lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 29
Default Correct Camber Settings Question

I am installing an AllSports 7.5 lift on my '01 CC Carryall I. The directions say to set the camber.

I know what camber is and I know how to adjust it.

My question is should it be ||, /\, or \/ and if it is not || then how much in or out?

btw

I hope I can get this thing out of the garage without hitting the roof when I am done. I would hate to have to cut a hole in the garage....
6.8mmSPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
dirtysouth's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: P-COLA
Posts: 1,176
Smile Re: Correct Camber Settings Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.8mmSPC View Post
I am installing an AllSports 7.5 lift on my '01 CC Carryall I. The directions say to set the camber.

I know what camber is and I know how to adjust it.

My question is should it be ||, /\, or \/ and if it is not || then how much in or out?

btw

I hope I can get this thing out of the garage without hitting the roof when I am done. I would hate to have to cut a hole in the garage....
The camber setting is to your liking. There is no pre set camber.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
A-DMIN
 
chevyrules05's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Posts: 626
Default Re: Correct Camber Settings Question

if you don't want buy alot of tires keep it ||
chevyrules05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 12:52 AM   #4
Gone Wild
 
dirtysouth's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: P-COLA
Posts: 1,176
Smile Re: Correct Camber Settings Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrules05 View Post
if you don't want buy alot of tires keep it ||
Haven't ever seen camber eat tires ( Unless it is extreme ).
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 01:02 AM   #5
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: waldo,wisconsin
Posts: 5,401
Default Re: Correct Camber Settings Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
Haven't ever seen camber eat tires ( Unless it is extreme ).
thats right! to much toe in or out is what eats tires
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 01:08 AM   #6
Gone Wild
 
dirtysouth's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: P-COLA
Posts: 1,176
Smile Re: Correct Camber Settings Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzamaker View Post
thats right! to much toe in or out is what eats tires
Thank You Sir...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #7
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Correct Camber Settings Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzamaker View Post
thats right! to much toe in or out is what eats tires

That's correct! The more your toes get into and out of the cart the more you're using your cart so the more your tires will wear! Also the more toes in the cart the heavier the cart becomes which will also leads to tire wear. In both cases though the fun aspect of using the cart offsets the extra tire wear.


Just kidding of course... except for the fun part!!!!

PS... Great Products> Allsports!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #8
Gone Wild
 
OLD MEC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Texas
Posts: 2,391
Default Re: Correct Camber Settings Question

I dont know what factory settings are, but I have always set my CAMBER 3/8"- 1/2" in at bottom of tire using a carpenters square and TOE IN at 1/4" by making a mark on the center of tread on each wheel and then adjusting tie rod ends and that dosn't seems to get any unusual wear.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 29
Default Re: Correct Camber Settings Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
I dont know what factory settings are, but I have always set my CAMBER 3/8"- 1/2" in at bottom of tire using a carpenters square and TOE IN at 1/4" by making a mark on the center of tread on each wheel and then adjusting tie rod ends and that dosn't seems to get any unusual wear.
Thanks Old Mec - that at least gives me a starting point.
6.8mmSPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #10
Gone Wild
 
dirtysouth's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: P-COLA
Posts: 1,176
Smile Re: Correct Camber Settings Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.8mmSPC View Post
Thanks Old Mec - that at least gives me a starting point.
Sorry 6.8... I guess I was being a bit vague. We set them up similar to Old Mec. Framing square on side of tire. I like to leave 1/16- 1/8" gap at the bottom of the tire. Do a base toe setting and then set your camber. Drive the cart and reset your toe to 0-1/8" in at the front. The closer you set to 0, the better the cart will handle at speeds.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Module settings Electric Club Car
camber adjustment Electric Club Car
Alignment (Camber) Electric Club Car
FE290 Carb settings Gas Club Car
Precedent speed settings Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.