lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Beaufort,SC
Posts: 55
Default after nine holes

so i've been having issues with the cart decreasing in power intermittantly so i went with a buddy to see how far i could get it to go or if it would eventually die on me. We went 9 holes on a typical golf course, up and down some big tee boxes/hills etc and when i got done my pack voltage was down to 47.53

The power was not good by the end of the trip but i feel that it should be in better shape afrter nine holes. Any ideas? could it be a controller issue?

95 CC 48V 22" tires
jlutsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
just leave me alone
 
GLEEMO's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,643
Default Re: after nine holes

What was the Voltage when U started , here is a chart I hope will help = State of Charge Readings
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Not sure yet
Posts: 500
Default Re: after nine holes

Distance is not controller related, do a battery test first.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LINWOOD, MI
Posts: 1,362
Default Re: after nine holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS View Post
Distance is not controller related, do a battery test first.
I have to agree that it may be your batteries!! The controller would not have anything with the runtime on the cart
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
Gone Wild
 
Frizbgolf's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Picayune, Mississippi
Posts: 692
Default Re: after nine holes

I have shot a 47 on nine holes and felt it was pretty good lol. But if I were you I would be taking a look at the batteries. How old are they. Get readings before you play with a full charge post them here and we will help diagnose the problem.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Beaufort,SC
Posts: 55
Default Re: after nine holes

The batteries are 05 trojan 860 but have had little use over the years from the previous owner. I just went to check the pack voltage but forgot that it was on charge so i will have to wait while on that. I did notice a bubbling sound and acid smell but the batteries have never boiled over and the levels are good.

All of this seemed to start after i upgraded to 2ga all around but this is also when i first got the cart and started using it more than it had been in the past. how long to i need to wait until checking the pack voltage?
jlutsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
dougmcp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 2,757
Default Re: after nine holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutsey View Post
The batteries are 05 trojan 860 but have had little use over the years from the previous owner. I just went to check the pack voltage but forgot that it was on charge so i will have to wait while on that. I did notice a bubbling sound and acid smell but the batteries have never boiled over and the levels are good.

All of this seemed to start after i upgraded to 2ga all around but this is also when i first got the cart and started using it more than it had been in the past. how long to i need to wait until checking the pack voltage?
05 batteries are getting on in age. A bubbling sound and a little offgassing is normal, especially with older batteries.
Wait for at least an hour after the charger has stopped to check your battery pack voltage.
If your batteries are old and low on charge, it could take 12-15 hours.
It's OK to check the voltage the next day before running the cart.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #8
just leave me alone
 
GLEEMO's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,643
Default Re: after nine holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
05 batteries are getting on in age. A bubbling sound and a little offgassing is normal, especially with older batteries.
Wait for at least an hour after the charger has stopped to check your battery pack voltage.
If your batteries are old and low on charge, it could take 12-15 hours.
It's OK to check the voltage the next day before running the cart.
What he said ^ , but make sure U wait at least 1 hour after charger completes to check (longer is ok , just not shorter)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Not sure yet
Posts: 500
Default Re: after nine holes

accually, one of the best times to check batteries is when it is on the charger, you can tell alot, even after just a few hours on the charger.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #10
just leave me alone
 
GLEEMO's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,643
Default Re: after nine holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS View Post
accually, one of the best times to check batteries is when it is on the charger, you can tell alot, even after just a few hours on the charger.
U know if someone is going to make statements , short, terse, with no explanation on how to do this , what to look for , what secrets are reveled
... etc. they may be better off just not commenting .

So Oh FIXEROFCARTS, Enlighten us with you infinite wisdom PLEASE
and take your time and a full explination will work
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
All new batteries and they want last nine holes Electric golf carts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.