lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #31
Gone Wild
 
E36Racer's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,055
Default Re: New Drop-in Lithium Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSSBoyd View Post
Hold off on lithium for now. The weight distribution is thrown off making carts unsafe, especially when lifted.


Sent from my SM-T387AA using Tapatalk


Not sure who told you this fear mongering information. Could not be further from the truth.

Weight distribution is probably better. I didnít scale mine but itís much closer to 50/50 front/rear with the lithium pack. Whereas with the lead acid it was heavy in the rear. And itís lifted, and has 300+lbs removed from above the axles so that also lowers the center of gravity substantially. If you do some research about designing and setting up race car suspensions, better front/rear balance and lower COG are big improvements that add stability (i.e. safety).

My leaf upgrade was well worth the investment and Iíve never looked back. Itís been about 18 months without a hiccup and I use my cart almost daily (street legal here in FL) to run all my local errands and go to friends houses.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #32
Gone Wild
 
E36Racer's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,055
Default Re: New Drop-in Lithium Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieInSeattle View Post
I dont have enough time to go the Chevy Volt/DIY route so am looking for a drop-in solution. Seems like there are a few options out there ranging from "big metal boxes with all the stuff inside" through to the Relion Insight series and Trojans products. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.



I have a 48v Precedent and had a question on two different setups from Relion:

https://www.pgashow.com/__novadocume...32643688930000

I only need ~60Ah (plenty for 18 holes and .5 of a mile to and from home). So I think I could go with 2x of their 48v batteries in Parallel or 2x of their 24V in Series. While the voltages and Ah'ers will be the same, the other numbers are different - what are the advantages/disadvantges between those two routes assuming the pricing is the same? Specifically talking about the following differences (between 2x24v vs 2x48v) in above linked file on second to last page:

- Continuous Discharge Current

- Discharge Current

- Maximum Discharge Current



Thanks!

Matt


2 of the 48 in parallel will double the amp discharge capability of the pack when 2x24 in series will only have the amp output the cells are rated for. For example, if they are rated for 100amp max discharge current, two batteries in parallel can handle 200amp max discharge, but in series are only 100amp. Also if both batteries are of the same overall capacity, the 48s in parallel will be double the capacity of the 24s in series.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #33
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 20
Default Re: New Drop-in Lithium Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
2 of the 48 in parallel will double the amp discharge capability of the pack when 2x24 in series will only have the amp output the cells are rated for. For example, if they are rated for 100amp max discharge current, two batteries in parallel can handle 200amp max discharge, but in series are only 100amp. Also if both batteries are of the same overall capacity, the 48s in parallel will be double the capacity of the 24s in series.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks E36 - very helpful. I have the AllTrax XCT500IQ and an A2 motor and 400amp solenoid. With a 200amp max discharge setup (2x48v Relion Insights), is that enough max discharge amps for the A2 or does it draw more? Could I get away with max 100amp draw batteries with the A2? I cant find any amp draw specs on the A2 apart from 10hp. I assume the AllTrax can be setup to only supply whatever the batteries can handle (100 or 200amp) but not sure if that means I am not fully utilizing what the A2 is currently giving me with the traditional lead acid battery setup?
AussieInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2019, 04:23 PM   #34
Gone Wild
 
E36Racer's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,055
Default Re: New Drop-in Lithium Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieInSeattle View Post
Thanks E36 - very helpful. I have the AllTrax XCT500IQ and an A2 motor and 400amp solenoid. With a 200amp max discharge setup (2x48v Relion Insights), is that enough max discharge amps for the A2 or does it draw more? Could I get away with max 100amp draw batteries with the A2? I cant find any amp draw specs on the A2 apart from 10hp. I assume the AllTrax can be setup to only supply whatever the batteries can handle (100 or 200amp) but not sure if that means I am not fully utilizing what the A2 is currently giving me with the traditional lead acid battery setup?


Is that 200max Ďconstantí amp draw or Ďpeakí? My Executioner pulls about 400amps for a split second when jumping on it from a dead stop. It quickly goes under 200 amps. I donít know what kind of power the A2 draws but would guess itís probably close. You can set the max battery amps in the Alltrax. But I have mine at the max. If your batteries are 100 amp constant rated I think you will be fine. At cruise my motor only draws 50-60 amps at 27mph. At top speed itís more like 130-140amps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #35
Gone Wild
 
Hunter450's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 400
Default Re: New Drop-in Lithium Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieInSeattle View Post
Thanks E36 - very helpful. I have the AllTrax XCT500IQ and an A2 motor and 400amp solenoid. With a 200amp max discharge setup (2x48v Relion Insights), is that enough max discharge amps for the A2 or does it draw more? Could I get away with max 100amp draw batteries with the A2? I cant find any amp draw specs on the A2 apart from 10hp. I assume the AllTrax can be setup to only supply whatever the batteries can handle (100 or 200amp) but not sure if that means I am not fully utilizing what the A2 is currently giving me with the traditional lead acid battery setup?
Aussie- I'm going through the same thought process with my A4. There is a setting in the Alltrax tool kit where you can have the XCT limit the amp draw from the pack. The 12 volt drop in lithiums I'm considering have a 100 amp max continuous discharge rating. I don't have a windows machine to run the tool kit but it would be interesting if someone could try that setting even with FLA pack and report the changes. Here is a chart on the Admiral motors FWIW.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Admiral Motor Specs.pdf (211.6 KB, 0 views)
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #36
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 20
Default Re: New Drop-in Lithium Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
Aussie- I'm going through the same thought process with my A4. There is a setting in the Alltrax tool kit where you can have the XCT limit the amp draw from the pack. The 12 volt drop in lithiums I'm considering have a 100 amp max continuous discharge rating. I don't have a windows machine to run the tool kit but it would be interesting if someone could try that setting even with FLA pack and report the changes. Here is a chart on the Admiral motors FWIW.
Thanks for the attachment - looks like I'm fine with the A2 as it is <=88 Amps. Which drop in pack are you looking at?
AussieInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #37
Gone Wild
 
Hunter450's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 400
Default Re: New Drop-in Lithium Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieInSeattle View Post
Thanks for the attachment - looks like I'm fine with the A2 as it is <=88 Amps. Which drop in pack are you looking at?
I'm entertaining a 4 -12v arrangement so I can also use them in my fishing boat on the 2 occasions per year I use my boat. The brand is IONIC and not cheap but easier to justify if I can kill 2 birds with the one stone. I've got a call into Alltrax support to discuss as well.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #38
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 20
Default Re: New Drop-in Lithium Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
I'm entertaining a 4 -12v arrangement so I can also use them in my fishing boat on the 2 occasions per year I use my boat. The brand is IONIC and not cheap but easier to justify if I can kill 2 birds with the one stone. I've got a call into Alltrax support to discuss as well.
Did you make any progress on this? I haven't :-)
AussieInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Lithium ion batteries Electric Club Car
Lithium Ion Batteries Extreme DC!
Anyone using lithium batteries? Extreme DC!
Lithium Batteries Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.