|02-11-2010, 08:47 AM||#1|
Not Yet Wild
Join Date: Jan 2010
Thanks everyone..93 CC finished!
I traded an early 90's 25 hp mercury outboard motor which had not moved in 5 years for a 93 CC DS which, of course, had also not moved in 5 years. Good trade? I thought so...and then began to second guess myself when I made the trade, sight unseen.
The tires were rotten, the paint was chipped, and the batteries (bad, of course) had lead to corrosion on the frame. I knew I had alot of work ahead of me, especially since I know absolutely nothing about golf carts. Thankfully, I stumbled across this website and the helpful people that contribute.
here's the progression of my build..
1) Interstate battery was having a "after Christmas" sale on thier batteries so I was able to purchase 6 6vs at 85 dollars apiece. From what I read on this website, their manufacturer, US battery, makes a battery equivelant to that of Trojan.
-Total Cost: about $550
2) I removed the shell from the frame and went to work on painting. Since this will be used for hunting, I decided to go with a tan color. I used Krylon fusion ultra flat Kaki color for the body and Green for the trim. Painting took the most time of anything! Since the old paint was uneven and chipping, I had to sand the entire body down. Then I applied a $20 can of Bulldog adhesion promoter, which was enough to do the entire cart suprisingly. I think I used approximately 8 cans of spray paint total at about $4 apiece. Also, I found a Krylon leather and upholstry paint that works great! It looks like a completely new seat and it doesn't rub off on clothes!
-Total Cost: About $60
3) Here's the biggie. I decided to go with a 6 inch All Sports spindle lift kit combo with 22 inch tires/wheels. The service with 3r was great but the instructions provided with the lift kit left much to be desired. If you have little-no knowledge of the components of vehicles, like I did, these instructions look like a foreign language. Alot of liquid wrench on the rusty nuts and bolts, and about 3 days later, I had the lift installed. Things would have gone much quicker If I had a helping hand, or a jack, or even jack stands, but I had to lift the body up on cynderblocks and that was a little unnerving. Also, many trips to autozone and lowes for stripped and rusted parts.
Total Cost: About $550
4) Redo most of the wiring. A good metal brush and some liquid wrench helped clean off most of the connections but I had to replace a few wires and connectors.
Total Cost: $30
Outcome: I included some before and after pics. It runs great and I couldnt be happier. Now, I need to install some lights and, when i get the money, a rear seat.
Thanks again everyone
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
|Almost finished||Lifted Golf Carts|
|Finaly finished G1||Gas Yamaha|
|04 txt finally finished (for now)||Gas EZGO|
|Just finished A-Arm front end for Ez-go||Lifted Golf Carts|
|Finished G1||Members Rides|