lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-15-2018, 03:17 PM   #1
Gone Wild
 
jsmith294's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 156
Default Proliferation of six seat carts...

While on North Captiva Island over the holiday break there seemed to be a massive proliferation of six-seat carts (two forward facing rows of two each plus one two-passenger flip seat facing rearward). On earlier visits I had noticed only a handful of six seaters, (maybe five), but on this trip there must have been 20 running around. A lot them were Precedents and may have been new (it's tough to tell on the island because of the layer of dust that instantaneously covers EVERYTHING on the roads), but there also quite a few DXs running around.

I know there are some six-seat conversion kits available. They seem quite expensive (around $2k). New CC Villager 6s (which appear to be six-seat versions of the DX) run around $12k stripped down (no hubcaps or roof)! I guess some of our neighbors are spending their tax cut...

Do any of the conversion kits stand out in terms of value or appearance? A lot of them apparently splice the frame with bolted sections ("no welds"). Has anybody had any luck with a DIY conversion?

Thanks.
jsmith294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 01-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
Nsane's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 338
Default Re: Proliferation of six seat carts...

CC or Madjax which are the same are worth the money and ease of the kit. Done a few now and seem to get easier, lol. David at Revolution golf cart has them and is very helpful.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
Htownblue's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 650
Default Re: Proliferation of six seat carts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith294 View Post
While on North Captiva Island over the holiday break there seemed to be a massive proliferation of six-seat carts (two forward facing rows of two each plus one two-passenger flip seat facing rearward). On earlier visits I had noticed only a handful of six seaters, (maybe five), but on this trip there must have been 20 running around. A lot them were Precedents and may have been new (it's tough to tell on the island because of the layer of dust that instantaneously covers EVERYTHING on the roads), but there also quite a few DXs running around.

I know there are some six-seat conversion kits available. They seem quite expensive (around $2k). New CC Villager 6s (which appear to be six-seat versions of the DX) run around $12k stripped down (no hubcaps or roof)! I guess some of our neighbors are spending their tax cut...

Do any of the conversion kits stand out in terms of value or appearance? A lot of them apparently splice the frame with bolted sections ("no welds"). Has anybody had any luck with a DIY conversion?

Thanks.
I did a conversion recently for around 1700. Plus the cost of the extended top. Not a hugely difficult job. Most of the extension kits are relatively close, while quality may vary depending upon the manufacturer. Dave can help you. Bought mine from him. Did a thread on it a few weeks back.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #4
Gone Wild
 
LukeL's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 2,053
Default Re: Proliferation of six seat carts...

I just did an ezgo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2018, 05:10 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
hdradioeng's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 48
Default Re: Proliferation of six seat carts...

Funny you post this, my latest project is a 6 seat DS, but all forward facing.

It's an electrical mess right now but I like messes. I think the appeal is if you have one, your buddies can join, vs a 2 seater like my DS in my avatar.

I know that was my justification,
hdradioeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
jsmith294's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 156
Default Re: Proliferation of six seat carts...

Wife and I have six kids, so we could use an extra pair of seats. Believe it or not, we've had six people onboard (with a little side overhang)... and me being towed on a bike by hanging on to a vertical roof support! People stare! If we can ever pick up a decent used backup cart at a decent price I believe I'll pull the trigger on a an extension.
jsmith294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
jsmith294's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 156
Default Re: Proliferation of six seat carts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdradioeng View Post
Funny you post this, my latest project is a 6 seat DS, but all forward facing.

It's an electrical mess right now but I like messes. I think the appeal is if you have one, your buddies can join, vs a 2 seater like my DS in my avatar.

I know that was my justification,
Sounds great! How 'bout a build thread?
jsmith294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #8
Gone Wild
 
jsmith294's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 156
Default Re: Proliferation of six seat carts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
I did a conversion recently for around 1700. Plus the cost of the extended top. Not a hugely difficult job. Most of the extension kits are relatively close, while quality may vary depending upon the manufacturer. Dave can help you. Bought mine from him. Did a thread on it a few weeks back.
Thanks for the reply; the thread is giving me some good links and ideas. I also saw your recent thread on the blacked-out Precedent. It is great! Such attention to detail. Hard to believe that thing started out as a mild mannered stock precedent!
jsmith294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2018, 04:43 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild
 
hdradioeng's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 48
Default Re: Proliferation of six seat carts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith294 View Post
Sounds great! How 'bout a build thread?
I have to figure out why the pictures of my last build disappeared. But I will gladly do another!
hdradioeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
Htownblue's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 650
Default Re: Proliferation of six seat carts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith294 View Post
Thanks for the reply; the thread is giving me some good links and ideas. I also saw your recent thread on the blacked-out Precedent. It is great! Such attention to detail. Hard to believe that thing started out as a mild mannered stock precedent!
Yeah it was a total extreme cart makeover. PM me if you have any questions. Happy to help.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Carts with seat belts Gas EZGO
Photos needed of Precedent King of carts rear seat Electric Club Car
Trademark carts rear seat kit Electric Club Car
six seat pargo golf utility carts Electric EZGO
Where to find a seat support or junk carts? Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.