|01-19-2011, 05:00 PM||#1|
Not Yet Wild
Join Date: Jan 2011
New owner of a refurbished club car.
1. Is the charger supposed to make a semi loud humming noise?
2. How often to charge new batteries.
3. How long to keep charger on.
thanks for any and all help.
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
|01-19-2011, 06:42 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Panama City, FL
Re: charger noise
1. yes. transformer hum is normal
2. some say after any amount of discharge. others say preferably after >10% discharge.
3. if it is a computer controlled charger with new batteries, let it charge until it shuts off on it's own. this can be as long as 15 or 16 hours. long charge cycles are common for the first charges of a new set of batteries.
|01-20-2011, 12:10 PM||#4|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Texas
Re: charger noise
It always helps to give full info when asking for forum help, give complete Serial number below passenger dash on frame.
Info on brand and voltage of charger is very important when asking for forum info.
On battery charging When To Charge and how long depends on alot of things.
Main one is AMP Hour Rating of Batterys, Age of Batterys,Type of driving surfaces, Loads, Distance, Speed, Etc.
A quality golf cart battery when NEW should be charged after EACH USE UNTIL BATTERYS ARE BROKEN IN. Note new batterys will not give full power for at least the first 20-50 charge cycles. if you want long powerful battery life, charge them after each use even if its only for a few minutes, Then NEVER ALLOW batterys to discharge more than 60%-70% if possible.
|g 16 noise||Big Block Talk!|
|Baterry Charger Noise / Vibration ?||Electric EZGO|
|G1 Noise ??||Gas Yamaha|
|'04 noise???||Gas EZGO|
|big sqreech noise||Gas EZGO|