble shooting chart says my controller is bad, any help? Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.