lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
JT!
 
jaytee50's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondacks, NY
Posts: 91
Default 2002 cc ds iq --- pedal adjustment or controller limited?

after installing a lift kit my brakes were harder to use. i adjusted the tightening bolt on the yoke, and got my brakes setup perfectly.

NOW while i was under there i think i may have found why my GO pedal acts wierd (this IS an IQ cart) ....

... the pedal only activates the potentiometer box at 70% pedal down.(subtle click)...that means i step on the pedal for 5 inches of travel before the OBC even realizes ive stepped on the pedal.

this leaves only 2" of travel where the computer knows im accelerating.

my top speed on my 22" is 18mph with a peak of 19mph on a slight downhill (paved)

the top speed is not an issue but i feel like the cart has no torque.
even with the stock wheels it felt exactly the same.

can i adjust my pedal?
is my cart's torque setting set to OFF ?

18mph on 22" tires --- is this speed setting 2, 3 or 4?

my pack reads 51.X volts, and each battery has between 8.4v and 8.55v most at 8.5v
jaytee50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
OLD MEC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Texas
Posts: 2,391
Default Re: 2002 cc ds iq --- pedal adjustment or controller limited?

Many times with lift kits you need to install brake cable extenders that are available from many of our forum sponsors.
It is common for wear to cause loss of travel to MCOR unit. There are several things that cause this
#1 worn accelerator pedal bearings 2 required CC part #1011694
#2A worn shaft to MCOR where it touches pedal casting CC part #102101001
#2B worn shaft splines to MCOR matching splines CC part #102101001
#3 worn MCOR internally CC part #102101101
Go to
golfcartpartsdirect.com
and look under 2000-2005 DS first electric pedal assmbly and then MCOR for pictures.
The 19mph speed with stock tires would be controller setting #4 ( private speed setting ).
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: 2002 cc ds iq --- pedal adjustment or controller limited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
Many times with lift kits you need to install brake cable extenders that are available from many of our forum sponsors.
It is common for wear to cause loss of travel to MCOR unit. There are several things that cause this
#1 worn accelerator pedal bearings 2 required CC part #1011694
#2A worn shaft to MCOR where it touches pedal casting CC part #102101001
#2B worn shaft splines to MCOR matching splines CC part #102101001
#3 worn MCOR internally CC part #102101101
Go to
golfcartpartsdirect.com
and look under 2000-2005 DS first electric pedal assmbly and then MCOR for pictures.
The 19mph speed with stock tires would be controller setting #4 ( private speed setting ).
#4 worn accelerator pedal where MCOR "fork" on end of shaft meets pedal
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
JT!
 
jaytee50's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondacks, NY
Posts: 91
Default Re: 2002 cc ds iq --- pedal adjustment or controller limited?

thank you. i am checking it out now.
jaytee50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
JT!
 
jaytee50's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondacks, NY
Posts: 91
Default Re: 2002 cc ds iq --- pedal adjustment or controller limited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
#4 worn accelerator pedal where MCOR "fork" on end of shaft meets pedal
the fork had the slightest wear on it. and since i didnt have any tubing (as mentioned in a similar post) i wrapped the worn shaft with safety wire for a good 10 wraps.and then safety wired it back on itself, so that the coils i wrapped wouldnt slide off.

WOW the cart flies now.

--no more stutter at crawling speeds (pulling out of driveway)
--no more slow-curve acceleration -its now a steady increase from 0 to fullspeed.
-- top speed is not 18mph, its more like 25 -30mph. (gps batteries dead couldnt measure), it was scary fast on my washboard roads......

i think the cart has not been able to reach its max setting on the potentiometer in a long time.
jaytee50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,042
Default Re: 2002 cc ds iq --- pedal adjustment or controller limited?

That is a poor design is all, steel shaft on aluminum linkage ~ I have had some luck just pinching the linkage down on the shaft with big ole channel locks

Good to hear you found the second half of your throttle curve !
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #7
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: 2002 cc ds iq --- pedal adjustment or controller limited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytee50 View Post
the fork had the slightest wear on it. and since i didnt have any tubing (as mentioned in a similar post) i wrapped the worn shaft with safety wire for a good 10 wraps.and then safety wired it back on itself, so that the coils i wrapped wouldnt slide off.

WOW the cart flies now.

--no more stutter at crawling speeds (pulling out of driveway)
--no more slow-curve acceleration -its now a steady increase from 0 to fullspeed.
-- top speed is not 18mph, its more like 25 -30mph. (gps batteries dead couldnt measure), it was scary fast on my washboard roads......

i think the cart has not been able to reach its max setting on the potentiometer in a long time.
Great! I had same problem and noserider also . . noserider's solution seems to be an easy fix and I will get some tubing for mine today . . . but the added torque and top end speed on my car was remarkable when I did a temp fix to the linkage issue . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
JT!
 
jaytee50's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondacks, NY
Posts: 91
Default Re: 2002 cc ds iq --- pedal adjustment or controller limited?

i was surprised i was able to find a whole lot of torque too by making that adjustment, which for me was only 1/32" wire thickness.
jaytee50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
waterproofing Pedal box, ITS switch for controller cart Electric EZGO
2002 DS how do you remove the gas pedal? Electric Club Car
1996 Gas Club Car Accelerator Pedal Adjustment Questions Gas Club Car
pedal adjustment on electric cart? Electric EZGO
2002 EZ Go PDS Controller Golf Carts and Parts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.