lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #21
Getting Wild
 
flasharps's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Estero, Florida
Posts: 140
Default Re: Admiral MOT-A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Me too, but when you are going close to 30mph any additional braking in addition to the drum brakes is very nice!
LOL! I hear ya! I agree.

Thanks for all the info! It really helps! Do you have some photo's of your cart you want to share? Here are some larger ones of mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS CC 010.jpg (197.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg SS CC 016.jpg (197.4 KB, 6 views)
flasharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 03-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #22
Getting Wild
 
flasharps's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Estero, Florida
Posts: 140
Default Re: Admiral MOT-A1

Well..... No motor and controller today.

Hoping it comes tomorrow!
flasharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #23
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: Admiral MOT-A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flasharps View Post
Do you have some photo's of your cart you want to share? Here are some larger ones of mine.
These aren't quite current, no picture of it since the diamond plate on the side and the custom steering wheel. Pics also don't reflect the, 2 gauge wiring, or the new controller, or the black enclosure. Lots of before and after. I'll get some updated pictures of it this weekend.

http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...69126026rWriOE
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #24
Getting Wild
 
flasharps's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Estero, Florida
Posts: 140
Default Re: Admiral MOT-A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
These aren't quite current, no picture of it since the diamond plate on the side and the custom steering wheel. Pics also don't reflect the, 2 gauge wiring, or the new controller, or the black enclosure. Lots of before and after. I'll get some updated pictures of it this weekend.

http://good-times.webshots.com/slide...69126026rWriOE
Very Nice!!!

The next thing I want to do is replace the back springs!
flasharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #25
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: Admiral MOT-A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flasharps View Post
Very Nice!!!

The next thing I want to do is replace the back springs!
If you are not going to put a rear seat on then don't replace the rear springs only add an add a leaf, otherwise it will be way to rough.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #26
Getting Wild
 
flasharps's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Estero, Florida
Posts: 140
Default Re: Admiral MOT-A1

A rear seat is going on right after the motor goes in. The only added weight would be from our kids on the back seat.
flasharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #27
Getting Wild
 
flasharps's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Estero, Florida
Posts: 140
Default Re: Admiral MOT-A1

Do you have to add the rear leaf set with a back seat, or can you get by with what is on the cart?
flasharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #28
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: Admiral MOT-A1

I have the springs you see in the pictures. The single leaf were the stock ones. I drove around for a year with the heavy duty leafs like you see in the picture but they were still to stout. On the heavy duty leafs in the pictures, you can see there are four leafs, I removed the middle two and just run the main spring and the small flat over load spring, it rides really nice now, firmer than stock, softer than a brick. But it depends on manufacture of the spring pack as they may manufacture to different rates. Best thing to do is buy a pack of heavy duty leafs, and then modify them to your liking. And one more note, after changing the heavy duty springs to how they are now, I had to remove the shock extensions and just have the shocks bolted up as normal now. Again, let me get some good pictures of it as is now and and I will post tonight or tomorrow.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #29
Getting Wild
 
flasharps's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Estero, Florida
Posts: 140
Default Re: Admiral MOT-A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
I have the springs you see in the pictures. The single leaf were the stock ones. I drove around for a year with the heavy duty leafs like you see in the picture but they were still to stout. On the heavy duty leafs in the pictures, you can see there are four leafs, I removed the middle two and just run the main spring and the small flat over load spring, it rides really nice now, firmer than stock, softer than a brick. But it depends on manufacture of the spring pack as they may manufacture to different rates. Best thing to do is buy a pack of heavy duty leafs, and then modify them to your liking. And one more note, after changing the heavy duty springs to how they are now, I had to remove the shock extensions and just have the shocks bolted up as normal now. Again, let me get some good pictures of it as is now and and I will post tonight or tomorrow.
You Rock!

Thanks!
flasharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #30
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: Admiral MOT-A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flasharps View Post
You Rock!

Thanks!
Just trying to help, and just so you know the only reason you see my axle out and on the work bench is my stock motor was rust welded to the shaft, I had to destroy my old motor to get it off. I have a side business working on carts and I've never seen this on any other cart but mine. Otherwise they should just slide right off. I did put anti-seize lube on the splines when I put my Admiral on.

Check this out.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Anyone running an Admiral Motor? Electric Club Car
Admiral Motor Electric EZGO
Admiral motor Extreme DC!
Admiral motor Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.