lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #11
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
Sorry to hear about this! Was the cart in use at the time? I will start carrying a small fire extinguisher from now on. A pair of dykes to cut a cable wouldn't be a bad idea either!
Yes Cart was in use, died in the middle of the road with a 4th grader and infant on board with the mother. Fire department is doing a report and confirms a controller failure, some guy stopped to help them and they had a fire extinguisher as well.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #12
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Yes Cart was in use, died in the middle of the road with a 4th grader and infant on board with the mother. Fire department is doing a report and confirms a controller failure, some guy stopped to help them and they had a fire extinguisher as well.
Is the cart salvageable?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #13
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Eastern Ohio
Posts: 4
Default Re: Fire

Hope the cart was salvageable and the fire wasn't caused by the GB emblem on the front cowl! Good luck.
zannman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #14
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: Fire

Yes, it is salvageable... So far this is the list that I know about with out really digging into it

Body
Factory Wiring Harness
Speakers
motor cover
seats
Controller
Underseat Tray
Seat Belts
OBC

That's just the start...

I even think all of my 2 gauge wiring is intact and re-usable... Batteries and motor might be ok as well. So I am off to get it and tear into it and will advise.... Alltrax is on standby waiting for my pictures.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #15
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Yes, it is salvageable... So far this is the list that I know about with out really digging into it

Body
Factory Wiring Harness
Speakers
motor cover
seats
Controller
Underseat Tray
Seat Belts
OBC

That's just the start...

I even think all of my 2 gauge wiring is intact and re-usable... Batteries and motor might be ok as well. So I am off to get it and tear into it and will advise.... Alltrax is on standby waiting for my pictures.

Was the cart insured?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #16
Gone Wild
 
cheapjeep2's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Peachtree City, Georgia
Posts: 1,529
Default Re: Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Was the cart insured?
Yes, so between Alltrax and insurance the owner should be ok.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Yes, so between Alltrax and insurance the owner should be ok.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #18
Mr. Helper
 
ForBruce's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY Catskills & South carolina
Posts: 436
Default Re: Fire

know this doesn't help ....now but did you have a 450amp fuse connected to the batteries.

the answer might help others
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #19
Gone Wild
 
erict's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Michigan
Posts: 1,305
Default Re: Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
know this doesn't help ....now but did you have a 450amp fuse connected to the batteries.

the answer might help others
While we are on this subject, is there a fuse that can be installed at the battery pack to help aid in any shorts? If so, can someone link an example?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #20
Mr. Helper
 
ForBruce's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY Catskills & South carolina
Posts: 436
Default Re: Fire

you can buy fuse here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery fuses.jpg (35.9 KB, 50 views)
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Ez-go txt no fire Gas EZGO
Ez-Go, No fire Gas EZGO
G1 gas won't fire Gas Yamaha
Ez Go On Fire Electric EZGO
No Fire Big Block Talk!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.