lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-05-2009, 04:23 PM   #51
just hangin' around
 
oxfordlawn's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oxford Flo-Rida
Posts: 1,102
Default Re: Will this 12V boost theory work

Next weekend when Tracies gone...then she cant b*tch...er I mean comment I will stock the fridge
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 06-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #52
just hangin' around
 
oxfordlawn's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oxford Flo-Rida
Posts: 1,102
Default Re: Will this 12V boost theory work

OK so the 6 terminal solenoid is a flip-flop type solenoid so only one of the red wires in drawing would make contact at a time, with that will this diagram get me what Im looking for---will diodes be needed and if so, where? I am still looking for a final "looks OK" , and then I will go for it and get parts on the way. Thanks again for all the input
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #53
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Will this 12V boost theory work

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordlawn View Post
OK so the 6 terminal solenoid is a flip-flop type solenoid so only one of the red wires in drawing would make contact at a time, with that will this diagram get me what Im looking for---will diodes be needed and if so, where? I am still looking for a final "looks OK" , and then I will go for it and get parts on the way. Thanks again for all the input

Ox, If the bottom cables in red are in the Always On with the "6" solenoid and the top red cables going to the extra battery are on after your momentary booster switch is pressed activating the solenoid, then yes it looks correct. As long as what you explained before, (only one set can be on at any given time with that special "6" terminal solenoid.) Diode's on the second/extra battery side, (just after the solenoid,) would be an extra precaution for a failed solenoid.

Hopefully someone would chime in if this is not correct and EXPLAIN why this should not be done. Kinda sorta maybe what BGW is all about... right?
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #54
just leave me alone
 
GLEEMO's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,643
Default Re: Will this 12V boost theory work

Hey OX not wanting to be difficult , but to err on the side of caution.
Could you show the 3 cables which will always be on when the key is on and the cart is in gear (no Boost) in one color (black).
Then show the other cables with a different color in red which must be on when the boost Switch is depressed, with an X through the ones no longer making contact .
This would clarify it for me (I hope) .
It may take 2 drawings ?
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #55
just hangin' around
 
oxfordlawn's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oxford Flo-Rida
Posts: 1,102
Default Re: Will this 12V boost theory work

ok here you go with a different colored wire version. Its a double ended solenoid, one side normally closed(non boost battery side) and a normally open side(boost battery side) so the green cable is the regular circuit(non boost) and the red cable would be the boosted side. I didn't quite understand where you meant ScubaBud as to where I may want to put a Diode or two. I think this should work. I would like to wire a pushbutton on the floor or steeriing wheel for activation and a micro switch on the throttle linkage somehow to only allow full throttle activation so to not burn up the coils-MAYBE

Hey the way I see it, I am going to need a controller and PB-6 sooner or later, so if I burn something up...it will be sooner
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #56
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Will this 12V boost theory work

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordlawn View Post
ok here you go with a different colored wire version. Its a double ended solenoid, one side normally closed(non boost battery side) and a normally open side(boost battery side) so the green cable is the regular circuit(non boost) and the red cable would be the boosted side. I didn't quite understand where you meant ScubaBud as to where I may want to put a Diode or two. I think this should work. I would like to wire a pushbutton on the floor or steeriing wheel for activation and a micro switch on the throttle linkage somehow to only allow full throttle activation so to not burn up the coils-MAYBE

Hey the way I see it, I am going to need a controller and PB-6 sooner or later, so if I burn something up...it will be sooner
Ox, The diode, (if you wanted to install,) should be between the solenoid (red cable,) and the booster battery (-). This way if by chance the solenoid messed up you're not feeding anything back from the booster battery into the original system. (How much are those diodes that can handle that amount of amps???)

A micro switch off the pedal so when fully depressed your Booster Switch circuit would be complete to the solenoid. As you mentioned before if the vglide was on two pads at the same time would be a no-no, so that the micro switch ON position would have to be at the peddles end travel ONLY.

Or be done with it and build a 72 volt cart once and for all!!!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #57
just hangin' around
 
oxfordlawn's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oxford Flo-Rida
Posts: 1,102
Default Re: Will this 12V boost theory work

OK thanks Scuba, GMor and others
The lift and tires will be going on this weekend coming up, so after that I will decide about the boost setup or which way to go. I am a little concerned about how the 36V Plum Quick rewind will turn those tires, so I was getting ready with alternate plans.. I enjoyed the wiring setup development with all the help and I think the final plan is done here so, if needed I am ready to go
Honestly, I cant wait for Friday to get going on this lift kit
Maybe A "badboy" Plum Quick rewind will be in order if its really horrible, and then will come the controller and pb-6 redo that ScottyB and others had suggested I do from way back on day 1 with this cart. But what fun would that have been I have learned so much, these experiences are invaluable
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #58
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Will this 12V boost theory work

Well you're sure going to have a lot of fun next weekend! Good luck with everything and I would wait to see how she performs once everything is on!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #59
What the.....?
 
lockman1's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: N.E. Wisconsin
Posts: 11,371
Default Re: Will this 12V boost theory work

If... IF you decide to try the boost battery...

I'm wondering... maybe if you tried a HD "momentary" double pole switch,
(one pole normally open, and one pole normally closed)
rather then a solenoid, (kinda like a NOS button)

That way you wouldn't have boost every time you get to WOT,
Or, worry about the Vglide "double contact"

If it were me... I'd go with the proven way, PB6, controller, motor, etc.

lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #60
just hangin' around
 
oxfordlawn's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oxford Flo-Rida
Posts: 1,102
Default Re: Will this 12V boost theory work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
If... IF you decide to try the boost battery...

I'm wondering... maybe if you tried a HD "momentary" double pole switch,
(one pole normally open, and one pole normally closed)
rather then a solenoid, (kinda like a NOS button)

That way you wouldn't have boost every time you get to WOT,
Or, worry about the Vglide "double contact"

If it were me... I'd go with the proven way, PB6, controller, motor, etc.


thanks for the input Lockman
I had mentioned much earlier but only briefly so you probably missed it, that I was thinking of a microswitch/limt switch mounted that would close at WOT(somehow mounted on or near linkage) only and then have a pushbotton on the wheel or floor such as a horn button to activate the "boost " when I wanted it, but could only work and activate at WOT due to the limit switch. SO in essence as you stated a NOS button

I understand I could esaily do the controller and pb-6 which will happen eventually, but what fun would that be doing it the safe/right way immediately. Also if this motor totally dogs with the tires (23" Allltrails) then I will have no choice but do motor/controller combo anyway and this whole process is out the window
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Roady89's Controller Boost Extreme DC!
Will it work? Big Block Talk!
36 Volt EZ-Go, boost of power, put a 12-Volt car battery in it? Electric EZGO
would like to add a 12v boost with switch to 79 resistor cart Extreme DC!
Boost or permenant 72v Extreme DC!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.