lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #21
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,084
Default Re: Rear end noise

I understood this thing made noise driving F or R and on the jackstands?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #22
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 831
Default Re: Rear end noise

If you driving straight away and hearing the noise, then IS NOT THE SPIDERS... if in a curve you hear the noise only, then the spiders.

I am more inlcined to input shaft/receiving pinion... did you change ALL the bearings already?
If has been a little amount of water inside there, the bearing gets all that easily and start to make noises all kinds...

Last edited by gaston; 09-03-2009 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: what= water LOL
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #23
Gone Wild
 
dirtysouth's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: P-COLA
Posts: 1,176
Smile Re: Rear end noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I understood this thing made noise driving F or R and on the jackstands?
You could split one apart again and remove the intermediate gear, then reassemble. Then you would narrow it down to the carrier, input, or intermediate.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:44 PM   #24
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,084
Default Re: Rear end noise

Okay seems maybe we have a misdiagnosis ... which is why I came here wit tit
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #25
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 831
Default Re: Rear end noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I understood this thing made noise driving F or R and on the jackstands?
The spiders when vehicle is running turns always one direction, when you put the cart on jack stands you're making them to turn negative balanced and forcing them to turn faster (you see 1 drum turning direction, the other opposite, then you can hear the growling noise); they are not designed for that. They are made only to proportionally balance the amount of positive motion in proportionally equal parts in either direction (if 1 tire is turning 80% the other is only turning SAME direction the rest 20%) That's what they are for.

I am more inclined to be input and intermediate gears, I had to change 10+ of them on differentials with almost no oil.
Are the axles straight??, if they are bent, this can cause some stress on gears and make them wear faster.

Last edited by gaston; 09-03-2009 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: added: to turn faster
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #26
Gone Wild
 
dirtysouth's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: P-COLA
Posts: 1,176
Smile Re: Rear end noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaston View Post
The spiders when vehicle is running turns always one direction, when you put the cart on jack stands you're making them to turn negative balanced and forcing them to turn faster (you see 1 drum turning direction, the other opposite, then you can hear the growling noise); they are not designed for that. They are made only to proportionally balance the amount of positive motion in proportionally equal parts in either direction (if 1 tire is turning 80% the other is only turning SAME direction the rest 20%) That's what they are for.

I am more inclined to be input and intermediate gears, I had to change 10+ of them on differentials with almost no oil.
Are the axles straight??, if they are bent, this can cause some stress on gears and make them wear faster.
What?mrgreen:
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #27
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,084
Default Re: Rear end noise

posted for clairity.....# 21 intermeadiate gear...
CC Electric Transaxle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC parts example 001.jpg (30.0 KB, 44 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #28
Gone Wild
 
dirtysouth's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: P-COLA
Posts: 1,176
Smile Re: Rear end noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
posted for clairity.....# 21 intermeadiate gear...
CC Electric Transaxle
Yeah, it's a two piece... Gas Man is on ta something with the input shaft bearing.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #29
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,084
Default Re: Rear end noise

looks like there are 2 of them? Sorry this pic didn't come out any bigger/ clearer?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #30
Gone Wild
 
dirtysouth's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: P-COLA
Posts: 1,176
Smile Re: Rear end noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
looks like there are 2 of them? Sorry this pic didn't come out any bigger/ clearer?
How ya figure?
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
g14 rear end noise? Gas Yamaha
rear-end noise Gas EZGO
Rear end Noise Gas Club Car
Rear End Noise Electric EZGO
rear end noise Gas Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.