Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/)
-   Electric Club Car (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/)
-   -   Charger Problem? (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-club-car/17966-charger-problem.html)

blaynef13 06-07-2009 06:18 PM

Charger Problem?
 
Howdy All!

I have a 2004 48V CC IQ. When I plug it in, the charger comes on and goes all the way over to 15 and then it cycles off after about 1 minute. It is a PowerWise charger. I checked the batteries and they are all between 8.23 and 8.26V and the full pack reads 49.6V. The batteries are all new Trojan T-875s. I put 2ga cables on it yesterday and that was when i noticed it. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for any help.
BAF

scubabud 06-07-2009 06:27 PM

Re: Charger Problem?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaynef13 (Post 213677)
Howdy All!

I have a 2004 48V CC IQ. When I plug it in, the charger comes on and goes all the way over to 15 and then it cycles off after about 1 minute. It is a PowerWise charger. I checked the batteries and they are all between 8.23 and 8.26V and the full pack reads 49.6V. The batteries are all new Trojan T-875s. I put 2ga cables on it yesterday and that was when i noticed it. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for any help.
BAF

What about the OBC, did you change the wire going through it as well?, (very tight fit for a 2 gauge welding wire!) Did you not put one through the OBC? You must have that lead going in the right direction for the charger to turn on. My cart is an 06 and shows the Negative lead disconnected, and most likely, a different OBC but, basically the same scenario.

blaynef13 06-07-2009 06:36 PM

Re: Charger Problem?
 
Thanks, Scubabud. No, I didn't change that one. I only changed all of the ones on the batteries, controller, and motor. What should I do now?

Thanks,
BAF

scubabud 06-07-2009 06:49 PM

Re: Charger Problem?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaynef13 (Post 213685)
Thanks, Scubabud. No, I didn't change that one. I only changed all of the ones on the batteries, controller, and motor. What should I do now?

Thanks,
BAF

So the direction is exactly the way it was, with the main negative lead from the battery going through the OBC and back to the controller? I thought that would be it for sure since the charger is coming on it when it sensed your pack voltage. How about your DC connection, (round plug on cart,) as well as the male cord plugs, are they clean making a good connection? And I know that you must have checked your wiring but I would look once more and make sure it's like what the attached picture shows.

Since the only thing you did was change the battery cables you must look at those again as well as anything you might have changed or bumped/moved by accident. Also do you have a friend with a CC to test your charger with?

blaynef13 06-07-2009 06:58 PM

Re: Charger Problem?
 
I changed the wires one at a time to make sure I got them back on correctly. I don't know anyone else with a CC to check my charger but it was working fine until I did this. I figured i would screw something up when i went to working on it. I'll let it sit and fiddle with it some more tomorrow afternoon. I appreciate your help and let me know if you think of anything else.

scubabud 06-07-2009 07:09 PM

Re: Charger Problem?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaynef13 (Post 213693)
I changed the wires one at a time to make sure I got them back on correctly. I don't know anyone else with a CC to check my charger but it was working fine until I did this. I figured i would screw something up when i went to working on it. I'll let it sit and fiddle with it some more tomorrow afternoon. I appreciate your help and let me know if you think of anything else.

I hope someone else chimes in here as well...


Well maybe one more thing... what is the voltage at the female plug on your cart? Please use your voltmeter on it and let me know using only that for both positive and negative and then using the positive from that plug and the negative from your main (-) lead on the last battery.

GLEEMO 06-08-2009 10:37 AM

Re: Charger Problem?
 
With Brand New Batteries perhaps the charger id telling you the pack is completely
charged.
Does cart run ?
If yes drive it for 15 minutes or so , then try charging again !

blaynef13 06-08-2009 11:08 AM

Re: Charger Problem?
 
They are about two months old. I rode it Saturday for a while and then plugged it in to charge. Got back out there and the charger was off so i figured it was completey charged. I rode for a little while (30 mins or so) and the light started blinking like the batteries were low. That is when i checked the voltage and then plugged it back in and noticed that the charger was cycling off. Does that help any?

Thanks,
BAF

blaynef13 06-08-2009 11:09 AM

Re: Charger Problem?
 
Oh, and to answer your question, the cart still runs fine.

scubabud 06-08-2009 11:16 AM

Re: Charger Problem?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaynef13 (Post 214016)
Oh, and to answer your question, the cart still runs fine.

What is the voltage at the female plug on your cart? Please use your voltmeter on it and let us know using only that for both positive and negative and then using the positive from that plug and the negative from your main (-) lead on the last battery. Can you do this?:mrgreen:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.