lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Finding Myself
 
vw3858's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 428
Default Digital Voltage Reading DURING Use

Just wondering if anyone has info or has documented any voltage readings during USE using the much used Digital Meter Displays; As you would expect, the voltage varies during use/load, and we know to let the cart sit a few minutes below getting our true pack voltage.

That said, for instance, is there a particular voltage that you might want to eye on full throttle/load to also ensure you dont over drain the battery pack. I've noticed for instance mine can drop as low as 45V on full throttle un a slight hill, loading the system. Just curious
vw3858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Getting Wild
 
BamaDozier's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 101
Default Re: Digital Voltage Reading DURING Use

VW,

I am sorry to deviate from the topic of the thread.... BUT, is the girl in your profile pic shining your wheels by grinding on them? I certainly hope so...
BamaDozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 01:31 AM   #3
Gone Wild
 
gsf35099's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 390
Default Re: Digital Voltage Reading DURING Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw3858 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has info or has documented any voltage readings during USE using the much used Digital Meter Displays; As you would expect, the voltage varies during use/load, and we know to let the cart sit a few minutes below getting our true pack voltage.

That said, for instance, is there a particular voltage that you might want to eye on full throttle/load to also ensure you dont over drain the battery pack. I've noticed for instance mine can drop as low as 45V on full throttle un a slight hill, loading the system. Just curious
I installed a digital meter a couple weeks ago and see the drop as well on heavy loads as I have been testing it on steep hills. I have not had mine drop below 48.6v for just the initial start then back up quickly, but I do have new Trojans and have been breaking them in. 45v seems a little low to me but could be the age or the charge just getting lower. Not really sure what they should be reading under the load. Maybe one of the other sparky's will chime in and give us some idea.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 06:21 AM   #4
Finding Myself
 
vw3858's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 428
Default Re: Digital Voltage Reading DURING Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf35099 View Post
I installed a digital meter a couple weeks ago and see the drop as well on heavy loads as I have been testing it on steep hills. I have not had mine drop below 48.6v for just the initial start then back up quickly, but I do have new Trojans and have been breaking them in. 45v seems a little low to me but could be the age or the charge just getting lower. Not really sure what they should be reading under the load. Maybe one of the other sparky's will chime in and give us some idea.
Yeah, my pack is barely a year old with light use; It appears they just got broke in not long ago based on what I can tell.....I travel short runs (maybe 10 mins or so) and may go a couple days before I peak them off....Honestly, I was exactly sure how low the drop got after use, and then WOT up hill, but its significant; and of course mine may be drawing down lower with these 25" tires, stock motor and 500A Alltrax...just not sure

I think I may begin some logging of data to see what, if anything, it tells me....
vw3858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 06:22 AM   #5
Finding Myself
 
vw3858's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 428
Default Re: Digital Voltage Reading DURING Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDozier View Post
VW,

I am sorry to deviate from the topic of the thread.... BUT, is the girl in your profile pic shining your wheels by grinding on them? I certainly hope so...
Bama

Lets just say I have seemed to notice an extreme shinny spot on that ONE tire
vw3858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #6
Getting Wild
 
BamaDozier's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Posts: 101
Default Re: Digital Voltage Reading DURING Use

You da man! My wife walked in while your pic was up and said "what is that!!!!!" I told her my wheels needed shining to.... She said "then you better go on out to the garage and start scrubbing..."
BamaDozier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #7
Finding Myself
 
vw3858's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 428
Default Re: Digital Voltage Reading DURING Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDozier View Post
You da man! My wife walked in while your pic was up and said "what is that!!!!!" I told her my wheels needed shining to.... She said "then you better go on out to the garage and start scrubbing..."
LOL...mine asked me WHO that was once too
vw3858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
Gone Wild
 
gsf35099's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 390
Default Re: Digital Voltage Reading DURING Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw3858 View Post
Yeah, my pack is barely a year old with light use; It appears they just got broke in not long ago based on what I can tell.....I travel short runs (maybe 10 mins or so) and may go a couple days before I peak them off....Honestly, I was exactly sure how low the drop got after use, and then WOT up hill, but its significant; and of course mine may be drawing down lower with these 25" tires, stock motor and 500A Alltrax...just not sure

I think I may begin some logging of data to see what, if anything, it tells me....
I was wrong about that reading. Mine drops to 43.6 then back up quick.. Had to take my sun glasses off to see it right.. I may do some logging as well. I have 22" tires. Still runs great!! I did see yesterday that I run around 46 to 48 when I'm cruising my street that is pretty hilly.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
Gone Wild
 
OLD MEC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Texas
Posts: 2,391
Default Re: Digital Voltage Reading DURING Use

VW3858-- Each cart will vary in voltage usage even though they are same make and model and came from factory the same, but still will run different because of so many different factors. Weight load, tire size, tire inflation, motor size, pedal position, controller size, cable size, plus terrain, wind resistance are just a few factors. The only thing you will come up with is maybe an average? I am able to get by with a light pedal by being in a flat area with smooth paved streets and having short runs in interior of park. Others of you will have complete different terrain to travel in.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
gsf35099's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 390
Default Re: Digital Voltage Reading DURING Use

Figured that was probably the case. I just use mine to let me know my unloaded charge so that I know when its time to grab the extension cord. That is the cool part of having an on-board charger. All I need is an extension cord and a 110v outlet.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Digital Voltmeter Display Installed Electric Club Car
Digital Speedometers and Tachometers Big Block Talk!
Resetting Digital Charge Meter Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.