lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: dinwiddie va
Posts: 20
Thumbs up cc headache

I cant win i bought a 1996 cc for a project no experience what so ever in this field ok so here we go i purchased a 350 amp controller a new 48 volt solenoid a new beefed up f&r switch well i also purchased a motor from a guy who said it would work it just came out of a newer cc well of course me not doing my homework i installed they look excatly the same well before i installed the controller i had 52.9 everywhere. and cart was not doing nothing anyways, well after the new controller only getn 10 volts well i also noticed the resistor on my solenoid was broke so not sure if that has somenthing to do with it. ok i did buy a new potentiometer but havent installed yet if anyone knows can u tell me if i bought the wrong electric motor i got it from a guy off craigslist before i knew anything about carts and he said it would work but not sure of factory model num on old electric motor threw it away but the new model num is 5bc59jbs6360 will this motor work or did i buy it for nothing. one more thing can any one tell me if this model is a series cart i belive it is
mikemathis18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,973
Default Re: cc headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemathis18 View Post
I cant win i bought a 1996 cc for a project no experience what so ever in this field ok so here we go i purchased a 350 amp controller a new 48 volt solenoid a new beefed up f&r switch well i also purchased a motor from a guy who said it would work it just came out of a newer cc well of course me not doing my homework i installed they look excatly the same well before i installed the controller i had 52.9 everywhere. and cart was not doing nothing anyways, well after the new controller only getn 10 volts well i also noticed the resistor on my solenoid was broke so not sure if that has somenthing to do with it. ok i did buy a new potentiometer but havent installed yet if anyone knows can u tell me if i bought the wrong electric motor i got it from a guy off craigslist before i knew anything about carts and he said it would work but not sure of factory model num on old electric motor threw it away but the new model num is 5bc59jbs6360 will this motor work or did i buy it for nothing. one more thing can any one tell me if this model is a series cart i belive it is
If you bought a beefed up F&R Switch you've definitely got a series car.... The new motor you bought... does it have a pigtail wire coming out of the end of it? If so, it'll never work.. It's a Shunt (Non-Series) motor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: dinwiddie va
Posts: 20
Thumbs up Re: cc headache

no no pig tail its the same setup but someone just has me nervous about it i thought they were the same but i guess there is a differnce
mikemathis18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,973
Default Re: cc headache

Is is an OEM motor? If so, What color is the label? Should be either white with blue writing or white with green writing.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
The Last Moja Morani
 
shadowman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: jumping from cart to cart
Posts: 8,975
Default Re: cc headache

you also need to replace that resistor...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: dinwiddie va
Posts: 20
Default Re: cc headache

resister and diode is on the way with the potentiometer and the lettering on the sticker is actually white sticker with black writing and a lil blue part of the sticker and lettering and words are black to
mikemathis18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #7
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 7,973
Default Re: cc headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemathis18 View Post
resister and diode is on the way with the potentiometer and the lettering on the sticker is actually white sticker with black writing and a lil blue part of the sticker and lettering and words are black to
I'd like to see a picture of this... Doesn't sound like an OEM motor to me.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #8
Gone Wild
 
CartTrader's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio-In Summer, Central Florida-In winter
Posts: 887
Default Re: cc headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
you also need to replace that resistor...................................

Just what does that resistor and diode do on the solenoid? Been doing a search but haven`t come up with anything. I found the resistor broke on mine too.


CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 02:34 AM   #9
nimda
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,912
Default Re: cc headache

According to the numbers provided the motor is a stock 48 volt 3.1 HP SERIES motor. Amazing, found that googling the number.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #10
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,060
Default Re: cc headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Just what does that resistor and diode do on the solenoid? Been doing a search but haven`t come up with anything. I found the resistor broke on mine too.


CartTrader
36 or 48v? 200 or 400 amps? There is a difference
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1996cc model a9642-536366
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Head Light Headache Electric Club Car
kf82 headache Gas Club Car
Wiring headache, or is it starter trouble? Gas Club Car
guy with a headache Gas EZGO
this headache to go away..... Golf Carts and Parts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.