lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #91
Gone Wild
 
Scooter B's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 596
Default Re: Fire

Sounds like everything worked out... See my latest investment: (PWC model from Walley World)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fire ext.JPG (406.7 KB, 16 views)
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #92
Mr. Helper
 
ForBruce's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY Catskills & South carolina
Posts: 436
Default Re: Fire

saw the photo of the new on board computer and it shows WELDING cable going thru it. What size is the wire you used ? and i'm wondering if club car got smarter and allowed for larger size wires to pass thru.

I will be changing mine to #2 welding cable and i think i'll have no choice but to strip the wire ..............push it thru bare and then attempt to re-install the rubber insulation that came off ( with the help of some tape )
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #93
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
saw the photo of the new on board computer and it shows WELDING cable going thru it. What size is the wire you used ? and i'm wondering if club car got smarter and allowed for larger size wires to pass thru.

I will be changing mine to #2 welding cable and i think i'll have no choice but to strip the wire ..............push it thru bare and then attempt to re-install the rubber insulation that came off ( with the help of some tape )
2 gauge welding cable is correct, and no the hole through the OBC is not bigger, in fact this one seemed a little smaller... WD40 and a little wrist action on the cable and it'll slide right through.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #94
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 230
Default Re: Fire

OK,...Dump question,... I replaced all of the other 6 guage battery cables in my 2008 CC but of course I did not want to take apart the rear cage to the controller. So my question is, can I take the cover off and cut the terminals off and replace the 6 guage to the controller with a 4 guage. Since the lug terminal won't go through I will have to cut that off and crimp and solder a new terminal. But for you guys,..why can't you just drill out the pass through. I assume there is some kind of a "Choke" sensor in there but the spacing can't be that tight. The sensor is there to measure the current,..right.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #95
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
OK,...Dump question,... I replaced all of the other 6 guage battery cables in my 2008 CC but of course I did not want to take apart the rear cage to the controller. So my question is, can I take the cover off and cut the terminals off and replace the 6 guage to the controller with a 4 guage. Since the lug terminal won't go through I will have to cut that off and crimp and solder a new terminal. But for you guys,..why can't you just drill out the pass through. I assume there is some kind of a "Choke" sensor in there but the spacing can't be that tight. The sensor is there to measure the current,..right.
Don't do that... it's tighter then you think... People have tried... People have failed...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #96
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 230
Default Re: Fire

sucbabud,.... your advice is not help,... ie,..don't do that,...do what???? The post above imply they were able to oil and pass through 2 Guage cable and you are saying I can't pass through 4 Guage,...or were you commenting on drilling out the opening. You post needs to be more clear.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #97
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
sucbabud,.... your advice is not help,... ie,..don't do that,...do what???? The post above imply they were able to oil and pass through 2 Guage cable and you are saying I can't pass through 4 Guage,...or were you commenting on drilling out the opening. You post needs to be more clear.
It's been stated many many times for many years about 2 or 4 gauge wire passing through OBC's... that has never ever been a question.

But you also mentioned about drilling out the opening in the OBC... that is what my comment is about. I hope that this clears up what I meant by previous post.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #98
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 230
Default Re: Fire

scubabud,... thanks for your comments. Now I think I get you last message. "Don't do any Drilling". However, I would encourage you to think more about what you post. I'm a new guy to this web site,.. so your post of,.... " It's been stated many many times for many years about 2 or 4 gauge wire passing through OBC's... that has never ever been a question.". This provides no information at all,... it doesn't tell me if it good or bad, or worhtles. I don't have the time to go back an read all the posts for the last 2 years. Yes you know the exact correct answer,... so why don't you make sure you post it. Please don't take my comments as ofensive as they are not ment in that manner. I'm just trying to get good information.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #99
Gone Wild
 
dougmcp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 2,757
Default Re: Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
I don't have the time to go back an read all the posts for the last 2 years. Yes you know the exact correct answer,... so why don't you make sure you post it. Please don't take my comments as ofensive as they are not ment in that manner. I'm just trying to get good information.
Not to sound to snarky here but the OBC hole/charging subject has been discussed at length in many other threads, if at 96 posts you are too busy to read, consider that scubabud at 2570 posts is too busy to type the answer again.
Search is your friend.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #100
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
scubabud,... thanks for your comments. Now I think I get you last message. "Don't do any Drilling". However, I would encourage you to think more about what you post. I'm a new guy to this web site,.. so your post of,.... " It's been stated many many times for many years about 2 or 4 gauge wire passing through OBC's... that has never ever been a question.". This provides no information at all,... it doesn't tell me if it good or bad, or worhtles. I don't have the time to go back an read all the posts for the last 2 years. Yes you know the exact correct answer,... so why don't you make sure you post it. Please don't take my comments as ofensive as they are not ment in that manner. I'm just trying to get good information.
Trigger I hear you and will take your comments into consideration. I'm sad to hear that you don't have time to try the search function for threads that might be able to answer your questions, as I still use on a regular basis. It looks like you've been a member here for over 2 years, "Join Date: 05-21-2009," so the statement, "I'm a new guy to this web site," is not quite correct. I've been a member for about 6 more months then yourself. Since I was trying to prevent a possible mistake that could cost you a couple hundred dollars for an OBC replacement, (what I would call good information,) maybe something like, "Scuba, thanks for your response but I'm not quite sure what you're speaking about... the Passing through of 4 or 2 gauge wires or drilling a hole through the OBC," might not be taken as disrespectful to someone trying to help you. Please don't take my comments as offensive as well... just stating a few facts... Thanks

Also my apologies for hijacking CheapJeep's thread... sorry CheapJeep... just trying to clarify some items/issues...
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Ez-go txt no fire Gas EZGO
Ez-Go, No fire Gas EZGO
G1 gas won't fire Gas Yamaha
Ez Go On Fire Electric EZGO
No Fire Big Block Talk!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.