lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
Gone Wild
 
carguy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Loveland, CO / Sun Lakes, AZ
Posts: 234
Smile Re: battery change precedent

Buggies Unlimited will be comming out with a conversion kit late this summer or early fall.

Club Car has them now. I got the part #'s from a dealer . . . . but I cant find those #'s now. CC is very proud of their version (lotsa $$$$$$).

Have fun, Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: battery change precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
You know the only problem with the 4-12s is they dont hold up on a golf course.I think a new set of batteries other than trojan and you will be ok,the u.s.batteries work real good.

I don't golf so not really sure how many miles or going up hills contributes to battery life under those scenario's...

I do know that I can always get at least 20 miles out of my cart with 1 year old batteries on fairly level ground running average speeds of 11 MPH in different campgrounds, topping the speeds out to 26 on occasion. That's taking the batteries down to 48.4 volts. How does this compare to golf course usage with higher hills and stop and go? I always wondered about that...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #13
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: battery change precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
Buggies Unlimited will be comming out with a conversion kit late this summer or early fall.

Club Car has them now. I got the part #'s from a dealer . . . . but I cant find those #'s now. CC is very proud of their version (lotsa $$$$$$).

Have fun, Dave
If you get that number can you post it here? Thanks
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #14
Gone Wild
 
golfcarfixer's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DELAWARE
Posts: 2,656
Default Re: battery change precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
I don't golf so not really sure how many miles or going up hills contributes to battery life under those scenario's...

I do know that I can always get at least 20 miles out of my cart with 1 year old batteries on fairly level ground running average speeds of 11 MPH in different campgrounds, topping the speeds out to 26 on occasion. That's taking the batteries down to 48.4 volts. How does this compare to golf course usage with higher hills and stop and go? I always wondered about that...
Well golf courses cycle the batteries more than like you and I do,you know they go out and play 36 holes come in and get put on charge for about 4 hours and then go out again.When you and I use our cars we just cruise around locally and dont put them to hard use and we also take better care of the batteries.A lot of courses run the batteries out of water and overcharge and some dont.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #15
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: battery change precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
Well golf courses cycle the batteries more than like you and I do,you know they go out and play 36 holes come in and get put on charge for about 4 hours and then go out again.When you and I use our cars we just cruise around locally and dont put them to hard use and we also take better care of the batteries.A lot of courses run the batteries out of water and overcharge and some dont.
Thanks :) Is there a rule of thumb for 36 holes = ?? miles

Sad thing is I had homes in PGA on the golf course but could never play the game... bad shoulder is the excuse I use currently!!!!! LOL I've only played Putt Putt and I suck at that as well!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
Gone Wild
 
golfcarfixer's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DELAWARE
Posts: 2,656
Default Re: battery change precedent

I dont know what the mileage is on courses as I assume it varies for each course.My Dad has a 2007 Prececent that he uses daily on the course and around the Hood and has 0-problems.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #17
Gone Wild
 
dougmcp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 2,757
Default Re: battery change precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Thanks :) Is there a rule of thumb for 36 holes = ?? miles
36 holes is less than 10 miles of driving in spurts of 100-200 yards at a time. The draw down on the batteries is less because the cart sits and recovers between spurts. The terrain is another thing, probably 70%-30%, cart path vs grass.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: battery change precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
36 holes is less than 10 miles of driving in spurts of 100-200 yards at a time. The draw down on the batteries is less because the cart sits and recovers between spurts. The terrain is another thing, probably 70%-30%, cart path vs grass.
Thanks Doug
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
Gone Wild
 
carguy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Loveland, CO / Sun Lakes, AZ
Posts: 234
Smile Re: battery change precedent

The conversion part #'s as given to my by a CC dealer are:

1275201

103368401

I did not look up these parts myself, so I am at the mercy of what another person told me. If they are not correct, sorry.

Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #20
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: battery change precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
The conversion part #'s as given to my by a CC dealer are:

1275201

103368401

I did not look up these parts myself, so I am at the mercy of what another person told me. If they are not correct, sorry.

Dave
Thanks Dave :)

I'll call the CC dealer here and ask for pricing. :)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Precedent gear change Electric Club Car
Can I replace my 12v Battery with an AUTOMOTIVE Battery? (2005 Club Car Precedent) Electric Club Car
CC Precedent gear change help Electric Club Car
ezgo battery change problems Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.