lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #461
Gone Wild
 
golf cart man's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 786
Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminsc View Post
AS stated before, here in SC you have to have insurance,fill out a simple form, pay 5.00 and you get a sticker to place on the cart. You are restricted to 4 miles from your residence and may travel roads posted 35mph or lower.
I wish the FL process were that easy
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #462
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: S. Fl
Posts: 237
Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
i see you're also in south florida, do you prefer one DMV over another since you have some experience with them?
The closest one is the Margate one, that is where I went and then once in Deland for another cart in the area. The line is really the worst thing in Margate once they review all your paperwork you can get an appointment for the actual inspection. The paperwork review is the PIA because if you have one receipt missing you have to come back. They don’t give you any slack, they are helpful and nice but strict. So I would say bring everyone you have and outline it on the form it ask for it on. If in doubt bring it. You don’t need the insurance until you are getting your tag. WORD OF CAUTION, make sure you get full auto insurance and NOT golf cart insurance. The insurance companies try to give you the best price and most agents do not understand that your golf cart is not a cart in the State’s eyes anymore. It is a ASP assembled from parts (auto). I got insurance from Safeco thought it was good but my license was suspended as soon as the State looked at their policy. I had to then get auto insurance from another company in order to get my DL reinstated. So beware of non compliance insurance. Florida will suspend and then ask questions on that issue.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2017, 03:38 PM   #463
Cave Dweller
 
Swan's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Always On The Move
Posts: 8,388
Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

I did most mine over in tampa. Was pretty easy , went in with my paperwork . they went over it, went out side drove it to the front , they did the inspection , went back in they printed out my title and off to insurance company ,then DMV.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #464
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: S. Fl
Posts: 237
Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
I did most mine over in tampa. Was pretty easy , went in with my paperwork . they went over it, went out side drove it to the front , they did the inspection , went back in they printed out my title and off to insurance company ,then DMV.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk
Yea, down here they made me make two different appointments…
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2017, 06:53 PM   #465
Gone Wild
 
golf cart man's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 786
Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Well after an hour on the phone with supervisors I finally got my answer. I was transferred to the state compliance manager with Florida Highway motor vehicles. My situation is unique because my cart was an LSV from the factory. It already has a 17 digit VIN #, it already has a plaque with the gross vehicle weight, National Highway safety equipment conformation statement, etc. It was Western Golf Cars Neighborhood elective vehicle LSV. It has everything from the factory. I had no receipts and it wasn't assembled from parts so it really threw them off. Long story short, the manager explained to me the easiest way is to get a MCO (manufacturers certificate of Origin) basically he says its like a birth certificate for a car. Have the manufacturer give me that and I can then bring that with the bill of sale and apply for the title. It works out because when he ran the vin it comes back to the LSV but it has never been registered before in any state. So no inspection, no receipts and very little paperwork. When I heard I needed an MCO I thought i was toast because I didn't think western was still building carts that much these days. I sent them an email and within 20 mins I got a reply. I was in shock. I should have my MCO in a week or so.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #466
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: S. Fl
Posts: 237
Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
Well after an hour on the phone with supervisors I finally got my answer. I was transferred to the state compliance manager with Florida Highway motor vehicles. My situation is unique because my cart was an LSV from the factory. It already has a 17 digit VIN #, it already has a plaque with the gross vehicle weight, National Highway safety equipment conformation statement, etc. It was Western Golf Cars Neighborhood elective vehicle LSV. It has everything from the factory. I had no receipts and it wasn't assembled from parts so it really threw them off. Long story short, the manager explained to me the easiest way is to get a MCO (manufacturers certificate of Origin) basically he says its like a birth certificate for a car. Have the manufacturer give me that and I can then bring that with the bill of sale and apply for the title. It works out because when he ran the vin it comes back to the LSV but it has never been registered before in any state. So no inspection, no receipts and very little paperwork. When I heard I needed an MCO I thought i was toast because I didn't think western was still building carts that much these days. I sent them an email and within 20 mins I got a reply. I was in shock. I should have my MCO in a week or so.

Don’t you just love it, when things come together without being a pain.
flharleycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #467
Gone Wild
 
golf cart man's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 786
Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Now we just have to hope that whoever I get accepts what this guy says with no quarrels. You know how the DMV can be.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2017, 06:57 AM   #468
Cave Dweller
 
Swan's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Always On The Move
Posts: 8,388
Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

glad to found that out , it should make life a lot easier . I knew there had to be way around all the paperwork and inspection for you. Keep us updated as far as the DMV goes next week .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #469
Not Yet Wild
 
ZLM Customs's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Davie FL
Posts: 70
Default Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

It's a process if you don't have everything needed, I've done 6 this month in south Florida with no issues PM me and I'll be happy to assist


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZLM Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #470
Gone Wild
 
golf cart man's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 786
Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLM Customs View Post
It's a process if you don't have everything needed, I've done 6 this month in south Florida with no issues PM me and I'll be happy to assist


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks Wow that is a lot of DMV for a few years lol
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
New Feature Street Legal Announcements
Making cart street legal? Electric EZGO
street legal? Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.