lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #21
Getting Wild
 
bill-e-boy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 143
Default Re: battery replacement

found my OBC..it was under the seat in the battery compartment....not in the controller area...on the rear wall....it has the pink label and is version 2.06.

apparently i'm good with the version judging by the previous post from tahoe
bill-e-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #22
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: battery replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
TahoeDawg, what are the symptoms of a bad or going bad OBC other then the obvious of not working whatsoever. Are there any tell tale signs to watch for?
Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between this and bad batteries.... A bad OBC will sometimes cause the charger to never turn off. It can also short out internally and the car will not run at all because of it. There's quite a few things it can do that will cause you problems. The main problem I see when they fail is when they get stuck in charge mode. You'll know this is the case when you plug the charger cord into the vehicle and it immediately turns on instead of having a 2-10 second delay. If that ever happens, unplug it immediately and buy a new OBC because it'll sure cook your batteries. It will never turn a charger off because it's stuck in the ON position.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #23
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: battery replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill-e-boy View Post
found my OBC..it was under the seat in the battery compartment....not in the controller area...on the rear wall....it has the pink label and is version 2.06.

apparently i'm good with the version judging by the previous post from tahoe
Yes you're good to go.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #24
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: battery replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between this and bad batteries.... A bad OBC will sometimes cause the charger to never turn off. It can also short out internally and the car will not run at all because of it. There's quite a few things it can do that will cause you problems. The main problem I see when they fail is when they get stuck in charge mode. You'll know this is the case when you plug the charger cord into the vehicle and it immediately turns on instead of having a 2-10 second delay. If that ever happens, unplug it immediately and buy a new OBC because it'll sure cook your batteries. It will never turn a charger off because it's stuck in the ON position.
Thanks for the information
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #25
Getting Wild
 
bill-e-boy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 143
Default Re: battery replacement

yes sir thanks tahoe,

I still believe I need new batteries....my charger does run and cuts off...even tried a friends charger...had the same results......batteries won't hold a charge very long anymore.

Now the only question is....go with the highly recommended but somewhat not recommended Trojans which only lasted barely not quite 4 years.....OR...try the US batteries and give them a run.

from my local dealer the price is the same 145 ea.
bill-e-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #26
Gone Wild
 
dougmcp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 2,757
Default Re: battery replacement

I think you have the 4x12v set up and 4 years is about all you get out of the 12v batteries.
I would give some consideration to doing the 6x8v conversion and have the batteries last 5 to 7 years.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #27
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: battery replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill-e-boy View Post
yes sir thanks tahoe,

I still believe I need new batteries....my charger does run and cuts off...even tried a friends charger...had the same results......batteries won't hold a charge very long anymore.

Now the only question is....go with the highly recommended but somewhat not recommended Trojans which only lasted barely not quite 4 years.....OR...try the US batteries and give them a run.

from my local dealer the price is the same 145 ea.
I've actually welded in new battery racks and put 6 8Volt batteries in a DS car that was configured for 4 12's.... If you're interested let me know... I'll send you a photograph
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #28
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: battery replacement

I'd be interested in doing this on my 06 Precedent. Hint Hint...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #29
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Not sure yet
Posts: 500
Default Re: battery replacement

You can tell the difference between a bad OBC and bad batteries by taking battery voltage readings while on the charger near the end of the charge cycle. That will give you your answer.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 10:41 PM   #30
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,064
Default Re: battery replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXEROFCARTS View Post
You can tell the difference between a bad OBC and bad batteries by taking battery voltage readings while on the charger near the end of the charge cycle. That will give you your answer.
.....and what would that 'bad battery' reading be as opposed to the 'bad OBC' reading?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Club Car Battery Replacement Electric Club Car
battery cable replacement? Electric Yamaha
6 volt battery replacement Electric Club Car
96 ezgo battery replacement Electric EZGO
Battery replacement Extreme DC!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.