lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #21
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2006 precedent charger problem

I tried the other charger and it does put out more voltage with the known good charger.The broken charger still works but it gets very hot while charging.I am ordering a diode now and will let yall know what happens next.thanks
NASTYNOTCHBACK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #22
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2006 precedent charger problem

installed a new diode and working fine again.

now for you charger guru's i have a power drive 1 charger that will come on when plugged in.The needle will jump around some and then it cuts off.unplug and replug and it will do it again.i have replaced everything in it and no fix.I also tried it on a different cart thinking it was the computer but it ain't.What yall got for this?
NASTYNOTCHBACK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #23
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 600
Default Re: 2006 precedent charger problem

First off hats off to T-DAWG
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #24
Gone Wild
 
TDAWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East Texas
Posts: 311
Default Re: 2006 precedent charger problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTYNOTCHBACK1 View Post
installed a new diode and working fine again.

now for you charger guru's i have a power drive 1 charger that will come on when plugged in.The needle will jump around some and then it cuts off.unplug and replug and it will do it again.i have replaced everything in it and no fix.I also tried it on a different cart thinking it was the computer but it ain't.What yall got for this?
What year cart are you using for your test vehicle with the PowerDrive 1 charger? The reason I ask is that with the older OBC's, in the beginning of the charge cycle, the charger will come on for a few seconds then shut off for a few seconds and then come back on. I just want to make sure that you are waiting long enough for it to come back on. Could be up to 5 seconds before it comes back on.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #25
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2006 precedent charger problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
What year cart are you using for your test vehicle with the PowerDrive 1 charger? The reason I ask is that with the older OBC's, in the beginning of the charge cycle, the charger will come on for a few seconds then shut off for a few seconds and then come back on. I just want to make sure that you are waiting long enough for it to come back on. Could be up to 5 seconds before it comes back on.
I goes to a 97 ds i had and i tried it on another 97.It goes off and comes back on like it is suppose to.The issues is the needle jumps back and forth from 0-whatever a few times and then it clicks off and stays off until you unplug and replug it.after a few times of that it just won't come on anymore until you let it sit a few hrs.
NASTYNOTCHBACK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #26
Gone Wild
 
TDAWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East Texas
Posts: 311
Default Re: 2006 precedent charger problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTYNOTCHBACK1 View Post
I goes to a 97 ds i had and i tried it on another 97.It goes off and comes back on like it is suppose to.The issues is the needle jumps back and forth from 0-whatever a few times and then it clicks off and stays off until you unplug and replug it.after a few times of that it just won't come on anymore until you let it sit a few hrs.
Did you try a known working charger in the 97 to see how it acts. Just to confirm that it is a charger problem.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #27
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2006 precedent charger problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
Did you try a known working charger in the 97 to see how it acts. Just to confirm that it is a charger problem.
I tried the charger in 3 different carts now and 2 of those carts have identical working chargers with no problems.
NASTYNOTCHBACK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #28
Gone Wild
 
TDAWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East Texas
Posts: 311
Default Re: 2006 precedent charger problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTYNOTCHBACK1 View Post
I tried the charger in 3 different carts now and 2 of those carts have identical working chargers with no problems.
In an earlier post you mentioned that you have replace everything in it. In a PowerDrive charger, I would think that you replaced the relay, circuit breaker, and the heak sink with diodes. Is this correct?
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #29
Getting Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 89
Default Re: 2006 precedent charger problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
In an earlier post you mentioned that you have replace everything in it. In a PowerDrive charger, I would think that you replaced the relay, circuit breaker, and the heak sink with diodes. Is this correct?
I did not replace the heat sink soooooooooo i guess i didn't replace it all lol
NASTYNOTCHBACK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #30
Gone Wild
 
TDAWG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East Texas
Posts: 311
Default Re: 2006 precedent charger problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTYNOTCHBACK1 View Post
I did not replace the heat sink soooooooooo i guess i didn't replace it all lol
In the stickeys for PowerDrive Charger, you will find detailed info on how to test the diodes and the transformer. That is the only two things left.
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
2006 Precedent Clu Car Electric EZGO
precedent charger problem need suggestions Electric Club Car
2006 precedent Electric Club Car
Should I buy a 2006 CC Precedent Electric Club Car
2006 Precedent runs slow. Is there a problem? Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.